• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is the Wii U Mk8 compatible online cross play? I just couldn't play the dlc maps or characters.

VC and paid online service not coming until fall 2018 now SMH I'm sick. Looks like I'm copping a Wii to emulate GC games.

Of course I'd rather them put it out well polished vs rushed because people want it, plus playing for free longer is a bonus. But still the online plus lack of VC is a severely holding back the Switch. I just got Splatoon 2 and this having to download an app BS is just doing too much. I only bring these points up because of how much I love the Switch and want it to do its best lol.

VC and paid online service not coming until fall 2018 now SMH I'm sick. Looks like I'm copping a Wii to emulate GC games.

I'd rather they improve the actual online service first (which is the bigger issue right now).........instead of RUSHING the paid online service just so we can have Virtual Console (which the "subscription service" concept sounds absolutely ******* stupid.......the **** I got to "rent" a digital version of an old Nintendo game, the old VC system was fine I don't want to do a Netflix-style VC where I may not be able to play the game after 1 year).

Personally I hope with this delay that Nintendo "re-considers" using a Netflix-model for the Virtual Console and just goes ahead with using the same old VC that we've been using with the last 2 Wii consoles.......renting out a digital version of a classic game for 1 year like Netflix does with movies is absolutely dumb

I'd rather they improve the actual online service first (which is the bigger issue right now).........instead of RUSHING the paid online service just so we can have Virtual Console (which the "subscription service" concept sounds absolutely ****ing stupid.......the **** I got to "rent" a digital version of an old Nintendo game, the old VC system was fine I don't want to do a Netflix-style VC where I may not be able to play the game after 1 year).

Personally I hope with this delay that Nintendo "re-considers" using a Netflix-model for the Virtual Console and just goes ahead with using the same old VC that we've been using with the last 2 Wii consoles.......renting out a digital version of a classic game for 1 year like Netflix does with movies is absolutely dumb
Nintendo is hypnotizing people right now. They got them adoring the Switch so much that people are more complaining about the fact that VC is coming later than the fact that they have to pay for it. Been free forever so it should stay that way. Like I said earlier, they're being greedy

Nintendo is hypnotizing people right now. They got them adoring the Switch so much that people are more complaining about the fact that VC is coming later than the fact that they have to pay for it. Been free forever so it should stay that way. Like I said earlier, they're being greedy

Well.....I don't blame Nintendo for trying to do a paid online service. I mean look at what happened to PSN when they stayed free online.........unattended online server security b/c of lack of funds which resulted in large scale hackings of PSN. Granted, PSN still gets hacked despite the required PS Plus memberships.........but it wasn't as bad as the previous PSN hacks when it was originally free.

That being said, Nintendo has to improve that online service FIRST before they make that **** PAID........which I'm hoping that is what the rumored delayed is all about.

When I originally read they were talking about only letting certain games out per month that was ridiculous I'm just glad they didn't try to roll with that. Nintendo is probably listening to all the stuff people are saying and tweaking what they had. I'm expecting to still be disappointed but we'll see.

Well.....I don't blame Nintendo for trying to do a paid online service. I mean look at what happened to PSN when they stayed free online.........unattended online server security b/c of lack of funds which resulted in large scale hackings of PSN. Granted, PSN still gets hacked despite the required PS Plus memberships.........but it wasn't as bad as the previous PSN hacks when it was originally free.

That being said, Nintendo has to improve that online service FIRST before they make that **** PAID........which I'm hoping that is what the rumored delayed is all about.
Does this mean for example that if you wanted to play Splatoon 2 online that'd you'd have to pay for it?

Does this mean for example that if you wanted to play Splatoon 2 online that'd you'd have to pay for it?

If Nintendo follows the same model as PSN and XB Live, most likely.

This could tick off most Nintendo users that are use the free co-op for games like Splat, but it will eventually reach that point.......especially if Nintendo intends on actually making a decent online service that is on-par with PSN and/or XB Live (which both have decent online security.......XB Live being the one with the most reliable internet security at the moment).

This is the primary downside of most co-op multiplayer games that require online access.......nothing is totally free anymore. Even Steam for PC requires paid online service to fund online security for most online co-op games

If Nintendo follows the same model as PSN and XB Live, most likely.

This could tick off most Nintendo users that are use the free co-op for games like Splat, but it will eventually reach that point.......especially if Nintendo intends on actually making a decent online service that is on-par with PSN and/or XB Live (which both have decent online security.......XB Live being the one with the most reliable internet security at the moment).

This is the primary downside of most co-op multiplayer games that require online access.......nothing is totally free anymore. Even Steam for PC requires paid online service to fund online security for most online co-op games
Aw man, that sucks. Feeling better about keeping my U right now lol

Aw man, that sucks. Feeling better about keeping my U right now lol

I doubt that'll change anything.

The moment Nintendo does their paid online service, I expect it to be across ALL PLATFORMS. Your Wii-U will probably at-risk to the service as well, which is most likely part of the reason for the delay to Fall 2018. Its no coincidence that Miiverse was shut-down a couple of months ago.......if Nintendo was gonna keep the paid online service exclusive to the Switch, Miiverse would still be around for Wii-U users right now.

Nintendo is probably thinking big this time for their paid online service, especially with the success of the Switch this past year. With exception of possible the 3DS, I expect the new paid online service from Nintendo to affect both the Switch and Wii-U.

Don't think Nintendo is gonna let free money slide b/c of "sleeping" Wii-U users, they'll either persuade you to get the Switch so you can take full advantage of the new online service OR make sure your current Wii-U online services also get the same paid treatment.........Nintendo wants your money either way :evil:

I doubt that'll change anything.

The moment Nintendo does their paid online service, I expect it to be across ALL PLATFORMS. Your Wii-U will probably at-risk to the service as well, which is most likely part of the reason for the delay to Fall 2018.

Nintendo is probably thinking big this time for their paid online service, especially with the success of the Switch this past year. With exception of possible the 3DS, I expect the new paid online service from Nintendo to affect both the Switch and Wii-U.

Don't think Nintendo is gonna let free money slide b/c of "sleeping" Wii-U users.........Nintendo wants your money :evil:
Man and I just got Mario Maker too lol. Oh well it's in a year. We'll see what happens

Back
Top Bottom