Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3FE3F2F8-6941-4094-8549-ADFA9CB16000.png

:lol:
I got back into sneakers around 2011/2012.
It was all about Kanye back then and what he wore. I’m actually surprised he’s still relevant with his adidas line even tho his recent music is terrible.
Keep in mind Ye has also been diagnosed with bipolarism. :lol:

Keep in mind Ye has also been diagnosed with bipolarism. :lol:
him being bi polar doesn't discredit him & i will admit that he played a key role in the jordan 1 (bred/royal) & jordan 6 (black varsity red) hype during that time, but he isn't "why they're still hot."

3FE3F2F8-6941-4094-8549-ADFA9CB16000.png

:lol:
I got back into sneakers around 2011/2012.
It was all about Kanye back then and what he wore. I’m actually surprised he’s still relevant with his adidas line even tho his recent music is terrible.
during this time where i was ppl mainly tried to dress like wale or wiz, and then a$ap rocky (who's lowkey the reason a lot of ppl dress the way they do today) came along.

Jordan’s are still hot because they remastered the 1s and have dropped classic after classic, old and new. And because they fixed the 11s for the Holiday releases.

they also had the right ppl walk around in them

That’s always gonna be part of the reasons for what’s hot... but some things can’t be denied on their own merit. 1s and 11s will always stand up no matter what. Hell, they both sold when they were made like ****.

That’s always gonna be part of the reasons for what’s hot... but some things can’t be denied on their own merit. 1s and 11s will always stand up no matter what. Hell, they both sold when they were made like ****.
i think i was one of few wearing jordan 1's at that time at my school. everyone else was wearing fchucks, foams, pennies, lebron 9's, kobe 8's, maybe 11's (most couldn't get em), etc. Back then jordan 1's were kinda disrespected... until Kanye was seen everywhere in them. And even then only hypebeast latched on to them.

Chelsea boots era lol
gross and too metrosexual for me.

i think i was one of few wearing jordan 1's at that time at my school. everyone else was wearing fchucks, foams, pennies, lebron 9's, kobe 8's, maybe 11's (most couldn't get em), etc. Back then jordan 1's were kinda disrespected... until Kanye was seen everywhere in them. And even then only hypebeast latched on to them.

gross and too metrosexual for me.

221972.jpg

You really think the Nike Yeezys did nothing for sneaker culture? Were you around then? Because if thats what you think you either weren't around or simply oblivious to how much those shoes changed things.

The fact that he was the first non-athlete to get a shoe from Nike is HUGE. Adidas seized on what Kanye built with Nike and made it possible for there to be a million different 350s that are all just a shade different.

Im 29 b. Ive been around. Those shoes didnt change much at all, it wasnt around long enough to. It was just another hype sneaker.

once upon a time retro jordans were not selling like they are now. actually, not now, because now they're attainable again. maybe not selling like they were a few years ago when iconic retros were actually somewhat limited. kanye may have played a small part in the resurgence of the jordan 1. maybe.

Honestly jeans slimming down made Jordan 1s look way more dope. I wore 01 breds in 2007 when boot cuts were cool but when slim straights and skinny’s got hot the next year I realized I needed royal 01s, navy white and metallic 01s and platinum 1s because 1s just looked amazing when the shoe didn’t choke em out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom