Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Did the orange lace swap on my AM90's and man. FUEGO!

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

86B97583-5932-4F4E-ACD1-CB2030099E1C.jpg

FLAMES

I got to be more thankful living in NYC, cause alot of my friends got nothing back in the DMV. Or they have fake AJ1 parading around.
Man you ain't lying on that one. Exclusive releases and yeezy drops are scarce as hell out here :smh:
I won the 21 Mercer Off-white raffle a couple months ago and had to take off and make it a damn day trip just to come up and get them :lol:

I'm still salty af about yesterday's drop :lol:

I'm still recovering. It's going to take a while to get over it.

Looking at these resell prices, NIKE is high fiving and giving the whole marketing department bonus checks. They gave a hyperdunk a resell that in itself is an achievement.

This collection saved Nike this year IMO. Yeah the company probably still did numbers but overall both Nike and JB had a weak 2017. The fact Nike gave Virgil so much free reign and access to work on that many shoes in a collaborative space is unprecedented. Nike's never done that before and known for being strict/tight when it comes to collabs.

90's/blazers look like ghosting pairs - especially next to the AF1.
similiar but different to me (materials, structure) but agree that the AF1 are kinda in between. Definitely prefer the colors of the 90/blazer so really looking forward to the white AJ1 haha

I'm still recovering. It's going to take a while to get over it.

This collection saved Nike this year IMO. Yeah the company probably still did numbers but overall both Nike and JB had a weak 2017. The fact Nike gave Virgil so much free reign and access to work on that many shoes in a collaborative space is unprecedented. Nike's never done that before and known for being strict/tight when it comes to collabs.

Saved is a tough word.

From an experience perspective Mars Yard was the best of the year
From hype perspective and blue print for launching special collabs, The Ten set the standard
Let's not forget the Kaws Grey/Black...also in contention for best of the year (solid combo of art/culture/history/hype/celebrity...)
I think that had VLONE not had troubles w Bari, the rest of that drop would have been pretty nuts given how popular the AF1 was.
More AF100 action at the end of the month/december
And then the cash cow 11's to wrap things up, plus some other surprises that Im sure are coming.

New tehnologies like React/Zoom X are unbelievably strong in the performance area
Hyperadapts will get more affordable but they're mass producing power laces guys, cmon!
and the vapormax was a really popular fresh new silhouette that brough air max back in a pretty big way (starting with air max month).

There's been a lot of bright spots this year.

What did you get from adi...semi frozen yellow.

Nike did the most important thing they could have done....out innovate in the marketing/influencer/hype department, their products/product r&d have always been and continue to be light years ahead.

I agree, 350s are getting more and more meh each release (barring that awful piss yellow) and ultra boosts and NMDs are also getting played out. Nike won this year

On Saturday, right after copping peebras, I got notified to cop the blazers, so I did. Was POed that I didnt get to grab the ones.

Yesterday was a wild day.

Of course, got the same old freezes and errors on vapors, but then luck started to change.

I got the AF1, and it said I got the AM97, but I got a pending charge with no email on that one.
Then I struck out a few more times. Figured I was gonna take the L on the 1.
But then, a miracle happened and I got those.

So, total, 3 of the 9. All have shipped. Pretty happy with what I got, especially the 1s. All the others will pay for the 1s.

IMG_1010.jpg

All on one account and all manual. Shot my shot and made it at the buzzer. Shouts to the homies that kept posting info. Plus, my screenshot is actually mine, not someone else's like some people do, which I don't understand or want to understand.

how’s roundtwos reputation. they just put one in NYC but the prices seem kinda skeptical

Just passed through since I’m in the neighborhood everyday. Overpriced Hypebeast hangout honestly. So basically like any consignment shop in NY :lol:

Just passed through since I’m in the neighborhood everyday. Overpriced Hypebeast hangout honestly. So basically like any consignment shop in NY :lol:

they've been caught with selling fakes (yeezys, supreme) before at the LA store.

Adidas won last year

Nike won this year and unless Adidas has something in the stash for next year I think it’s a wrap for the foreseeable future.

Nike making Js more limited next year alone will provoke a lot of attention.

Nike still has a bit more to prove imo. This collab was great, but now its over. We'll see what they have next for 2018. same with adidas.

A part of me hopes they dont milk virgil and use him as some savior cause those white AJ1 x offwhite looks terrible.

On Saturday, right after copping peebras, I got notified to cop the blazers, so I did. Was POed that I didnt get to grab the ones.

Yesterday was a wild day.

Of course, got the same old freezes and errors on vapors, but then luck started to change.

I got the AF1, and it said I got the AM97, but I got a pending charge with no email on that one.
Then I struck out a few more times. Figured I was gonna take the L on the 1.
But then, a miracle happened and I got those.

So, total, 3 of the 9. All have shipped. Pretty happy with what I got, especially the 1s. All the others will pay for the 1s.

IMG_1010.jpg

All on one account and all manual. Shot my shot and made it at the buzzer. Shouts to the homies that kept posting info. Plus, my screenshot is actually mine, not someone else's like some people do, which I don't understand or want to understand.
Man they say lightning doesn’t strike the same place twice.. and here it’s happened three times. I truly have no grasp on how something like this can happen while it’s nearly impossible for most people to score at all. Regardless, that is beyond incredible luck and I’d be very stoked if I were you. Congrats, three of the best pairs.

Nike still has a bit more to prove imo. This collab was great, but now its over. We'll see what they have next for 2018. same with adidas.

A part of me hopes they dont milk virgil and use him as some savior cause those white AJ1 x offwhite looks terrible.

It appears we're getting part two of the OW collection next year so that's one thing. Plus like someone said, JB retro drops will be more limited in 2018.

Called up Nike about how they screwed me over with the Got Em screen and all they could do was give me a 20 off that doesnt even work on SNKRS annnnd a rep was all "I guarantee you got them" yesterday... DO BETTER.

Back
Top Bottom