Nike Zoom Kobe IV ID Thread

Originally Posted by Flowsomuch

ZombieJesus12 wrote:

Am I missing something? There's like no leather at all in these. The quality better be good, damn, it's 140 bucks for plastic/flywire/lunacrap with a heel pocket of zoom.
Uhm, the leather is on the upper and on the toe-box. He also chose to go with the patent snakeskin instead of the synthetic leather on the outer. You should get your eyes checked.

Ummm, my point is that the shoe is maybe, at the most generous, like 20% leather. And it's a low top. Which means the total area of the shoe is prettysmall. Thus the leather parts are pretty insignificant. So while maybe I was exaggeration a bit when made the initial post, I'm still right. There'snot much quality or material in this shoe at all. And I'm pretty sure the patent snakeskin is just fake synthetic crap.

But - even if the patent were real, IT'S SNAKESKIN! Which means it's not leather - which comes from cows - but from snakes. So that means patentsnakeskin, by definition, is NOT LEATHER. Is this all too complicated for you? Now, obviously Nike is the cheapest shoe company in the world and they barelyput real leather on signature shoes anymore, so it stands to reason that they're not using real snakeskin because of costs. It also makes more sense forthe company to use a synthetic material for the "snakeskin patent" part, seeing as how getting all those colors on real patent or real snakeskinwould be very hard and very expensive. I actually just checked on the Nike site, and they use the phrase "reptile patent," which again means reptileskin, and it's also further proof that it's fake; they'd specific an animal if it were legit.

So, what have we learned? We learned flowsomuch, in addition to having a name that reminds me of menstruation, thinks snakes and cows are the same animal. Wealso learned that even though there is an option for leather on the Kobe IVs, there is very little leather on the shoe as a whole.

Bottom line is that the difference in quality between the AZK1s and these is staggering. Nike has been famous for cutting costs wherever they can, but for apremiere athlete in their biggest shoe release this year, you'd think they could manage to limit the plastic and put a shoe's worth of cushioning inthere. That isn't to say I dislike this shoe completely, I think it looks good and I like lows. But it's still sad how poor the product they'reputting out is.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

ZombieJesus12 wrote:

Am I missing something? There's like no leather at all in these. The quality better be good, damn, it's 140 bucks for plastic/flywire/lunacrap with a heel pocket of zoom.
Uhm, the leather is on the upper and on the toe-box. He also chose to go with the patent snakeskin instead of the synthetic leather on the outer. You should get your eyes checked.

Ummm, my point is that the shoe is maybe, at the most generous, like 20% leather. And it's a low top. Which means the total area of the shoe is pretty small. Thus the leather parts are pretty insignificant. So while maybe I was exaggeration a bit when made the initial post, I'm still right. There's not much quality or material in this shoe at all. And I'm pretty sure the patent snakeskin is just fake synthetic crap.

But - even if the patent were real, IT'S SNAKESKIN! Which means it's not leather - which comes from cows - but from snakes. So that means patent snakeskin, by definition, is NOT LEATHER. Is this all too complicated for you? Now, obviously Nike is the cheapest shoe company in the world and they barely put real leather on signature shoes anymore, so it stands to reason that they're not using real snakeskin because of costs. It also makes more sense for the company to use a synthetic material for the "snakeskin patent" part, seeing as how getting all those colors on real patent or real snakeskin would be very hard and very expensive. I actually just checked on the Nike site, and they use the phrase "reptile patent," which again means reptile skin, and it's also further proof that it's fake; they'd specific an animal if it were legit.

So, what have we learned? We learned flowsomuch, in addition to having a name that reminds me of menstruation, thinks snakes and cows are the same animal. We also learned that even though there is an option for leather on the Kobe IVs, there is very little leather on the shoe as a whole.

Bottom line is that the difference in quality between the AZK1s and these is staggering. Nike has been famous for cutting costs wherever they can, but for a premiere athlete in their biggest shoe release this year, you'd think they could manage to limit the plastic and put a shoe's worth of cushioning in there. That isn't to say I dislike this shoe completely, I think it looks good and I like lows. But it's still sad how poor the product they're putting out is.

Dude is the best player in the NBA. If they're good enough for him to go drop 61 in and then come out and beat Boston and Cleveland,they're good enough for me. Remeber This is a Nike flagship NOT JB...

^ Both companies are cheap and use cheap materials. JB just charges an extra 20 bucks per item because of a Jumpman logo.

I never said the shoe was inadequate - remember the old ballers used canvas shoes with solid rubber soles, and Kobe could put up 60 in Chucks - but that thequality should be much higher for the price point.

i don't know why the reps keep telling everyone between 12pm and 1pm PST... buy your shoes after 4:30pm, PST... closer to 5pm actually... youshouldn't have any problems all the way until 6:30pm-+!!... now that i've said that though, i expect there will be a flood of people ID'ingtonite...
tongue.gif
good luck fellas...

Originally Posted by shoei7

i don't know why the reps keep telling everyone between 12pm and 1pm PST... buy your shoes after 4:30pm, PST... closer to 5pm actually... you shouldn't have any problems all the way until 6:30pm-+!!... now that i've said that though, i expect there will be a flood of people ID'ing tonite...
tongue.gif
good luck fellas...
thats not always the case. initially that was the timeframe to purchase when they first dropped. now, it's at random times. i purchased at11am on my last 2 pairs

Originally Posted by iMaGe619

Originally Posted by shoei7

i don't know why the reps keep telling everyone between 12pm and 1pm PST... buy your shoes after 4:30pm, PST... closer to 5pm actually... you shouldn't have any problems all the way until 6:30pm-+!!... now that i've said that though, i expect there will be a flood of people ID'ing tonite...
tongue.gif
good luck fellas...
thats not always the case. initially that was the timeframe to purchase when they first dropped. now, it's at random times. i purchased at 11am on my last 2 pairs

suit yourself, i'm telling you, log on tonite for those who haven't gotten through... they will be available at that time... that's all i'msayin'...
wink.gif

cute baby btw...

he is right, I just got thru, but changed mind at last minute because $163.- was just a lil steep for me ... =(
I'll hate myself tomorrow.

In the last couple of pics, I've noticed that the Kobe signature is not on the heel counter? Is that the case for all the most recent owners?? You can seethat in the older pics the majority does have it, and some don't. However, as of late, I have not seen many... Those of you who have gotten yours in therecent days, can you please confirm??? AND im with fudoakira... can we see the most recent adquisitions????

ZombieJesus12 wrote:

Ummm, my point is that the shoe is maybe, at the most generous, like 20% leather. And it's a low top. Which means the total area of the shoe is pretty small. Thus the leather parts are pretty insignificant. So while maybe I was exaggeration a bit when made the initial post, I'm still right. There's not much quality or material in this shoe at all. And I'm pretty sure the patent snakeskin is just fake synthetic crap.

But - even if the patent were real, IT'S SNAKESKIN! Which means it's not leather - which comes from cows - but from snakes. So that means patent snakeskin, by definition, is NOT LEATHER. Is this all too complicated for you? Now, obviously Nike is the cheapest shoe company in the world and they barely put real leather on signature shoes anymore, so it stands to reason that they're not using real snakeskin because of costs. It also makes more sense for the company to use a synthetic material for the "snakeskin patent" part, seeing as how getting all those colors on real patent or real snakeskin would be very hard and very expensive. I actually just checked on the Nike site, and they use the phrase "reptile patent," which again means reptile skin, and it's also further proof that it's fake; they'd specific an animal if it were legit.

So, what have we learned? We learned flowsomuch, in addition to having a name that reminds me of menstruation, thinks snakes and cows are the same animal. We also learned that even though there is an option for leather on the Kobe IVs, there is very little leather on the shoe as a whole.

Bottom line is that the difference in quality between the AZK1s and these is staggering. Nike has been famous for cutting costs wherever they can, but for a premiere athlete in their biggest shoe release this year, you'd think they could manage to limit the plastic and put a shoe's worth of cushioning in there. That isn't to say I dislike this shoe completely, I think it looks good and I like lows. But it's still sad how poor the product they're putting out is.

roll.gif

Someone's mad.

Technically you're not right.

You can't really have an opinion on the quality of the shoe if you're basing it on pure assumption. First of all, when it comes to the iD, dude couldhave went with the synthetic upper, sythetic outer, and also have synthetic on the inner as well. I understand it's not pure geniune leather, it'sNike, no !@#$. Why would they put genuine leather on a shoe? And another thing before you ran your mouth off, I know the difference between snakeskin andleather smart!@#. Notice how I said patent snakeskin? If you actually iD'd a pair or actually own the Del Sol's that show the material of the patent.It's patent with a snakeskin design. Hence, patent snakeskin. Now is that too hard for you to understand?

Now what have we learned from this? Another guy trying to have a big opinion on a shoe he doesn't own or has any idea what's going behind the ID.

Judging from your post, I see a certain dislike towards Nike? Coach Hubie, is that you? Back from getting banned I see. Nonetheless, the only thing that workswell for Yuku, the ignore feature.

Don't bother responding, I ignored your !@# since I'm well familiar with your antics and your huge dislike for Nike and Kobe. Next thing you knowyou're going to tell us about how Kobe won't sell blah blah blah. Adidas is better. Blah blah blah. We get it. You've said that on every Kobe Nikerelease.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by collegeville

flowsomuch- FYI: Patent leather is not real leather. Hence the word "patent". It would be tough to get anyone to approve a patent on an animal's skin so that it's "inventor" couldn't get ripped off by somebody copying it.
laugh.gif

Patent leather is leather that has been given a high gloss, shiny finish. Patent leather and poromerics are used in applications where an eye-catching glossy appearance is the most important consideration. Examples include fashion items such as wallets and handbags, dance and uniform shoes, kinky boots and professional wrestling boots, and trench coats. In recent years patent leather has become a popular material for limited-edition sneakers.

Anyway....

Those IVs that Edd posted, makes me want to jump on 2 pairs, 1 similar to his version, and the home version I saw Kobe wearing last night.
My man French. Taking collegville to school.
pimp.gif

Thank you. I see you Laker fam!

smh.gif
at dudes actually thinking that I thought it was snakeskin. Maybe I shouldhave been more clear instead of just saying patent snakeskin.

Holy over-reactions, batman. My post was supposed to be a joke in the first place. No hate for you tho, French. Either way, I'm torn on these. Beautifulshoe, great ID options, but $160?

Has anybody played more than a game or two in their IDs? Does the cushioning hold up?

cushioning seems fine on the shoes, I'm only 2 games in so far, but my homie has played more than that...

^^^^ i have played in mine for about a month....2 x week games, 2 -3 times per week pickup....no problems....still as comfortable as the day I boughtthem...actually more....

ZombieJesus12 wrote:

roll.gif

Someone's mad.

Technically you're not right.

You can't really have an opinion on the quality of the shoe if you're basing it on pure assumption. First of all, when it comes to the iD, dude could have went with the synthetic upper, sythetic outer, and also have synthetic on the inner as well. I understand it's not pure geniune leather, it's Nike, no !@#$. Why would they put genuine leather on a shoe? And another thing before you ran your mouth off, I know the difference between snakeskin and leather smart!@#. Notice how I said patent snakeskin? If you actually iD'd a pair or actually own the Del Sol's that show the material of the patent. It's patent with a snakeskin design. Hence, patent snakeskin. Now is that too hard for you to understand?

Now what have we learned from this? Another guy trying to have a big opinion on a shoe he doesn't own or has any idea what's going behind the ID.

Judging from your post, I see a certain dislike towards Nike? Coach Hubie, is that you? Back from getting banned I see. Nonetheless, the only thing that works well for Yuku, the ignore feature.

Don't bother responding, I ignored your !@# since I'm well familiar with your antics and your huge dislike for Nike and Kobe. Next thing you know you're going to tell us about how Kobe won't sell blah blah blah. Adidas is better. Blah blah blah. We get it. You've said that on every Kobe Nike release.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by collegeville

flowsomuch- FYI: Patent leather is not real leather. Hence the word "patent". It would be tough to get anyone to approve a patent on an animal's skin so that it's "inventor" couldn't get ripped off by somebody copying it.
laugh.gif

Patent leather is leather that has been given a high gloss, shiny finish. Patent leather and poromerics are used in applications where an eye-catching glossy appearance is the most important consideration. Examples include fashion items such as wallets and handbags, dance and uniform shoes, kinky boots and professional wrestling boots, and trench coats. In recent years patent leather has become a popular material for limited-edition sneakers.

Anyway....

Those IVs that Edd posted, makes me want to jump on 2 pairs, 1 similar to his version, and the home version I saw Kobe wearing last night.
My man French. Taking collegville to school.
pimp.gif

Thank you. I see you Laker fam!

smh.gif
at dudes actually thinking that I thought it was snakeskin. Maybe I should have been more clear instead of just saying patent snakeskin.

Wait, when did I say it wouldn't sell well or that I dislike the Kobe line? I'm in several threads talking about how much I love the AZK1,which are my hands down favorite ball shoe of all time. I have every shoe he released since he joined Nike, always take the Kobe products over the LeBron line,etc. Hell, I also have a huge stash of Kobe shorts for ball, his product line has been my favorite. Feel free to make up random things about me, though! Isthere anyone stupider than someone calling a reasonable criticism "hating"?

In either case, I'm definitely not Hubie or whomever, and my opinions are anti-Nike and pro-Niike, depending on when they're earned. I think you'reliterally making things up about me.

Zombie Jesus12 is no Coach Hubie or JACK JOHNSON

zombie jeseus12 is a Kobe fan i assume, ..... but he for sure is no JACK JOHNSON

Zombiejesus would have been banned for trolling if anything..... again....
laugh.gif

let's just quote everything so we can scroll aimlessly thru the same text like we care what you're saying...

been refreshing nikeid since 330pm pacific time, its about 430 pacific time now. im gona keep refreshing until 550 cuz im in class til about that time. gonatest the "its up between 4-5pacific time" deal

I went on nikeid yesterday around this time, and they were up.

Keep trying....

I was going to get the home version ones, that Kobe was wearing Tuesday night, but I backed off cuz I need to pay for my school books.
mad.gif

oh *$$% the order for my other 2 pairs placed on 1/29 have already been shipped! wasn't expecting that at all.

btw...here's what's coming in.

laces will be either be purple or black and i'm thinking about painting the shozoku logo yellow.

Back
Top Bottom