Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

I was keeping my thoughts to myself for this entire thread. Mainly, because I know most of y'all are past tired of me talking about HOW butchered this model is.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Long story short, THIS release is the BEST shape this model has had since the 1999 White/Black Cement Retros. That being said, when comparing it to the OG model, there's STILL a lot to be desired. Mainly the ankle collars shape, and them STILL being way too short.

Anyways, I still can't believe it, but I hit on SNKRS on release day. My true size too, a 12.5. Then, I bought a second pair on eBay, for about $480. However, the dude never shipped them, and tried to run off on me. I was able to get my money back, though.

Then, I panicked because all of the other 12.5 were gone off eBay. Plus, the prices were STEADY going up. I ended grabbing a second pair off GOAT, which came to about $660 altogether...

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Yeah I know, I f'n trippin'...

Anyways, they came in last Wednesday, but I not sure if they're AUTHENTIC, or not.

Can anyone of y'all tell?

20230426_20265201.jpg
20230426_20265202.jpg

Let me know if y'all need anymore pics, or info. I'll post some more if I need too.

:emoji_100:

Panel size etc can will always differ pair to pair. Also that’s a Nike Asia manufacturer tag. Fakes don’t do that. Relax and enjoy.

Don't stress too much. I can tell you from looking at multiple pairs in-hand, the mudguard height was all over the place. Like literally from right to left in the same box. Like frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds said, you'd likely be able to tell since you already have a for sure legit pair.

I bought my pair from eBay. I was a nervous wreck so I watched dozens of videos, looked at pictures of confirmed retails and confirmed replicas. One thing that is consistent on all retail pairs is the side panel nettings shape. And replicas consistently have rougher toe cap suede. Also compare the Flight on the tongue. If it’s not exactly the same, send them back. My opinion is that pair from Goat is a “good” replica, based of what you’ve provided and what I have seen and watched.
What are you focusing on that makes you say a “good replica”?

From pictures the easiest things to focus in on for these is shape of the shoe and shOe of the netting. Reps up until fairly recently were easy to spot based on those things because they were always off. Everything else is practically impossible to confirm without having an authentic pair in frame as a reference or in person

Last edited:
What are you focusing on that makes you say a “good replica”?
From it being close enough to fool Goat.

But to say the lease, dude has a confirmed legit pair in hand and they are both different shapes, have different suede on the toe and different netting. Thats too many boxes for them not to check via Goats check list. He spent $660 on a pair, I would at minimum ask for a replacement

But to say the lease, dude has a confirmed legit pair in hand and they are both different shapes, have different suede on the toe and different netting. Thats too many boxes for them not to check via Goats check list. He spent $660 on a pair, I would at minimum ask for a replacement
Would GOAT even accommodate that? What’s stopping someone from saying they got fakes and swapping a legit pair with some reps?

They allow returns so why not. Do they come with a goat tag or something attached?
Ah that’s right - forgot about the tag!

And yeah, FWIW, I do agree with you about the assessment. I can’t get over the differences in the suede on that pair.

GOAT doesn’t place a tag on the shoes themselves. They place a sticker on the box. If one was to swap them out on a return they could over look it.

That being said, each pair is going to vary slightly but side by side you should be able to compare materials, stitching, smells etc.
Not saying it can’t happen but I doubt these are not authentic.

GOAT doesn’t place a tag on the shoes themselves. They place a sticker on the box. If one was to swap them out on a return they could over look it.

That being said, each pair is going to vary slightly but side by side you should be able to compare materials, stitching, smells etc.
Not saying it can’t happen but I doubt these are not authentic.
Prove confirmed authentic pairs differ in shape. I have yet to see a single one that is substantially different

Hmm...really hard to compare with the pics provided as the angles aren't the same, so the shape of the netting area and other cues can't be directly compared. I'd like to see the tongue tags as there's some obvious signs there usually. I also agree that while fakes usually have more hairy toe leather, authentics also vary even between shoes. With them in-hand, I'd say he's got the best view for comparison.

I don’t particularly care if they make any more SB 4s, but I hope they make this shape (plus forefoot air and plastic wings, etc.) the standard for 4s going forward at some point. Love having a pair of 4s that doesn’t absolutely destroy my pinky toe.

Those are all normal variations. Again the color is the easiest tell and based on the photos the green matches exactly. If anyone can find a real vs fake side by side comparison you will see

Those are all normal variations. Again the color is the easiest tell and based on the photos the green matches exactly. If anyone can find a real vs fake side by side comparison you will see

This the last comment from me because honestly I care even less now than I did before. But for the last time It’s too many differences in his pairs and he posted here because he himself is unsure, with a CONFIRMED legit pair in hand.

IMG_2700.png
IMG_2699.png

there are definitely better batches out there but the issues are still the same just to different degrees, that back tab still wont feel like the rubber on the authentic pair and the little green tips on the wings wont be the same color

Those dunks are a perfect representation of what the rep industry puts out in 2023. Stand alone, no one is going to even think twice about them. put them together and youll see the red flags. I dont worry about platforms like stockx because any "legit checker" worth their paycheck will be able to spot that and if they dont and get through I definitely will and i'll get that chargeback taken care of in record time.

if youre someone truly terrified about fakes, you should be doing side by sides with other authentic pairs. or bare minimum be running them through legit app. if youre not even doing that then youre not informed enough to even be skeptical or complain.

Last edited:
If you're terrified about fakes, you shouldn't be using resell platforms at all :lol:

I understand the skepticism after a shoe has been out for like 6 months +, but dudes were in here like 2 weeks after release talkin about ya shoes are fake :lol:.

The best reps are almost never available before or by the time the retail releases drop, it takes a bit for them to correct issues. Ya gotta stop screaming fake for every little thing.

If you're terrified about fakes, you shouldn't be using resell platforms at all :lol:

I understand the skepticism after a shoe has been out for like 6 months +, but dudes were in here like 2 weeks after release talkin about ya shoes are fake :lol:.

The best reps are almost never available before or by the time the retail releases drop, it takes a bit for them to correct issues. Ya gotta stop screaming fake for every little thing.

to be honest I get even more confident when we're 6+ months because in most cases factories have already put in whatever time money and effort into improving a shoe that theyre going to put into any given shoe. Outside of special stuff that isnt standard by the time release dates come around, rep factories have already been producing the shoes for 3 or 4 months, in line with nikes own mass production. the fact that there are like 5-6 batches of these already out from different factories and none of them have opted to recreate the back tab out the same rubber tells me they more than likely dont plan on ever making that change. which is a good thing

another great example of this the off white 4. were 3 years out and the best reps dont even color match the midsole paint lol

German site Kickz did a restock and to my amazement my wife hit. After getting stung this morning by UPS ( Thanks Brexit :emoji_rolling_eyes: ) for customs fees, I'm still f*cking chuffed to get these at retail

Damn missed out.. was trying double up

Back
Top Bottom