Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Shanghais seem to have a greenish hue to them going by these Atmos pics.

atmos_tokyo_1510056434.jpg
atmos_tokyo_1510056444.jpg

I had all kinds of knee issues when I first started as well, bad enough to wear I had to get some physical therapy. Some were probably self inflicted from wearing horrible Nike Shox lol. I would really recommend going to a specialized running shoe store and getting an assessment to see exactly the type of shoe you need. I also really really recommend foam rolling ALL your muscles in your legs. For the longest time I had to wear a motion control type shoe cause my running form was out of control. When I switched over to a "motion control" shoe, the knee pains started going away. Since then I've been able to make adjustments on my running form to try to run more proper and the vapor flys have been working out great for me.

Oh that's super interesting! I feel like I do have to foam roll for sure... The last time I did it, it was about 3 months ago, and my runs the month after felt "fresher" (for lack of a better word). Thanks for the tip!

Sample ZFs via eBay EFD6E42D-F7A6-4645-B23A-2795FADCC8C9.jpeg
I prefer these over the finalized cw.

I was able to scoop up the Black/White ZFs for ~$46 (with f&f/pretax). Even though, I feel like I run slow AF in black shoes, I couldn’t pass them up for the price.

I think they're labeled as samples. Now that Eastbay has them in multiple sizes, I stand corrected lol

-edit- Wait they have the same color code (614) as the BCs with the Grey topline.

Last edited:
just find it odd that its not on NDC

edit: just caught your comment, Ray. wonder if its an image error on EB's end

Last edited:
With my wide feet, I had to go up a full size on all of my SPs. Glad I did, as I love them for casual wear. Still need to try them for running.

Received my NYC's today and I'm returning them. The swoosh was jacked up.

1/2 size up is definitely the way to go. They are light and comfy and with every step, the shoes give you an extra push lol so i can why runners wear these shoes. I may go for the white/blacks if i can get a good deal on them.

Reactions: PJS
how were they jacked up? do you have pictures?
trying to track down a pair for a reasonable price.

Anyone wearing Zoom Fly SP without insole? The shoes run really small, even my replacement thin insole doesn't work that well for a long wear.

Anyone wearing Zoom Fly SP without insole? The shoes run really small, even my replacement thin insole doesn't work that well for a long wear.

I don't run in mine, I run in Vapormaxes, so I took the insole out to wear casually. Its fine to me

Yup, had to take out the insoles when wearing them casually. I wear really thin Nike socks with the insoles in while running.

Yup, had to take out the insoles when wearing them casually. I wear really thin Nike socks with the insoles in while running.
Which socks do you use? I use the dri-fit's and they're pushing the edge of being too thick. At the same time when I went to the Nike Running store and the more "premium" socks were $22-28 a pair.

Had my first run in the BW ZFs. I really don’t like how they look on feet. I hope I can still return them per Nike’s policy...

Ordered the Ice Blue cw instead.

Reactions: PJS
Any deals on Zoom fly?

Saw a return last week in outlet, with F&F 30% off, plus tax, it came out $113.

I personally feel Zoom fly should be $70 ish.

Back
Top Bottom