Nike SNKRS App Nike.com/SNKRS

They can drop as many as they want. No such thing as too many shoes to be honest.
It would actually be more beneficial for most for it to be an app only drop since It limits the user to 1 item at a time and cuts some of the page monitors out of the equation. Would allow for spreading the wealth tho it sucks for anyone that doesn't have the app.
Well, I'm not tech savvy so I'm not going to speculate or assume but IMO based off facts...I don't think they can, they haven't done it yet....in fact, ever since they app went live they've had issues with it and even major Jordan releases were left out the app...Yes the app had early success with the early releases for the chrome n gold posites and they also had the Jerry Rice trainers there first as well. But aside from the minor restock they had last week and the Corks released being random for select accounts, Nike has yet to be consistent with it. Also the fact that is not available on Android in order to give more people a chance to buy. They've could've have the major restock on NDC as well as the app, and give everyone a fair chance but they didn't. It is what it is, so we'll see what happens.

IMO, Nike jumped the gun with the app, they already took an L to Adidas Confirmed App being the first with mobile in app purchases, so they rushed the SNKRS App, that's probably why we're here, after 3 months of being live, having with issues with it. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.
just cause they havent done it yet, doesnt mean they arent capable. i agree with bigj. if nike wanted to drop 10 shoes at once on the app, im 99.9999999% sure they can and will. just because they havent doesnt mean it points to it being a fact that they cant.

its THEIR app....why wouldnt they be able to drop as many kicks as theyd like?

lol at all the complaints about the app. It's in beta. Some of you guys are just clueless. Yeah, push an android version while the iOS version is still in beta. Brilliant! Stick to shoes, not the technology.

lol at all the complaints about the app. It's in beta. Some of you guys are just clueless. Yeah, push an android version while the iOS version is still in beta. Brilliant! Stick to shoes, not the technology.

Agreed. It's actually cheaper to let the consumers beta test it than to hire a test team.
I'm sure that mini app restock was a test that nike gathered a nice amount of statistics with.

Agreed. It's actually cheaper to let the consumers beta test it than to hire a test team.
I'm sure that mini app restock was a test that nike gathered a nice amount of statistics with.
Not just that, this is the type of app that requires HUGE load testing. You can't very well simulate tens or hundreds of thousands or even millions of people using it at once. I don't know how many users are in this beta, but there are a lot of considerations here and almost every major app starts on iOS and then ends up on Android later (sometimes much later). Android isn't as developer-friendly and to expect Nike to give you the app for Android just cause you don't use iOS (who Nike has a huge partnership with) is just selfish and greedy.

IMO, all the people who are complaining about the app not being available on android, will be the exact same people who will complain about the app not being good, it sucks, too many issues etc if Nike does drop it early for android.

cant please everyone.

Damn, this nice weather. Have been out side enjoying it for the SNKRS and NDC restocks. Not that I was guaranteed anything, but not even being able to try gave me even less of a chance...

Well, I'm not tech savvy so I'm not going to speculate or assume but IMO based off facts...I don't think they can, they haven't done it yet....in fact, ever since they app went live they've had issues with it and even major Jordan releases were left out the app...Yes the app had early success with the early releases for the chrome n gold posites and they also had the Jerry Rice trainers there first as well. But aside from the minor restock they had last week and the Corks released being random for select accounts, Nike has yet to be consistent with it. Also the fact that is not available on Android in order to give more people a chance to buy. They've could've have the major restock on NDC as well as the app, and give everyone a fair chance but they didn't. It is what it is, so we'll see what happens.

IMO, Nike jumped the gun with the app, they already took an L to Adidas Confirmed App being the first with mobile in app purchases, so they rushed the SNKRS App, that's probably why we're here, after 3 months of being live, having with issues with it. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.
Took an L to Confirmed App that barely worked for the one drop the did in one city? Youre kidding right.. 
Not just that, this is the type of app that requires HUGE load testing. You can't very well simulate tens or hundreds of thousands or even millions of people using it at once. I don't know how many users are in this beta, but there are a lot of considerations here and almost every major app starts on iOS and then ends up on Android later (sometimes much later). Android isn't as developer-friendly and to expect Nike to give you the app for Android just cause you don't use iOS (who Nike has a huge partnership with) is just selfish and greedy.
load testing can be done very easily in a lab, that isn't a big deal.  Its the rest of the use cases that would require a QA team, UAT team etc.. that Nike has passed on to the users (us).  I actually don't mind being a 'beta' tester for Nike.  Overall I like the app and the experience, just wish the marketing team would be consistent with what they choose to drop on SNKRS.

yup updated it last week to 8.3
so strange.  If you still have your SNKRS access code, maybe try deleting the app and reinstalling.  I haven't heard anyone have your issue
GamerG had a very similar issue. he said his app kept crashing. the only way he could use the app on his phone was to backup his entire phone, then wipe his phone to factory settings and thats the only way the app worked. when he got done using the app, he simply restored his phone.

but like he stated, doing that everytime he/you want to use or even check the app is too much dang work.

why does this crappy app keep CRASHING on me
When you say crash, do you mean you go to open the app and it automatically closes? Have you updated the app? My brother had this happen and he deleted and reinstalled the app. I had his access code from an invite so he had to re-enter it.

Back
Top Bottom