Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

20190525_202215.jpg

Digging how 87s are great for sportswear

hybrid model?

98's on the eyestay/lace loops, 97 tongue, 93 shape?

Fuegoooo doe :nthat:

digging that particular cw too :nerd:

Question, as I've been away from this thread for over a year now. I got the first platinum colorway of the Epic Reacts that pre-released on the Nike+ app last year, and they remain my favorite current sneaker. However, since then I haven't bought a single additional pair because I haven't seen any collaborations that particularly interest me. I'm thinking about getting a pair of the PSG IDs, but I was wondering if there's anything forthcoming this year that I might hold out for.

The last shoe I liked this much was the Flyknit Lunar 1, and those got a Supreme collab--if only these received the same treatment, I would be in for three or four pairs!

Question, as I've been away from this thread for over a year now. I got the first platinum colorway of the Epic Reacts that pre-released on the Nike+ app last year, and they remain my favorite current sneaker. However, since then I haven't bought a single additional pair because I haven't seen any collaborations that particularly interest me. I'm thinking about getting a pair of the PSG IDs, but I was wondering if there's anything forthcoming this year that I might hold out for.

The last shoe I liked this much was the Flyknit Lunar 1, and those got a Supreme collab--if only these received the same treatment, I would be in for three or four pairs!
Why does it need to be a collab? Why not just a regular colourway?

Why does it need to be a collab? Why not just a regular colourway?
It could be a regular colorway, particularly if there's some good storytelling around it. Any suggestions of forthcoming colorways?

The ones I found most interesting were the Paris pair and the Belgiums. The run club collab was also decent, but nothing has quite stoked my desire, which I find disappointing. (I can’t really consider the Dusk to Dawn pair, given how limited they were.) Like, I think this is a really, really good shoe and yet most collabs are going to retros from 20-30 years ago that I could never run in.

Last edited:
Those of you who use them for running, do you recommend them or are they flimsy like flyknits?
Odyssey 1s or odyssey shields are a little less flexy and those can be got really cheap now.
I still really like spiridons, but Pegasus 35s are my go to until I. An find another pair of those.

They are solid for running but if your just an average runner doing a couple miles a week, I would just go with the Pegasus.
I'm curious to know why. I find the fit of the Pegasus to be rather particular--they never really worked for me, unfortunately. The Epic Reacts, for me, are a great all around shoe, as long as the weather is dry. I can walk or run pretty much any distance in them, which makes them a perfect single shoe for travel, IMO.

tempted to make some ID phantom reacts that look like griffeys

anyone else done this?

Those of you who use them for running, do you recommend them or are they flimsy like flyknits?
My running rotation used to be pegasus, zoom fly, epic react 1... now it is just 3 pairs of laceless epic react 2's. So yeah, I like them for running... a lot. They are the most versatile runners I've found. Whether heel, mid foot, fore foot strike, whether slow, med, fast pace, whether 5K, 10K, HM, Marathon distances, they just work.

If you are looking for a collab, the PSGs are pretty schweet... I love the ER2 IDs

Dayum, Gainn... it's raining IDs. That teal is beau - looks more blue and less green than in online build tool. Love the color wear pads on black insoles. I am soooo close to pulling the trigger on a teal CW.
It's really hard to get the actual colour inside.. With a flash it's closer..
20190528_150351.jpg

I used the reflective violet on the other pair and I'm not sure I really like it.. It's just a little bit too reflective and appears really light..
The knit on those is very dark.. Not much anthracite at all, so I guess there's some variation in the uppers.

Back
Top Bottom