Nike PG 2

Good luck fellas. We'll know by tonight right? I actually wanted to try on a pair of the Palmdales for the fit but of course they didn't have my size haha.

might be the angle

Thought so at first, but you can see other areas that are off. My pair was the same way.

nikepg2.jpg

But hey, they're $110 and it doesn't affect the fit. Just a minor blip on the OCD meter.

Did anybody check their Nike store to see if they did the draw even though they didn't announce it on Twitter they were?

so my first thoughts on the PG2:

- Palmdale CW looks awesome
- fit is TTS
- longer (more toe room) than the PG1, which is good because IMO the PG1 ran short
- still snug, so wide footers will want to try these on first
- slightly stiffer than the PG1
- forefoot Zoom air is exceptional...very bouncy

You're a size 14 or thereabouts, right? Curious, I don’t have a wide foot and they were still snugger than I liked width wise in my TTS and I’m not a widefooter. I was kinda torn. I felt like if they broke in, they’d probably be pretty comfy. However, .5 up, like my PG1s, maybe a tad longer, but weren’t too terribly long either. Opted to go .5 up. I’m sure with longer socks or Elites they’ll be a good snug (I tried on with no shows).

Anway, sorry for drawn out explanation. Curious if any line/model in your experience have varied based on size? I feel in the recent past, a model I cannot seem to remember, seemed to have run more TTS in the larger sizes, while the normal sizes ran more snug.

I was a bit pissed when I saw my Palmdales weren't very well aligned near the adaptive fit and the toe-drag area...but after looking at a bunch of eBay pictures (including Playstations), it seems like it's a common problem.

So common, in fact, that the NDC pics of the okc CW have the same problem :lol:

nikepg2.jpg

I actually was wearing my bait pg1s this week and noticed the same thing

Did the raffle at Nike Chicago. Some dude forgot his password and held up the line for a good 10 minutes. Otherwise, smooth. Not expecting to win, but it would be cool.

You're a size 14 or thereabouts, right? Curious, I don’t have a wide foot and they were still snugger than I liked width wise in my TTS and I’m not a widefooter. I was kinda torn. I felt like if they broke in, they’d probably be pretty comfy. However, .5 up, like my PG1s, maybe a tad longer, but weren’t too terribly long either. Opted to go .5 up. I’m sure with longer socks or Elites they’ll be a good snug (I tried on with no shows).

Anway, sorry for drawn out explanation. Curious if any line/model in your experience have varied based on size? I feel in the recent past, a model I cannot seem to remember, seemed to have run more TTS in the larger sizes, while the normal sizes ran more snug.

Yeah I'm a true 14 and have average/narrow feet. The PG 1 was snug but felt good, except my toes were right at the end. I tried a 15 and it just ruined the overall fit. 14.5 would have been perfect. The PG 2, however, felt snug as well, but had adequate toe room. Plus, once the laces on the 2 were loosened I could feel an instant change in width due to the adaptive fit panels. The strap on the 1 could only tighten (and I can't imagine anyone needing that shoe any tighter in the forefoot).

As for your dilemma...I think you probably made the right move going up .5 size. I would always go bigger, because you can work with that whereas small shoes really can't be resolved. I think if you had loosened the laces on your true size it might have felt better, but thicker socks might negate that.

Almost every shoe I've ever sized up on has been due to feeling "short" in length (not enough space for my toes). The ONLY shoes I've sized up on due to width were Kobe 7s, KD 4s, and Lebron 9s. I also size up in foams, but again...that's because they're too short. The most recent shoe that's given me a headache is the Kyrie 4. Really could use a 14.5 on that one.

Back
Top Bottom