Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Damn if I wasn't driving at the time of notification lol

You guys are gonna get something special I know that.

I got through on "extra credit" as well... Debating if I want to trek all the way to 21M to have them stamp a pair of white sneakers with the Nike off white logo...

I got through on "extra credit" as well... Debating if I want to trek all the way to 21M to have them stamp a pair of white sneakers with the Nike off white logo...
lol. I dont wanna jinx anyone and for once nike might surprise me(right?) but i feel like its gonna be similar to the Gakou Flyknit aka not really worth the cash. For me at least. "But hey off white nikes for everyone right. And you'll still purchase the collab right. Cool."

Last edited:
i know YM floated a pricepoint list for the pre-release but wondering if there's been an official price list yet?

It still baffles me that people don't understand hype=good for any brand. I get that it pisses you off that you most likely can't get them but that's life. If you step back and look it, you'll see how it makes sense for Nike. Look at Yeezy/Adidas. They are super limited and Adidas isn't making a ton off of the brand bc they arent making a ton of them but anyone can see that they hype from that line has translated to other areas of the brand.
Have the “but Nike could make so much money if they made more” posts started yet? Let me know so I can recycle my response around short term sales vs Long term Brand perception and Brand value. Lol.

Damn, I really just met the most ignorant person on this forum. Nike's collab with off White isn't going to transition into higher sales on any of their models. You keep comparing Kanye/adidas with Nike but these are two completely different situations and Nike is in a different position than adidas.
Do you really think Nike just wants hype? Are you really that ignorant to marketing? Responding to you any further is pointless. Don't quote me again until you know something about marketing.

It’s 100 percent about hype and this type of collaboration is emblematic of the same type of approach that adidas has built with the Kanye/kardasi-sphere. It’s just a different take on ways to strengthen Brand positioning via the cool factor. Just because Nike is a democratic Brand as a whole doesn’t mean they have to be in their fringe initiatives. But don’t get it twisted, the value of an off white, has nothing to do with Sales - it’s exposure, relevancy, coverage, conversation - all things that seem fleeting in the short term but have massive implications on attracting new audiences and building long term Brand value.

Didn't you say you do this for a living bigevan23 bigevan23 ?
I do sir. Maybe I’m allowed to weigh in? :rofl:

But what do I know...I just help run the show for the guys that gave Apple think different and stuff.

(And by stuff, I mean: insert virtually any mega brand including Nike and Adi and any problem at the intersection of marketing/business/consumer insights)

Last edited:
Debating entering the draw this weekend and heading down to nyc if i win... maybe only for the AJ1s

Back
Top Bottom