Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by mildsauce

jzza4 wrote:

29zps85.jpg

More comfortable than Foamposites.

I'm gonna have to dissagree on that, there is a major lack of cushioning in these, especially for a shoe with Zoom in the name that is based of a combination of other shoes that featured zoom tech heavily.  I was really amped to get these as I assumed they would be pretty good for balling in on top of the design which I like quite a bit.  After one run of ballin in them, I definately have a bevy of options that are way better than these are on the court, the retro lwp's i picked up for $70 are much better on court.  This shoe felt very stiff and as I've stated, lacks any noticable cushioning.  Even the supposed heel zoom is hard to tell if it's actually there or not. 

Yeah I disagree also. I wore them all day at a football game, and wasn't impressed with the comfort. The fore foot which has been previously been mentioned, and I can see the cut of the ankle rubbing also.
Just depends on your feet i guess because mines i played with my buddy this past weekend on them and they were great and very comfy. Also prevented my ankles from spraining bad when i rolled on someone's foot. So the gitd for us worked well and was worth it for
us. So just depends, if it doesn't work for you i say send it back to get your money back. No need to keep something that's gonna be
uncomfortable for you and spend extra on cushioning for your feet.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Charm.. Im with you bruh... Im glad they were out when I was going to order some for my sons. I would have been SALTY....

I call that runnin the flim flam..

**EDIT**

just to give some perspective (for the slow ppl who don't understand why i'm salty
wink.gif
), i ordered some stuff online at polo.com and rugby.com on 11/6 and 11/7 respectively. that stuff is scheduled to be delivered 11/11 and 11/12. so yeah, never again from district.
30t6p3b.gif

**EDIT2**

@ jo 19, they should have been asking ALL customers which shipping method they prefer. i shouldn't have had to ask. if i'm paying 2 bills for a shoe, don't u/they think i'da kicked out another couple dollars to get the shoes in a timely fashion?? exactly. COMMON SENSE. do they think ppl are copping early from them to get the shoes after RD ON a GR shoe?? i don't think so. it's common sense... and bad customer service. period.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by j o 19

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Thanks for the update

I'm impatient and barely like waiting 4 or 5 days, couldn't do two weeks. I've gotten kicks from overseas quicker than that.
I ASKED ABOUT THEIR SHIPPING METHOD WHEN I FIRST PLACED MY ORDER.. AS A RESULT THEY CALLED ME UP BEFORE SHIPPING AND ASKED WHICH METHOD I WANTED..I TOLD EM PRIORITY. THEY WERE DELIVERED AT MY MOM'S PLACE YESTERDAY..ILL BE SCOOPING THEM UP TODAY.. SOOOO JUST TO BALANCE IT OUT A BIT, I HAD A BETTER EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. AS A FREQUENT BUYER, I KNOW THE ONLY SHIPPERS THAT USE PRIORITY EXCLUSIVELY ARE NT'ERS IN THE B/S FORUM

A lot of online sites use better shipping than the place Charm ordered from. snailmailing an item in the same state is str8 terrible, tragic, and not caring 1 bit about the customer.

District is not in MD, it's in CA.

I didn't think District was local. I know all the local spots & never heard of a District.

Maybe that's the reason for the lengthy shipping time.

They still should of advised Charm on the shipping method. Just plain ******ed to let somebody pay for an item early if you know they not gonna get the item until after the release date.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Charm.. Im with you bruh... Im glad they were out when I was going to order some for my sons. I would have been SALTY....

I call that runnin the flim flam..

**EDIT**

just to give some perspective (for the slow ppl who don't understand why i'm salty
wink.gif
), i ordered some stuff online at polo.com and rugby.com on 11/6 and 11/7 respectively. that stuff is scheduled to be delivered 11/11 and 11/12. so yeah, never again from district.
30t6p3b.gif

**EDIT2**

@ jo 19, they should have been asking ALL customers which shipping method they prefer. i shouldn't have had to ask. if i'm paying 2 bills for a shoe, don't u/they think i'da kicked out another couple dollars to get the shoes in a timely fashion?? exactly. COMMON SENSE. do they think ppl are copping early from them to get the shoes after RD ON a GR shoe?? i don't think so. it's common sense... and bad customer service. period.
JUST TO BE CLEAR TO EVERYONE..IM NOT DEFENDING THIS PLACE LOL.. JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS LOGICALLY. BUT YOU MAKE A VALID POINT ABOUT NOTIFYING YOU..HOWEVER, THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU SPENT ON THE SHOES ISNT NECESSARILY GOING TO JUSTIFY ANYTHING THESE DAYS (NOT SAYING THAT, THATS OK... BUT ITS THE TREND)... FOR 2 BILLS NIKE SHOULD HAVE PUT ZOOM IN THE FOREFOOT BUT THEY DDNT..

FOR 225 THE TOTAL DUNCANS SHOULD HAVE COME IN A FOAMPOSITE CASE

FOR 175 THE JORDAN RETRO XI'S PATENT CUT SHOULDNT BE SO LOW...BUT IT IS

JUST MY .02 CENTS... BUT ALL IN ALL I CAN DEF UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION... ORDERING SHOES EARLY TO GET THEM AFTER THE RELEASE DATE IS THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD OF 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

MOVING FORWARD:

I LUCKILY CHOSE PRIORITY AND GOT EM TODAY AND IM INSANELY PLEASED WITH HOW THESE CAME OUT...THEY ARENT SUPER BULKY AND THE FEATURES REALLY POP NICELY..  HAVING THE SHOE IN PERSON MAKES ME WANT TO GET MORE COLORS THAN 2 (WHICH IS WHAT I HAD PLANNED) ... REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST OF THE COLORS NIKE PRODUCES, I WANT ANOTHER PAIR NOW.. .. PRAYING FOR THAT EGGPLANT COLORWAY. DEF WORTH THE PENNY (PUN INTENDED) 

Originally Posted by tuxedo1208

Must be nice to know ppl in high places...that sketch is dope as hell too
smokin.gif

Yeah... but good thing about dudes on Campus like Petrie and Dolce are they dont regard themselves as those kind of folks.  Down to earth easy going dudes indeed. I do miss being in the Beav though...

JP is the coolest guy ever.

Anybody know if Binarys will show up on Swoosh?

Always wanted to use that gif charm.
laugh.gif
Thanks for being the guinea pig for the smartmail service. Didn't know about smartmail until today seeing drjays uses that service too. It's like $2 difference between priority I believe. Gonna avoid smartmail at all cost.
laugh.gif

I just went through 20 pages and didn't see anything about sizing...So is it safe to assume these run true to size?

Originally Posted by DiZzLe32

I just went through 20 pages and didn't see anything about sizing...So is it safe to assume these run true to size?

True to size for me

I haven't even tried my joints on yet to see how they fit. Im conflicted... I want to wear them... but am waiting on the Red joints to arrive before I wear anything.

I may just get the Binarys on Swoosh and rock the hell out of those and hold on to the Reds and Atlantics until the Spring...

Altho its nice out today

Im conflicted...

I may just get the Binarys on Swoosh and rock the hell out of those and hold on to the Reds and Atlantics until the Spring...
chicken.
laugh.gif

just kidding, rock.
happy.gif

do you think these will sell out fast? im thinking about getting two pairs on swoosh but not sure......

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

$120/swoosh.

retail price should have been closer to this with no zoom in the forefoot or full length zoom...
How hard could it have been for nike to just through some flightposite zoom insoles in these? 
I find it hard to believe that Penny didn't want it, when almost every single sig and non sig shoe has had  tensile/zoom in the forefoot or full length zoom....

Originally Posted by XIVpositive

Anybody know if Eastbay will get these?
We currently have them up on our website with a countdown timer for the launch tonight.  Here is a link to them:  http://bit.ly/scgWsU

We are limiting these shoes to two per customer.  If you try to order more, you do run the risk of having your order(s) canceled for them.  These shoes are in stock, so orders would start shipping out on Monday, at the earliest.

EastbayRep - Ray

dude at Sheik let me check these out and they are beautiful. Was on the fence but now I'm over the fence. For sure cop.

Back
Top Bottom