Nike Zoom MVP Review [Updated]

Grabbed these off shoetrends today in the black/stealth/white with volt laces...Looking forward to these.

ZMVP02.jpg

hmm, they look ok, but i would have preferred either volt or blue, not both.

thanks.... ahhh good to see actual pictures though
i was close to picking these up too lol
guess i'm goig ot grab the white/black/orange with the f&f
unless i find a size 10 at a ross soon

Originally Posted by MarsOnLars

Let me start stating that I LOVE this shoe.
But take this for what it's worth. I am 37, 6'2" 225 at very low bodyfat.

I ruptured my plantar fascia (arch at the heel) Friday starting a fast break. I've used the mvps for about 40 hours of ball and I could tell the support at the midsole was dwindling. In fact I have two pair of these; the one pair I've used have creased heavily at the midsole and are much lower to the ground than my new pair.
Maybe I was due for this injury, I don't know. But I would say beware of overuse in these and heavier ballers should consider more support.
All that said I hope I find them at Ross for $30
smile.gif
they are actually 39.99 at Ross

Saw an almost full size run of them (no 10.5s or 11s) at the Tacoma, WA Ross for $32.99, and just kept on walking.

Just looking at them brings pain to my ankle.

Too bad, I went to my local one and saw a 7.5 and 4-6 pairs of 11, 11.5 and 12. Either the middle sizes got cleaned out or they didn't receive them.

If I saw my size 10 I probably would have scooped, but then again they were at $40, even that $7 difference is enough to make me think twice right now.

That blue/volt colorway is my favorite GR, the grey kind of throws it off, but it's still nice.

Originally Posted by clkru

Saw an almost full size run of them (no 10.5s or 11s) at the Tacoma, WA Ross for $32.99, and just kept on walking.

Just looking at them brings pain to my ankle.
i tried one on and you'd swear it was a mid cut or high cut with the snug ankle fit, and i've balled in some lebron lows, jordan xi ie etcand have never had any ankle injuries, my ankle injuries have always been when i'm wearing mids

i'm feeling the exact same way
well maybe not about the cut lol.
i hope they have these at the spots back round my 'rents.
the spots here in eugene don't got nothing =[[

Originally Posted by TheFundamental

hows the fit in terms of width? maybe compared to the hyperdunks?

narrower, in my opinion. i've got wide feet and the mvps needed to be broken in. from the beginning, the hyperdunks gave me no discomfort as far as widthgoes.

^True, but stick to your true size coz once you break em' in they will feel fantastic. It gives excellent lockdown.

It seems like he could go atleastanother half season
i dont remember the last time i beat shoes down like that
besides my huarache 64s, playd in those til the toes detached from the sole.

the traction on my mvps are poor! i slide sometimes and i dont get that squeaking sound.
i play in a clean indoor court.
anyone else with this problem?

the traction gradually progresses
it's actually pretty good, but yes, no squeek sound

ive always balled in nash kicks (zoom drive, stutter steps) and now mvps.

always been a lows kinda guy and i get my share of rolling ankles but nothing really bad.

i had a major injury wearing the mvps after landing on someones shoe on the way down. torn ligament.

dont really blame the shoe tho it seems like its giving ppl whos never sprained their ankles their 1st spraining?

overall the performance of the shoe is good. i would get another pair - the hoh phx colours if i can find them

after a couple more wears, the traction did improve but still no squeaking sound.

it still slides a bit when i try to stop or turn quickly.

for traction i would grade these a poor 2.5/5 and for comparison the kobe 4s for me got a 4/5.

lol well of course they'll be lower than the kobes traction wise
the outsole is a lot harder than that of the kobes
the softer it is, the more traction you'll get, and more than likely that squeak
but for me it does the job

Back
Top Bottom