NikeTalk New Era Snapbacks will be available at Instyleshoes.com on 4/22 at noon EDT, 9 AM PDT. *RE

Charity or not $75 is a lot of a SnapBack

Since it's going to charity why don't you buy the remaining hats [emoji]129300[/emoji]

SMFH

Hurt? I hope not

I've got my hat already eventhough I don't need another since I have a spare fitted from the last drop...got 2 shirts this time too.

I think I've done my part that equates to my eagerness when this was announced.

All I'm asking where are those who were as eager or more eager than most when this was announced?

All talk and when it's finally here they are no where to be found.

I guess this is also the reason why we get limited production like these because more often or not, noise does not equate to reality.

Hurt? Lulz

If it was a fitted the price would be paid. I paid $50 last time and it took a month to arrive

My issue was you're talking **** to people because the hat didn't sell out? Let people buy what they want

Hey @Meth. With those auctions all t-shirt sizes will be available correct? Thanks for all that you do. I'm glad to support the site.
That's correct.  EVERY t-shirt size is up for grabs for the last chance auctions.  I believe we set enough aside that all three winners could each choose the same size if they wanted to. 

As it stands, only 4 size Small t-shirts are left on Instyleshoes.com.  

Last I heard, we had 8 hats remaining.  

I completely understand that everyone would prefer us to sell more hats at a lower price.  That would've been our strategy had these not been produced for a contest between the time Cap City decided they could no longer sell these due to all the headaches and the time that ISS stepped up.  

Even so, I think it's worth mentioning that we only raised $2,358 from our first run in 2011, which consisted of 144 hats, and a net of $3,011.58 from the 288 hats produced for sale in 2015, after accounting for chargeback fraud, shipping, and production costs.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, these last 8 hats don't sell.  If we only sold 42 hats x $75, that's still $3,150.  At present, though, we've actually sold 35 x $75, or $2,625, plus seven eBay auctions, which raised a total of $1,692 on their own.  That's $4,317.

Even if you deduct the $1,154 they cost me to produce (and we're not - I'm simply eating the cost of production) plus the shipping costs, that's still more than was generated when we made 288 and sold them for $40.  We could give these last 8 hats away and it would still be our most successful hat fundraiser ever - and that's not even counting all the t-shirt sales.  

It's always difficult to balance making people happy with doing the best we can with the opportunity available to help those in need.  As a fundraiser, this has been our most successful merchandise sale to date.  If we'd sold all 50 hats in seconds and charged $40 or $50 per hat, (which people still would've complained about) it would've been a less successful fundraiser.  

We selected five very important and timely causes to benefit from this sale, and I'm proud to be associated with those who've helped us raise money for them. 
Charity or not $75 is a lot of a SnapBack
You know, some of us give to charity even if we don't get gifts for it. 

Like I said before, got a free hat and shirt with my $100 donation to charity.

Semantics, but it justified my high ticket purchase and makes the pill easier to swallow.

Semantics, but it justified my high ticket purchase and makes the pill easier to swallow.

I appreciate the perspective and you're not wrong. I purchased the leftover tshirts in the same way that I'm covering production cost on the hats. The ISS team could easily have charged handling for the labor cost of packing all these orders. Instead, they very graciously volunteered their time. As a result, your purchase, less only the cost of shipping, will go to charity.

A great many street wear and sneaker items sell for a steep premium. Where do those profits go? We wanted to use our merchandise to accomplish something positive and, thanks to people like you, together we have succeeded.

Really, the pricing discussion is essentially moot at this point anyway, as the hats appear to have sold out.

Good luck to those bidding on the last chance auctions! We'll be sure to post a reminder when each auction is almost over, and share the link to the third and final auction when it goes live.

Bro I can't believe people are legit complaining about the price when there's a clear philanthropic basis to the price. Would I cop some random new era if it weren't NT and for charity? NO.

Jesus I swear just bring in the regulars from the tipping thread to poo poo all over the kind souls of charity

Last edited:
Just got my shirts in, they are nice! Thick cotton, and good fit for me.. happy for the opportunity to purchase. :D

Thanks Meth / ISS for the smooth transaction and great cause!

Bro I can't believe people are legit complaining about the price when there's a clear philanthropic basis to the price. Would I cop some random new era if it weren't NT and for charity? NO.

Jesus I swear just bring in the regulars from the tipping thread to poo poo all over the kind souls of charity

Correct but you wanted the hat

The way the kid worded his posts he was judging and talking down for people not buying a hat because the money was going to charity :lol:

I didn't complain about the price. I don't rock SnapBack, was commenting on the guy talking **** basically calling people cheap because the hat hasn't sold out :lol:

They sold out in seconds when the fitteds dropped at $50 each

Chill

Missed the hat, again. (Working graveyard is hard on those 9am releases. :smh:)

Might have to try my luck on those 3 auctions.

Correct but you wanted the hat

The way the kid worded his posts he was judging and talking down for people not buying a hat because the money was going to charity :lol:

I didn't complain about the price. I don't rock SnapBack, was commenting on the guy talking **** basically calling people cheap because the hat hasn't sold out :lol:

They sold out in seconds when the fitteds dropped at $50 each

Chill

LOL..not sure about your reading comprehension...but maybe I can word it in detail...

When people posts here wanting the cap...even knowing it will be priced higher than normal...and when the opportunity is here to get them and they are not here to actually buy them...then yeah...they're all talk

Did I give them ****? Yes...coz don't show interest if you won't push through with it.

Imagine if the caps were produced based on the interest shown in this thread...Method might have $$$$ out of pocket and sitting on surplus.

Kid? Yeah...check my join date against yours....

Zyzz always does this in every thread. It's always someone else's fault, never his.
So I guess that common denominator stuff doesn't click with him and everyone else is wrong.

Zyzz always does this in every thread. It's always someone else's fault, never his.
So I guess that common denominator stuff doesn't click with him and everyone else is wrong.

whats my fault? lol

I'm just saying people are coming up with excuses and calling people cheap? people can buy what they want, you think because you bought a hat and it going to charity it makes you better than anyone else? worry about your own money, if people want to spend $75 or whatever on a hat, let em.

if someone doesn't want to charity or not... whats the big deal? seriously?

I'm only responding because how his post came off because the hat was still in stock not even an hour after release, who cares. money was raised, you made your contribution, don't worry about anything else and who is or isn't spending money THEIR money. 99% of the people on here aren't freely donating on a daily basis or ever so..

Can we have a charity auction for 15 minutes of your time Meth? Meet in person, talk about stuff, play a game of 21, and let the auction winner run NT for the day.

Last edited:
I got my shirt in today and it was too small
ohwell.gif

Great quality though 
laugh.gif

Smh just seen someone trying to sell their SnapBack on IG

Back
Top Bottom