NON DRINKERS? WHY NOT OR WHY'D YOU STOP?

Addictive personality....drank last night for New Years ,paying for it now.. But not much of a drinker, cuz I can't stop when I start. I try to avoid da liqs..from a long line of alcoholics and recovering alcoholics and addicts. I try to stick to :smokin and the occasional zanny (btw could easily become a problem for me)
I know this. But this is were I am at right now.

Ive been a alcoholic.since i was 17 and im 23 now. Pops is a heavy alcholic almost my whole life and functions like you couldnt beleive. I come from a family of alcoholics and drug abuse.

17-19 i used to drinjand smoke weed everytime thdn19-22 drink and do coke.

22-now i cant go a day without a beer.

What ****** blows my mind tho, is that ive been talkin to this girl for about 2 months and she doesnt know im an alcoholic. But for the past month and a half ive had maybe 6 beers all together. Chick cuts my desire to get messed up and im starting to feel so much better about any and everything. It can only gst better and im glad im in the process of quitting. 6 yrs is a long time to always be messed up.

Ive been a alcoholic.since i was 17 and im 23 now. Pops is a heavy alcholic almost my whole life and functions like you couldnt beleive. I come from a family of alcoholics and drug abuse.

17-19 i used to drinjand smoke weed everytime thdn19-22 drink and do coke.

22-now i cant go a day without a beer.

What ****** blows my mind tho, is that ive been talkin to this girl for about 2 months and she doesnt know im an alcoholic. But for the past month and a half ive had maybe 6 beers all together. Chick cuts my desire to get messed up and im starting to feel so much better about any and everything. It can only gst better and im glad im in the process of quitting. 6 yrs is a long time to always be messed up.
smokin.gif
 best of luck to ya! keep it up!

Yall don't think drinking before the age requirement has something to do with these problems?
Possibly, but not entirely. However, some countries allow individuals to drink legally when they turn 18 or some as young as 16.

The guideline of 21 here in the USA is merely a suggestion. It is not a clear threshold that says "alright, you can't drink at 11:59PM, you have to wait until 12AM before it is safe".

seems like most people have 3-4 "hardcore party years" before getting over that phase, for most people its college since they are of age or at least around people that are of age to buy them drinks but a lot of people start and finish the 3-4 years in highschool

i grew up in shanghai were there is no drinking age, we had our own bar that we would go to every weekend we went to clubs of all kinds. at first its fun to get drunk and do foolish things but after a while  you learn that its better to get a good group of people and enjoy hanging around each other rather than needing alcohol to have fun.

stopped drinking last year. i'm asian and i have this condition which my skin basically get super red from drinking very slight amount of alcohol. Even if you are not even buzzed.

it's a genetic thing within the asian gene pool, kinda like sickle cell within the black population

always thought it's just low level of tolerance of alcohol, turns out it's way more serious

people with this condition lacks certain enzyme to process alcohol positively, the gene was not positively selected in history

therefore the toxin of alcohol last much longer in me comparing to other people if we drink the same amount

the blood get super worked up to process that alcohol, the veins are expanded therefore the skin starts to turn red

statistically i have 6 times higher probability to get cancer comparing to normal people if drink frequently

did a paper on this condition for my genetic project last year. learned a lot about this condition

nothing is worth risking your health and die young in my case. i still get high often tho
roll.gif

never got into drinking because of my condition. always look like i got 1st degree burn from drinking, it was awkward situation sometimes when it comes to alcohol.

And this condition is very common among the asian population. around 40% to be exact

stopped drinking last year. i'm asian and i have this condition which my skin basically get super red from drinking very slight amount of alcohol. Even if you are not even buzzed.

it's a genetic thing within the asian gene pool, kinda like sickle cell within the black population

always thought it's just low level of tolerance of alcohol, turns out it's way more serious

people with this condition lacks certain enzyme to process alcohol positively, the gene was not positively selected in history

therefore the toxin of alcohol last much longer in me comparing to other people if we drink the same amount

the blood get super worked up to process that alcohol, the veins are expanded therefore the skin starts to turn red

statistically i have 6 times higher probability to get cancer comparing to normal people if drink frequently

did a paper on this condition for my genetic project last year. learned a lot about this condition

nothing is worth risking your health and die young in my case. i still get high often tho
roll.gif

never got into drinking because of my condition. always look like i got 1st degree burn from drinking, it was awkward situation sometimes when it comes to alcohol.

And this condition is very common among the asian population. around 40% to be exact
i have a few friends that are like that, always looking like the sun in group pictures 
laugh.gif

i know that all alcohol is bad for you if you have the condition but from what i have seen the asian glow effect varies depending on the kind of alcohol or even the kind/brand of beer

nothing is worth risking your health and die young in my case. i still get high often tho:rofl:

bro i get that.

sometimes my skin just starts itching. :lol:

i dont like getting too drunk anymore. hate having to rely on people to take care of me, and not knowing where i am. don't like the hard day after. i still drink on occasion, but very lightly and only socially.

Back
Top Bottom