NIKE (RED) LACES. LACE UP, SAVE LIVES. Fight aids in Africa.

Taken directly from NDC:

LACE UP. SAVE LIVES. DESIGNED TO FIGHT AIDS IN AFRICA. Nike and (RED)[emoji]8482[/emoji] are working together to leverage the power of sport to fight HIV/AIDS through a focus ontwo initiatives: education and medication. As a proud partner of (PRODUCT)RED[emoji]8482[/emoji], NIKE will contribute 100% of the profits from the sales of (NIKE)RED Laces tothe Global Fund (www.theglobalfund.org ) and to support soccer-based programs to help fight AIDS in Africa. Visit NIKESOCCER.COM/RED for more information. Alsoavailable at Nike retail locations.
Available in three sizes: 35.4", 41.3"and 50.8"

Suggested sizes for NIKE soccer cleats
T90 35.4" to 41.3"
CTR360 35.4" to 50.8"
Mercurial 41.3" to 50.8"

Suggested sizes for NIKE low tops
Most Kids' 35.4"
Most Women's 41.3"
Most Men's 50.8"

Originally Posted by retro23phan

laces are not that bad. picked it up at NTSF today.
21o9ch4.jpg

2eznwnc.jpg

Maybe it's your camera, but do these look ORANGE to anyone else?

just grabbed mine yeasterday... They came out to about 4 bucks at NTLA ... 4 bucks is high for shoe strings but its for a good cause so it was worth it haventfigured out what shoes im gonna drop them yet...

my bad the only camera i have is the one on my iphone. Its really red. So far i have put it on my air max 2009 and nike/jordan cement 3 dunks.

^^I'm a 12. I don't know what I'm gonna throw these in yet - probably the Wade 3 - but I ordered two pairs at the largest size.

One thing I've learned about shoelaces, better to have more than not enough

I love the concept behind the red laces, Nike has really raised the bar with their different marketing ideas and contributions to society! This is anothergreat reason why I love the Brand!

Guch on Good Morning America

[h2]The Beautiful Game: Onyewu Laces Up, Saves Lives[/h2]
Posted by Mark T in The Beautiful Game, USMNT, World Cup '10. Tagged: Nike, Oguchi Onyewu, Red. 1 Comment

TSG's The Beautiful Game series explores how soccer makes a difference around the globe.

USMNT's own Oguchi Onyewu appeared on Good Morning America today to promote the partnership forged by Nike and (RED) to fight AIDS in Africa. His appearance and the launch of the Lace Up. Save Lives. campaign coincided with World AIDS Day. In addition to Gooch's support of the initiative, players from around the world are supporting the campaign including fellow USMNTer Clint Dempsey.

The video of the appearance can be seen here: Oguchi Onyewu on GMA.

Be sure to watch to the end of the video as host Robin Roberts asks Gooch about his prospects of playing in the World Cup this coming summer. The best that can be said about Onyewu's multi-part response is that he is (very) cautiously optimistic as he states, "I am confident that hopefully I will get the opportunity [to play in the World Cup]."

(RED) is an idea and "a business model created to raise awareness and money for the Global Fund by teaming up with the world's most iconic brands to produce (PRODUCT) RED branded products. A portion of profits from each (PRODUCT) RED product sold goes directly to the Global Fund to invest in African AIDS programs, with a focus on women and children."

(RED)'s partnership with Nike produced a pair of red shoe laces for Nike to sell to support the cause. According to Nike, "One hundred percent of the profits from (NIKE)RED laces will be split equally between The Global Fund…which funds AIDS programs…and football-based community initiatives that deliver education and understanding around HIV/AIDS prevention."

As soccer is truly the global game it has the ability to make an impact in all corners of the world on a variety of issues including homelessness, education, disability and now AIDS. Yet another reason to love this game.

in for a few!... seems like a nice extra mini gift for christmas to go along with some sneakers.

ordered 2 pairs from NDC...not sure what Im going to use em in yet.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Yeah, me too... but its for a good cause, so I'm down with that.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

figured it out....
2jabuqg.jpg

matches perfect!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

figured it out....

matches perfect!
Same shade of red? That ain't bad... Now all I gotta do is go buy those shoes...
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Grabbed two pairs, didn't know where I would put them.

Ended up on my red Swingman Remix cleats and my black/white/red Wade 3s... both look pretty damn good. I'll throw up some pictures tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom