Norcal's GRUB Thread

nah bruh , im saying they are at a new location everyday, they update on fb & twitter with their locations.

but baby blues bbq aka DRUGS is :pimp:tttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Just got back from Cooking Papa in Santa Clara. They serve Hong Kong style dishes. http://www.mycookingpapa.com

Hong Kong style egg puff for dessert.

Rice flour noodle roll with flour crisp served with two dipping sauces. One peanut and the other hoisin sauce.

i hit up a fairly new ayce sushi joint in deep san jose called kenzo. not buffet style, but the rolls were pretty good. i like this place better than sushi 85 or sushi infinity. service was really good since we sat at the bar, and the chef was giving us all these recommendations based on what type of fish we were looking for. in addtiion, all the waitresses and chefs said hello to us as we walked in. he was also checking in to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. $22 for lunch, $25 for dinner. going south on 101, exit capitol, right on snell rd. i was only able to get a shot of the rainbow roll since my buddies and i practically inhaled the other rolls coming at us lol.  

also, the parentals brought home some chow fun from vien huong in oakland's chinatown off franklin st. been ordering the combination and seafood chow mein or chow fun from them for years 
pimp.gif
. place is crackin on weekends. order it with gravy. 

I haven't eaten there, but I've gone just for drinks...Atmosphere is chill though, cool workers.

Saw the nachos last time and
eek.gif
!

There are always food trucks on weekdays on sansome and post during lunch time. I always do deliveries on montogmery and the smell is Sooo nice.

Also on mission st between 2nd and 3rd too

Originally Posted by LORENander

also, the parentals brought home some chow fun from vien huong in oakland's chinatown off franklin st. been ordering the combination and seafood chow mein or chow fun from them for years 
pimp.gif
. place is crackin on weekends. order it with gravy. 

Vien Huong is off da chain!! Been going there for years, I used to work at the cambodian restaurant called "Battambang" on broadway in oakland.

Yeah as far as underdogs yeah its a cool spot, especially crackin on superbowl. They usually have table resis for $20 and you get a pitcher of beer and nachos. Not a bad deal IMO...

Farmer Brown's Little Skillet in the SOMA is 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

First time I've ever had chicken and waffles and there are no words to describe it..

Look for yourself
2e5nxbb.jpg

The sausage gravy, the syrup, the hot sauce, and fresh crispy waffle.  I'm salivating just thinking of this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Thanks LORENander!
laugh.gif
Curry Up Now.
lulz Curry Up Now truck is ALWAYS parked directly across the street from where I work on Bush in the Financial District.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Just got back from Cooking Papa in Santa Clara. They serve Hong Kong style dishes. http://www.mycookingpapa.com

Hong Kong style egg puff for dessert.

Rice flour noodle roll with flour crisp served with two dipping sauces. One peanut and the other hoisin sauce.

eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The4Fifteen

Farmer Brown's Little Skillet in the SOMA is 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

First time I've ever had chicken and waffles and there are no words to describe it..

Look for yourself
2e5nxbb.jpg

The sausage gravy, the syrup, the hot sauce, and fresh crispy waffle.  I'm salivating just thinking of this
laugh.gif
How much is that?

laugh.gif
@ Ihop's chicken and waffle being just strips and waffles.

I went to SmokeEaters for the first time last night.
Ordered a 50 piece 

20 mild

10 garlic

10 honey bbQ

10 4 alarm

pimp.gif

I was in the mood for a cheesesteak sandwich yesterday so I picked this place. http://phillys.tumblr.com/ I got the 10" South Street(garlic and bacon) cheesesteak, side of cole slaw and french fries. The Philly cheesesteak hit the spot. Cole slaw was weak and fries were decent. They have wings too but I didn't get any. Did I mention there is a cute girl working there?
happy.gif

dsc1296f.jpg

dsc1297q.jpg

dsc1299v.jpg

Looks good 
pimp.gif
!

Went to a Vietnamese place, right next to 24fitness on Ocean (in SF), was gonna take pics but family swooped on the food
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

I went to SmokeEaters for the first time last night.
Ordered a 50 piece 

20 mild

10 garlic

10 honey bbQ

10 4 alarm

pimp.gif
gotta hit it when its winger/ tender night. Hard to get a table but its worth the price and good for takeout. 

Originally Posted by LORENander

i hit up a fairly new ayce sushi joint in deep san jose called kenzo. not buffet style, but the rolls were pretty good. i like this place better than sushi 85 or sushi infinity. service was really good since we sat at the bar, and the chef was giving us all these recommendations based on what type of fish we were looking for. in addtiion, all the waitresses and chefs said hello to us as we walked in. he was also checking in to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. $22 for lunch, $25 for dinner. going south on 101, exit capitol, right on snell rd. i was only able to get a shot of the rainbow roll since my buddies and i practically inhaled the other rolls coming at us lol.  
It's funny because I heard about this place too a few weeks ago, but had mixed experiences. The rolls here are better than the other ayce places, but the service here is just terrible. Worst than the crappy service at Sushi Factory. Note to self: sit at the bar. For a sushi place, it really gives off a diner-vibe.

Back
Top Bottom