Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

As a bit of backstory, I sold my Off White Sail 5s about two or so weeks before Virgil’s passing, to fund Off-White Grim Reaper Blazers.

I tried to buy a pair of the Blazers on GOAT and the seller cancelled the purchase.

I then went to eBay to buy a pair, but I messaged sellers first to make sure they would ship them before I bought them. The first seller said he would ship them, then raised the price another $120 right after responding to my message.

I asked another seller, who said he’d ship, I purchased them, he shipped, they got authenticated by ebay and arrived today.

They’re deadstock, but the medial lettering is pretty yellowed. It was bright white, like it should be, in the photos on the listing.

Nowhere in the description or photos did it say anything about yellowing or discoloration. I’m surprised ebay passed these.

I’m going to have to open a case with eBay. The search continues, I guess, and prices now are about $100 more than when I bought these.

I haven't noticed the yellowing on my Grim Reapers yet. But yellowing is going to be common. My Air Yeezys yellowed pretty bad too.

Buggin.

After the 1’s, id say it was the best one out of the 10. Prestos are nice to look at, not as nice on foot. Everything else is a tier below. With all the OW Nikes, still one of the best ones.

OG def the best out of the three Blazers, but second out of the entire Ten lineup? naaaaah.

This is my personal ranking:
owr.jpg

Prestos are the best but Chi's are the most iconic.
All the rest are randomly ordered & it would be fine.
Last bunch are the "Foam" joints and maybe the vulcanized pair. Even though the story behind them is interesting.,

The VMs are just terrible in general, that's why it's ranked last on my list. That air bubble design ain't it.

AF1’s are first for me followed by 1’s, Prestos, 90’s and VM’s. The last five can fall into place anywhere, don’t really care for any of them.

Virgil was unique because he targeted the shoes that he personally liked and not necessarily the most popular. 95’s would have made more sense than prestos but it was a personal thing for him.

I don’t wear Chuck’s, Blazers and only wore Hyperdunks for basketball. The Hyperdunks are aight because of what Virgil did to them.

Y’all can have the Chuck’s and Blazers because those are definitely super last place for me.

But hey, people like what they like.

i like how the prestos are in everybodys top 3

virgil went crazy on that pair god rest his soul

Back
Top Bottom