Nike Zoom Jet retro (Favres, if I'm not mistaken...)

Man... just had flashbacks of fourth grade. Yeah, I can really appreciate these re-releasing.

Since 90's turf shoes are kinda my thing, heres some pics of the 1997 originals I made today for yall to compare the retros against later.

Enjoy, since this will prolly eat up the last of my free bandwidth for awhile heh.
frown.gif

were they your size langfor5?

If I remember correctly the white/green were a sz. 9.5 and the cleat version was a sz. 9. I wanna say they were $79 dollars at most. I can remember trying to haggle w/ the prices on them and the owner was like 'but the original price was $119 and I have them discounted to $79. That's already a good price discount' I really wanted to say dude these shoes are 12+ yrs old 
laugh.gif

Its about time Nike made a retro for someone not named Sanders. I was just having a convo the other day about more rappers having sneakers than football players over the past 10 years. I guess everything does come in time.

Originally Posted by Trydan

Since 90's turf shoes are kinda my thing, heres some pics of the 1997 originals I made today for yall to compare the retros against later.

Wrangler Jeans?

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by Ballahb

Wrangler Jeans?
Brett Favre PEs!
I was gonna say the same thing.  Lol.  Trydan always rocks those Wrangler or Lee or whatever average suburban jeans, I think it's dope.  Shows that not every sneaker head is in it for fashion, but for the pure appreciation of the shoes, the athletes and the time those shoes convey.   Those OG's are sick.  I doubt the retros will look anywhere near that good.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by Ballahb

Wrangler Jeans?
Brett Favre PEs!
I was gonna say the same thing.  Lol.  Trydan always rocks those Wrangler or Lee or whatever average suburban jeans, I think it's dope.  Shows that not every sneaker head is in it for fashion, but for the pure appreciation of the shoes, the athletes and the time those shoes convey.   Those OG's are sick.  I doubt the retros will look anywhere near that good.
I dont think I could have said it better myself sir! Summed it up nicely.

Retros are never as good as the originals, specially when it comes to comfort. The og zoom jets are prolly one of the best cushioned turf shoes that nike ever made, and you can really feel the zoom air in them as you walk, no 'hard as a brick' soles in these at all.

They are Lee btw, I faded them myself with some bleach also cause I thought they were too dark originally.

I need the OG colorway.....those other colors in that article aint doing it for me......still have a beat up pair from '97 in my moms garage.....

Brett Favre PEs!

Retros are never as good as the originals, specially when it comes to comfort. The og zoom jets are prolly one of the best cushioned turf shoes that nike ever made, and you can really feel the zoom air in them as you walk, no 'hard as a brick' soles in these at all.

They are Lee btw, I faded them myself with some bleach also cause I thought they were too dark originally.

FTR, I wasn't ribbing you - was just making a Brett Favre Wrangler endorsement joke. I agree with Pana (as usual!). Pure love - certainly not on some "hypebeast" stuff.

As for these kicks, if the retros are done right (not holding my breath), I'll mess with OG colorways once they hit clearance prices.

had these in 10th grade.... copped the orange and white pair for like 70 ..... great shoes... will cop again on sale

Brett Favre PEs!

very nice sir, very nice 

Just sold my Black/White pair on the other site because the soles were starting to yellow. Hopefully the quality of the retro's are just as nice.

Back
Top Bottom