Niketalk, I Can Not In Good Conscience Recommend One Purchase Any Model KIA Motor Vehicle vol not on

They can't void the warranty because you didn't use them to change your oil. (magnussen moss act)

They can void it if you didn't change oil every 5000 miles. 

Like 86% of cars will do 200k miles no problem with just daily driving to keep it lubricated and regular oil changes. Car owners who don't do their oil changes make me sick and are the number 1 reason cars on craigslist are a crapshoot for needing engine overhaul.

My son here did 1 oil change in 40k miles.

DatZNasty you should sell the movie rights to your life. Kia problems solved when the opening scene of da movie shows a Black man mowing the lawn in Timbalands.:smokin

Dog, do you even car? It doesn't seem like you've done a single bit of research before or after buying this car.

Only way your engine would seize up is, if you never changed the oil since you got it or basically 20k miles maybe more or less

Or last time you got the oil changed someone screwed up and put the wrong oil or maybe didn't fil it all the way or the filter etc

Cars don't seize up randomly especially at 40k if you have been getting the oil changed regularly.

Every 3k miles is OD. Idk about hybrids but 5-6k is completely fine without an issue, could even stretch another 1k easily and be fine.

So if you've gotten 5 oil changes then you've basically been doing it every 7k miles? Maybe you missed one? Maybe going on longer without the oil changed

I'm not blaming jiffy but maybe you've been ignoring the oil changes or something

^ On newer cars isn't the interval between oil changes dumb long? I know w/ my '15 Passat scheduled oil changes are every 10k miles or when my car tells me. Either way, if you've done 1 w/ 40k on the clock, RIP engine. :lol:

Technically the manual will say about 3-5k

But yes oil and engines have changed and technically you could go longer especially depending on the oil used. And yes I've heard people going 10k between oil changes with no issues.

I've gone a long time without an issue, roughly 7k then got worried and changed it. Guy commented that it was starting to get bad but insisted I was fine after changing it and if I had drove a few more thousand miles then I would have ran into issues.

But if you go to jiffy lube or any of these places, they keep you VIN and account on file so I'm calling BS on them only finding one receipt when if you even went to the same one or a diff one everytime, they would have all you Info saved and each time you purchased an oil change, vehicle, and the oil used

DIY oil changes all the way b

Way too easy and cheap to skip.

Keep a note on your phone,

Mileage, month/year, and what you did to your car.

I'm sure you could get an engine from a breaker and have it fitted by an independent garage for way less than $9k. Tougher as it's the hybrid but there must be some damaged cars out there.

Then change your oil. 3-5k seems excessive (only people I know changing their oil that frequently are in the US where their seems to be a market for that) but definitely every year or 8k. That makes more sense to me than sinking your money into something else.

My car uses synthetic oil and i get it changed annually (~8-10k). Thats what the dealer recomended.

Resolved.As of Monday the Kia is officially someone else's problem. Also the oil change interval is 7,500mi

Last edited:
My car takes 8 quarts of synthetic

Dodge sells packages where they do like 4 oil changes for 160

Hell its cheaper for me to take it to them and do that than do it myself

Wow..oil changes are something I never skip..the engine is the lifeline of the car..also cars are so high tech right now..I wouldn't get the oil changes at anywhere but their dealership

Back
Top Bottom