NOOK or Kindle?

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

The main reason I bought the NST was that my mother has a Nook and she shares books with my wife. I will say that NST is a little more open and allows users to checkout books from public libraries.
Ditto. My friend owned a nook and had amassed a pretty decent library so I thought it would be cool if we could borrow books off one another.

OP, Overstock has the Nook Simple Touch for $79 (got mine from them for the same price).

http://www.overstock.com/...hed/6198991/product.html

You can also buy direct from BN: http://www.barnesandnoble...-barnes-noble/1102471846

They're refurbished but just as good as a new one.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

Originally Posted by Vendetta

I have the 2nd Kindle and it works well enough for me. It has upped the amount of reading I do. I don't have any experience with the new Kindle Fire but I hear they're already planning the follow up to it since the Fire was relased 3-4 months behind schedule.

mmmmmm guess i wont buy the kindle fire for nows.
If you strictly will use your E-Reader, I think the Kindle would be good enough. I read a couple pages on one and it looks good. I personally have a Kindle Fire and use it to watch videos. I have only read one book and it works out fine for me.

I remember testing both a few months back at Best Buy and just like I read in some reviews, the Nook Tablet was much smoother than the Kindle Fire. Performance and interface wise, it just seemed like a cleaner device. A few NTers do seem satisfied with the KFs though.
I also read in some Amazon reviews that people have been rooting their Nooks making it easier to access 3rd party apps. Wouldn't root and Android OS mean free books pretty much? Still deciding on KF or Nook Tab but have been leaning towards the Nook Tablet.

i've got a nook simple touch myself. i've also owned a couple of sony ereaders in the past. i've liked every single one and really like the nook i own currently.

i hear nothing but good things about the kindle, but i'm a dude that reads mostly drm free .epub books and from what i understand, kindle doesn't allow those.

like one of the other posters said - they're all pretty much the same if you're using them for reading. tablets are a different world entirely.

ive had a kindle fire since the rd

its great for my needs

if you need a ereader i dont think the screen is that great for reading, cause thats where the eink is better

I've been thinking of picking up one of these.  Just got my tax return today and it was pretty good 
laugh.gif
.  I need something portable to read books and watch movies when i'm bored in between classes.

:nerd:

thinking about getting moms one

kindle fire hd or nook hd?

Last edited:
[QUOTE name="Alchemist IQ"]
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

[QUOTE name="JohnnyRedStorm"]
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

[QUOTE name="blackngold1z"]
Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Isn't google coming out with a reader/tablet this year? That's what i'm waiting on.

So they could track and sell your literary desires?

Grab a Kindle, op. It's the best pure e-reader.

[/QUOTE]

Amazon tracks, the items you browse at and buy. "This what other people have gotten together with this item" "The items you've looked at before" "Authors you think you'll read" etc....isn't that the same as tracking.[/QUOTE]

Meh, that kinda comes in handy though
laugh.gif

[/quote]

:lol: unless you pay cash for everything or steal identity's you could be tracked if anyone cared.

i use a kindle for text books, it's ok but the page numbers are always off from the paper books so it's hard to follow.

I just simply do not like the new shape of the Nook e readers. It is shaped like a 2 year olds hard cardboard little book. I like the page to have the same shape as a physical book's page shape.

I got my girlfriend the original nook and she loves it. She wants the new glowlight.I think I'd like to get the kindle light, but only if I can put on books that I download from other sites.

I rather have real books but for comics, short stories and etc I want to get one. After looking at reviews, I'm leaning towards the Kindle

I just simply do not like the new shape of the Nook e readers. It is shaped like a 2 year olds hard cardboard little book. I like the page to have the same shape as a physical book's page shape.

I got my girlfriend the original nook and she loves it. She wants the new glowlight.I think I'd like to get the kindle light, but only if I can put on books that I download from other sites.
if you get a kindle make sure you download this..

calibre

i'm a dude that reads mostly drm free .epub books and from what i understand, kindle doesn't allow those.

there are 93482039482 free options that let u convert epub (or any other file format) to kindle (.mobi) format. 

i would recommend any e-ink type of reader over ipads and other tablets, for the simple fact that it is annoying ashell to read off lcd screens. glare, hella bright, tires out ur eyes etc

i have the kindle from about 2 years ago and love it. cant go wrong with a nook reader either

resurrecting this cuz my nook simpletouch just bricked out on me. owned the stupid thing for 18 months, barely used it (read maybe 20 books on it) and b&n says they can't do anything for me at this point.

no chance i'm buying another b&n product, amazon with the special offers annoys me. plus their stance on DRM is still enough that's i'd prefer an alternative.

anyone here own a kobo glo?

For a while I wanted a NOOK but was hearing that people were experiencing technical issues very early and customer service was awful. After going to Best Buy where the NOOK display had the same issues that people were describing, and could hardly even start up, I decided to go with the Paperwhite. Thoroughly satisfied thus far. My biggest surprise is that the Special Offers don't bother me at all. Hardly even noticeable and very non-intrusive. Easily converted PDF's to Kindle with converter.

Recommended.

Back
Top Bottom