Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Not a huge surprise IMO. Not every NBA player is into kicks enough to be able to spot fakes especially with how good they are today

2EF7852D-0C3C-402D-BAC5-57304CD17028.jpeg

GKB just came out and people swear those things are pretty close to retail. Both Bruce Lees and the Alts. Wondering if maybe the pair he saw were the bottom tier DHGate specials.
Young James can clarify but I know when I see a teenage kid hooping in expensive *** protros, yeah ima assume they’re fake. Especially if they can’t hoop lol. If they’re super nice, I’ll think, maybe they’re plugged up. I know when I see pro’s or college players at the gym in protros I’ll usually give them the benefit of the doubt they’re real shoes in my head lol.

Young James can clarify but I know when I see a teenage kid hooping in expensive *** protros, yeah ima assume they’re fake. Especially if they can’t hoop lol. If they’re super nice, I’ll think, maybe they’re plugged up. I know when I see pro’s or college players at the gym in protros I’ll usually give them the benefit of the doubt they’re real shoes in my head lol.
It's true. No matter what, if they're expensive people will think they're fake if you ball in them. I played in expensive retro jordans in the past and was always asked if they were real.

Yup, I saw someone playing in Mambacita 6's couple weeks back and was impressed someone could be playing outdoors with such expensive shoes. But now that I've delved a little more into that subreddit, I know 100% they were reps. S2 batch I think since he even kept that white rep tag on em.

Honestly, unless you got a retail side by side or know what to look for, it's pretty hard to tell just from seeing em far away or on the court. I still will fork up resell on a kobe if I really want em, but for me, I will usually try to buy early before the rep batches get too good. I've officially removed my bids on chaos alts since that GKB is in the works and I'm worried a fake will pass through by accident on goat/ebay.

Yup, I saw someone playing in Mambacita 6's couple weeks back and was impressed someone could be playing outdoors with such expensive shoes. But now that I've delved a little more into that subreddit, I know 100% they were reps. S2 batch I think since he even kept that white rep tag on em.

Honestly, unless you got a retail side by side or know what to look for, it's pretty hard to tell just from seeing em far away or on the court. I still will fork up resell on a kobe if I really want em, but for me, I will usually try to buy early before the rep batches get too good. I've officially removed my bids on chaos alts since that GKB is in the works and I'm worried a fake will pass through by accident on goat/ebay.
My rule for paying resell on shoes is usually not to go over double the retail. A couple of times I went a little past that but after that it's not worth it for me. But for kobes I refuse to pay such high price tags on resale because of nike scumming us out on this line and taking advantage of kobe's passing.

1682967258739.png

To this day I pretend I didn't do this.

Oh 100%. I seen middle schoolers hooping in grinches, and I’m just like “I know sure as hell your parents didn’t pay $1k just for you to grow out of em in a few months”

Bro.... It's such a good colorway whyyyy.

I have the Chaos and I wasn't going to wear them, figured prices would come down a bit. Thought I would cash out high and rebuy when they were a little cheaper plus I wanted a size 10.

Didn't happen....

Kobe's weren't reselling like that back then.

Oh 100%. I seen middle schoolers hooping in grinches, and I’m just like “I know sure as hell your parents didn’t pay $1k just for you to grow out of em in a few months”
Nah there's def parents like that. My cousin used to give her son $5k in cash to spend in NYC whenever he came down to visit me. I would take him to flightclub every summer when he was in middle school just to watch him drop 3 bands on sneakers and then a couple hundred on me for taking him LOL.

Back
Top Bottom