Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Very true...can even go a step further and tie it to a valid ID number (that would be asking too much though).

There are so many things Nike can do to combat this inequity if they just tried a little. I'm afraid they don't care.

Yeh I doubt it. I mean say across these 10 sneakers they have 100,000 units total. Selling them at say $100 per to retailers. They made $10M easy and thats on the low end. This was a popular release, but not their money-maker. The 11s, for example, where they made like half a million to a million units is what drives numbers.

EDIT: The value here is overall brand publicity. There are probably millions of social media posts on the Off White releases the second half of this year. That in itself is free marketing. Nike didn't have to advertise much themselves other than hosting a few events.

Yeh I doubt it. I mean say across these 10 sneakers they have 100,000 units total. Selling them at say $100 per to retailers. They made $10M easy and thats on the low end. This was a popular release, but not their money-maker. The 11s, for example, where they made like half a million to a million units is what drives numbers.

Yup exactly these are the releases they need to keep people talking about the brand, like you said its small fish money wise. They don't care how it gets sold.

There are always ways around these methods. If you do a random raffle method then people will use a script to enter thousands of times. If you tie a raffle entry to confirmed phone numbers then people will generate random numbers using one of many number generating services and confirm them with a script. If you tie it to ID number then all you’re doing is preventing the same Id from checking in multiple times since Nike doesn’t have a way of validating that the ID number is yours. If you tie the entry to a credit card then people will generate privacy or final cards to get around that and make multiple entries.

There is always a way to get around these methods, it sucks but that’s just the way it is. What you can do is educate yourself though and use these methods to increase your chances against those who put in thousands of entries

I dont think nike can completely stop cheaters. but they can cut it down by doing instore ipad raffles with all info sent to corporate and winners selected by corporate ids required. Equally distribute them across the country. Only 1 entry per person nation wide.

I wouldn't quit nike if I took the L. I was so mad when I struck out on frags and about a million other releases too.
This one was just good to me.
It's like if you start golfing. You'll hit 99 bad shots and 1 good one. The one is what brings you back.

Yep. I was pissed initially at the process (my account got blocked during the release), but I had won a raffle at Kith for AM90, got early access to AF1 and paid resale on the 1s and blazers. Overall, I can't complain. I had some Yeezys collecting dust, which I'll flip to compensate for. I won half and "lost" half, but overall, I had stuff to subsidize what I overpaid for. All part of the game. This is a hobby, not a life/death situation. In a couple of weeks, Off White posts will fizzle out on social media and it'll be onto the next one.

I dont think nike can completely stop cheaters. but they can cut it down by doing instore ipad raffles with all info sent to corporate and winners selected by corporate ids required. Equally distribute them across the country. Only 1 entry per person nation wide.

Great idea! My closest Niketown is over 1000 miles away, and I live in the lower 48 states.

I have my af1 not even showing on my choice, but the tracking works. Also no movement since early yesterday.

Great idea! My closest Niketown is over 1000 miles away, and I live in the lower 48 states.
Well people like you would just be out of luck if you not willing to travel. Which is why nike releases their products online and people are able to bot.

With a raffle system that requires a purchase history (same way you have to purchase something to get 10m headstart on the apps)...at the very least bot users should have to spend x amount per account in order to enter the raffles. That would help lessen the blow. I know there are no perfect solutions, but the current system is a mess.

Mine originally said 24 but narvar serving up the 28. Cmon narvar be better. Meg wouldn’t even do me dirty like that. (Btw Who remebers meg?)

Is your tracking moving though?

I'm still skeptical if my package has even been picked up. Nike site says 24th delivery , but im stuck at step 1: ordered processed/label created on the actual tracking. Nike said they believe its still coming on the 24th, they put me on hold and confirmed UPS has it and its out their warehouse and its possible its just not updated on their tracking.

With a raffle system that requires a purchase history (same way you have to purchase something to get 10m headstart on the apps)...at the very least bot users should have to spend x amount per account in order to enter the raffles. That would help lessen the blow. I know there are no perfect solutions, but the current system is a mess.
people would just buy stuff and then resell it for a small loss to be able to have multiple accounts

Edit: this is a good way too but within a year people would have 100s of accounts.

Thinking of using my Blazers or Zoom Fly's as trade bait. How much should I throw on top for some Vapormax's?

For those copping resale prestos, they didn’t come in .5 sizes. Full size only. Seen some reps on eBay with people bidding on them. Beware!

For those copping resale prestos, they didn’t come in .5 sizes. Full size only. Seen some reps on eBay with people bidding on them. Beware!

The fakes are good on all of these. Not saying Stockx if fool-proof, but for a little bit more, I prefer a legit check is done on these prices.

Is your tracking moving though?

I'm still skeptical if my package has even been picked up. Nike site says 24th delivery , but im stuck at step 1: ordered processed/label created on the actual tracking. Nike said they believe its still coming on the 24th, they put me on hold and confirmed UPS has it and its out their warehouse and its possible its just not updated on their tracking.

Same exact situation for me for the presto. Even tho mine already shipped the 97s and those are in transit

Edit: just as I typed this, prestos got picked up tracking updated. Happy holidays y'all, now I can rest enjoy tomorrow with peace of mind. See y'all Saturday

Last edited:

People have ways around that too. But that's a whole different discussion. Once they start winning, they tend to win a lot more because their spend goes through the roof with more wins.

People have ways around that too. But that's a whole different discussion. Once they start winning, they tend to win a lot more because their spend goes through the roof with more wins.

I think that's what happens with Foot app reservations. My boy hit on V2s once and has been hitting at the same Footlocker every since.

Back
Top Bottom