Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

I know you don’t.

People want mars yard (which for ts is art)
People want banksy art

Ts gives people mars yard to be worn and beat up and tries to get people to embrace the the story, ethos and functional benefit.

Banksy gives people art that speaks to the absurdity of the art world

In both cases people do the “wrong things” with their creations. Obscuring the intent of the artist and in both cases act in a way that feels very much at odds with the original message.

So each artist could just keep creating what people want and perpetuate the “bad behavior”

Or they can make things on their terms, their art, that reinforces their message. So you don’t yet a mars yard or a girl holding a ballon on your terms, you get it on the artists...cause they can, cause it’s their art.

See Overshoe.
See self shredding painting.

That was my comparison. Im not an art guy or a Banksy guy but that’s the parallel I’m drawing and although it’s not linear, I believe their thought process, (in all likelihood), to be quite similar
Oh yeah fair enough then.

Sachs actually said he made these for the snow and rain

Said the regular version is nice but water gets through the mesh to easily if it’s raining or there’s a slush puddle

Didn’t just make them “because he can”

upload_2018-10-10_8-37-14.jpeg

Without the bag.

wonder if the boot material is something like dyneema, cuben . the backpack theyve been showing seems to be made of the same material

Back
Top Bottom