Nike PG 1

Then why does it matter if the review is late? I know that having 4 colorways released meant it has been out a while, still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't matter much if the review is late.

But really, lets look at the release of the PG1s. The Shinings came out on February and KG didn't test that out and probably didn't get it because it was limited? One of the shoes they are testing is the black ice which came out this month and the other is the obsidians which came out last month. It hasn't even been 2 months since the shoe they are reviewing came out (obsidians came out March 3/4?) but people really feel entitled that the review should come sooner?

They don't always get shoes early and they've been busy (been to Eastbay warehouse and UA studios) and if they do not get any of those early then they have to take longer to review them.

Again do you prefer they play in/test them for weeks or so it like SB and do an overnight test then a review the next day?

I just don't see the knock on them doing a review a little late compared to the others, you are putting too much emphasis on their reviews if it's your deciding factor in the purchase and as I said, the shoes are sitting so buy them now.

You pretty much called their late reviews "pointless" because they didn't get to tell you that the shoes are worth buying then?

Then agree that you got to try the shoes yourself anyways and say "we know this" but your comments contradicts it.

Who cares if the vids are "less anticipated" :lol: its a review on the shoes and if you valued their opinion then just wait, again the shoes are sitting so buy them now?

As you agreed on, it has to be tried on yourself so buy them from NDC and you got 30 days to try them yourself and return if you're not satisfied.

Some of these comments are ridiculous, reviews are pointless because they are late and they didn't tell you whether the shoe should be bought or not and now the anticipation is lessened :rofl:

First PG1 was released in February, it's almost May.

Shoe reviews like reviews of other products are usually given before a product is released to give one factual information about the product and the buyer determines if it's worth buying.

If they dropped a KD 9 shoe review now instead of last summer the review would be pointless.

Many of if not most shoe reviews rated the Kobe AD very poorly, hence many stayed away from the shoe.

If they haven't already, I'm sure you'll be looking forward to a KG review of the Kobe AD.

You are saying the exact same thing as you did before :lol: so I'll do the same since it's like you didn't read my reply

Like I said, Shinings was a "limited" release and came out february and it wasn't what they were reviewing, they were reviewing the obsidians that came out in early march and black ice that came out this month.

Again, I covered this in the quote but you chose to gloss over and ignore it :lol:

That is less than two months since the shoe they were reviewing to releasing their review, not even close to your analogy of releasing a kd9 review a year later when the KD10 sooner than later :rofl:

As I said before, you don't know if they got the shoes early or late and they have been busy on top of that. You rather they not release a review at all? What if they've been testing it between their trips? Just waste those time because YOU deem it pointless at this point and not post the review?

:rofl:

Again, what is this self-entitlement like KG owes you anything so they should post their reviews earlier or else forget about it if several colorways already came out :lol:

The reviews isn't just for you or anyone so they could decide to buy the shoe before it even releases.

Hell I still see HyperRevs 2016s in the outlets and it was useful to go back on almost-year-old reviews to see what they thought of it and mostly because I was curious if we had the same experience. And actually, if KG is my only trusted reviewer, yes I will wait for their review for a few months and maybe even a year if I trust them that much, I mean why not? KD9s are in the outlets these days for less than $100, if I bought them upon release because I put these guys's words on a pedestal then I would have paid retail.

And many did not buy Kobe ADs because Kobe retired and the shoe is just bad performance-wise for most people, not just base on the reviewers but many NTers attested to it.

Don't put too much emphasis on the words of these reviewers on youtube, watch for the tech and info and fit and to compare and for the vid of the shoe in motion but that should not be the deciding factor and how they look but in the end buy what you like.

BUY WHAT YOU LIKE, SIMPLE AS THAT.

Last edited:
lookin for some new basketball shoes. either going with the KD9 Elites, PG1 or Kobe AD.

anyone have experience in more than 1 of the three and can give me comparisons and best option recommendation?

Last edited:
You are saying the exact same thing as you did before :lol: so I'll do the same since it's like you didn't read my reply

Like I said, Shinings was a "limited" release and came out february and it wasn't what they were reviewing, they were reviewing the obsidians that came out in early march and black ice that came out this month.

Again, I covered this in the quote but you chose to gloss over and ignore it :lol:

That is less than two months since the shoe they were reviewing to releasing their review, not even close to your analogy of releasing a kd9 review a year later when the KD10 sooner than later :rofl:

As I said before, you don't know if they got the shoes early or late and they have been busy on top of that. You rather they not release a review at all? What if they've been testing it between their trips? Just waste those time because YOU deem it pointless at this point and not post the review?

Again, what is this self-entitlement like KG owes you anything so they should post their reviews earlier or else forget about it if several colorways already came out :lol:

The reviews isn't just for you or anyone so they could decide to buy the shoe before it even releases.

Hell I still see HyperRevs 2016s in the outlets and it was useful to go back on almost-year-old reviews to see what they thought of it and mostly because I was curious if we had the same experience. And actually, if KG is my only trusted reviewer, yes I will wait for their review for a few months and maybe even a year if I trust them that much, I mean why not? KD9s are in the outlets these days for less than $100, if I bought them upon release because I put these guys's words on a pedestal then I would have paid retail.

And many did not buy Kobe ADs because Kobe retired and the shoe is just bad performance-wise for most people, not just base on the reviewers but many NTers attested to it.

Don't put too much emphasis on the words of these reviewers on youtube, watch for the tech and info and fit and to compare and for the vid of the shoe in motion but that should not be the deciding factor and how they look but in the end buy what you like.

I said the "Same Things" because the same answers apply. I won't keep typing because I'll be typing the same things again in attempts to get you to understand, you don't so we'll leave it at that.

I do buy what I like, when purchasing basketball shoes it's nice to know a take on the shoe before purchasing it so that we don't have to waste time or money.

I order the majority of my shoes online so when most reviewers say "Half size down" I take the advice. Such as on the Lillard 2's and 3's.

Regarding Kobe AD's, reviewers called them trash and the people here saw the early reviews and then found out themselves when they bought them. After hearing the shoe wasn't good performance wise I was no longer interested.

Basically, many value their opinions and it would be nice to get early reviews like they did in the past. I'm well aware that they're growing and things change.

Regarding Kobe AD's, reviewers called them trash and the people here saw the early reviews and then found out themselves when they bought them.

so reviewers said they were bad, viewers bought them anyways and found out themselves so you concluded in the other post that people didn't buy AD because they were just reviewed by those yt'ers badly?

Many of if not most shoe reviews rated the Kobe AD very poorly, hence many stayed away from the shoe.

so you're either saying reviewers influenced it's lack of sale or the reviews didn't matter because people still bought them anyways?

you're as consistent as solebrothers :rofl:

I don't understand what you're typing mainly because it makes little to no sense and retyping the same thing obviously isn't going to change my mind because it's the same thing I am arguing against :rofl:

Last edited:
Then why does it matter if the review is late? I know that having 4 colorways released meant it has been out a while, still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't matter much if the review is late.

But really, lets look at the release of the PG1s. The Shinings came out on February and KG didn't test that out and probably didn't get it because it was limited? One of the shoes they are testing is the black ice which came out this month and the other is the obsidians which came out last month. It hasn't even been 2 months since the shoe they are reviewing came out (obsidians came out March 3/4?) but people really feel entitled that the review should come sooner?

They don't always get shoes early and they've been busy (been to Eastbay warehouse and UA studios) and if they do not get any of those early then they have to take longer to review them.

Again do you prefer they play in/test them for weeks or so it like SB and do an overnight test then a review the next day?

I just don't see the knock on them doing a review a little late compared to the others, you are putting too much emphasis on their reviews if it's your deciding factor in the purchase and as I said, the shoes are sitting so buy them now.

You pretty much called their late reviews "pointless" because they didn't get to tell you that the shoes are worth buying then?

Then agree that you got to try the shoes yourself anyways and say "we know this" but your comments contradicts it.

Who cares if the vids are "less anticipated" :lol: its a review on the shoes and if you valued their opinion then just wait, again the shoes are sitting so buy them now?

As you agreed on, it has to be tried on yourself so buy them from NDC and you got 30 days to try them yourself and return if you're not satisfied.

Some of these comments are ridiculous, reviews are pointless because they are late and they didn't tell you whether the shoe should be bought or not and now the anticipation is lessened :rofl:

so reviewers said they were bad, viewers bought them anyways and found out themselves so you concluded in the other post that people didn't buy AD because they were just reviewed by those yt'ers badly?
so you're either saying reviewers influenced it's lack of sale or the reviews didn't matter because people still bought them anyways?

you're as consistent as solebrothers :rofl:

I don't understand what you're typing mainly because it makes little to no sense and retyping the same thing obviously isn't going to change my mind because it's the same thing I am arguing against :rofl:

get a job, bro.

you're as consistent as solebrothers
roll.gif

I don't understand what you're typing mainly because it makes little to no sense and retyping the same thing obviously isn't going to change my mind because it's the same thing I am arguing against
roll.gif
I like the context in which you take things out of, it's kinda cute and almost amusing. 
roll.gif

I said "Almost". 
ohwell.gif

Reviewers said the show was trash, that doesn't mean no person in life is going to buy them. Also doens't mean that every person who saw the review isn't going to buy them. It did mean that I wasn't going to buy them. 

Your thinking is like the solebrothers "Squeak Test", pointless 
roll.gif
roll.gif

We're done chatting 

lookin for some new basketball shoes. either going with the KD9 Elites, PG1 or Kobe AD.

anyone have experience in more than 1 of the three and can give me comparisons and best option recommendation?
Don't have the Kobe AD but I do have and played in both the KD9 Elites and the PG1. 

Keep in mind "Every" foot is different. Elites hurt my foot and had to go back, the regular 9's were great and I played in them yesterday. PG1's I played in on Monday and will play in them again today. 

PG1's are an all around good basketball shoe and I forgot I had them on. Grip was good, lockdown was good and there were no issues. Both are good shoes and if you can try them on then go for it. 

you definitely implied that these reviewers have so much clout that it affects so many sales hence the argument on it being a late review and why it matters

of course it doesn't mean no one is going to buy them but that was beside the point, it's the amount of weight you put on their reviews and how you say it is now pointless because they released a review of a shoe that is less than two months old

but yah at this point we are just at an impasse, i guess...

Last edited:

anyone have experience in more than 1 of the three and can give me comparisons and best option recommendation?[/quote
you definitely implied that these reviewers have so much clout that it affects so many sales hence the argument on it being a late review and why it matters

of course it doesn't mean no one is going to buy them but that was beside the point, it's the amount of weight you put on their reviews and how you say it is now pointless because they released a review of a shoe that is less than two months old

but yah at this point we are just at an impasse, i guess...

I guess I meant it was pointless to "Me" and I should've stated that. No the sneaker market isn't hanging onto their reviews but I looked forward to them reviewing the shoes early so that I could determine if it was a shoe worth getting.

As I believe you said, sometimes it's best to try shoes out for oneself because they didn't like the Jordan 30's but they're a great shoe to me.

Last edited:
understandable and props for a rather mature discussion

Props to you too.

After our conversations I realized you do point, reviews rather early or late do serve a purpose. I like them early to determine if they're worth buying. In hindsight, if a shoe goes on sale that I wasn't thinking about getting I'll go look at past reviews to see if it's now worth getting.

Don't have the Kobe AD but I do have and played in both the KD9 Elites and the PG1. 

Keep in mind "Every" foot is different. Elites hurt my foot and had to go back, the regular 9's were great and I played in them yesterday. PG1's I played in on Monday and will play in them again today. 

PG1's are an all around good basketball shoe and I forgot I had them on. Grip was good, lockdown was good and there were no issues. Both are good shoes and if you can try them on then go for it. 

thanks.

im going to need to go to a store to find the right size so ill just try them on.

havent really heard a bad thing about PG1s and the price point is phenomenal.

Do these fit anywhere close to the KD 9? Narrow forefoot?
they are tighter on the toe/midfoot area compared to the kd 9 for me. 

KG used to be the best hands down.. but ever since Tre started his other channel and stopped hooping.. they fell off hard. Sole Brothers aren't very informative and seem to just wing it on everything instead of putting some actual thought into their content. Nightwing is very informative but his game is kinda weak and I can't really see him putting the shoe to the test. Jahron is a good player but he got kinda emotional when his AD's sole ripped and it seemed to kinda take away from his objectivity of the review which wasn't a good look imo. Foamer and Young Buckets are basically the only one's left in the game that provide quality reviews these days. That's my take on it anyways.. and if I hear SoleBrother's talk about the superiority of solid outsoles to translucent outsoles one more time.... we get it.  /end
why are the solid outsoles better. would you stick to solid outsoles only for making iDs then?

To be honest you m always gonna be a KickGenius fan, but My favorite reviews recently have come from Jahronmon. He can actually hoop and gives an in depth performance review. Plus the videos are well edited and good quality.

Last edited:
Since there's not much PG1 news to derail,  I'll toss in my last two cents on the shoetuber thing:

KG used to have great performance reviews, but it's obvious that they've outgrown it (they're still really young) and while Jay is obviously a really nice guy, Tre runs the show and he puts out a bad vibe of being insincere and elitist. I particularly hate how he dismisses questions in their Q&As that are obviously written from young kids (12-15). He's resorted to doing reaction videos, and the filming of anything of substance has been outsourced to a professional videographer. And it may sound petty but every other word out of Tre's mouth is the n-word.

Foamer Simpson is a good guy and while their new style of videos could use some fat-trimming (which won't happen, 10+ minute video = more money), I like that they're trying something different and he's including his brother more in front of the camera. Plus, they're actually (past their prime) professional hoopers and while they don't do many performance reviews, when they do they're really good. Sounds like they have something up their sleeve either with USA basketball or a foreign team, so that should be cool to watch.

Nightwing is a grown man with a family, day job, website, and bad knees. But he still puts out the most consistent and thorough content. He has genuine love for basketball and sneakers, and takes the time to educate himself before speaking. He also does a good job trying to teach younger viewers to think for themselves.

Jahronmon is intelligent and puts out sharp videos, but he's hindered by thin-skin and a confrontational attitude.

Sole Brothers rarely put any thought or research into their videos. They don't know the tech. They're confusing. They talk about how crappy the traction is on a shoe, then rate it a "7." They put on a shoe that fits 90% of the population TTS and then tell kids to go down half a size. They contradict themselves within each video. Then there's the filler crap like replica reviews, playing basketball in bare feet, and taking photos from a Chinese site that cuts shoes apart and passing it off like it was their idea.

But, they all have one thing in common...they like the PG1.

Since there's not much PG1 news to derail,  I'll toss in my last two cents on the shoetuber thing:

KG used to have great performance reviews, but it's obvious that they've outgrown it (they're still really young) and while Jay is obviously a really nice guy, Tre runs the show and he puts out a bad vibe of being insincere and elitist. I particularly hate how he dismisses questions in their Q&As that are obviously written from young kids (12-15). He's resorted to doing reaction videos, and the filming of anything of substance has been outsourced to a professional videographer. And it may sound petty but every other word out of Tre's mouth is the n-word.

Foamer Simpson is a good guy and while their new style of videos could use some fat-trimming (which won't happen, 10+ minute video = more money), I like that they're trying something different and he's including his brother more in front of the camera. Plus, they're actually (past their prime) professional hoopers and while they don't do many performance reviews, when they do they're really good. Sounds like they have something up their sleeve either with USA basketball or a foreign team, so that should be cool to watch.

Nightwing is a grown man with a family, day job, website, and bad knees. But he still puts out the most consistent and thorough content. He has genuine love for basketball and sneakers, and takes the time to educate himself before speaking. He also does a good job trying to teach younger viewers to think for themselves.

Jahronmon is intelligent and puts out sharp videos, but he's hindered by thin-skin and a confrontational attitude.

Sole Brothers rarely put any thought or research into their videos. They don't know the tech. They're confusing. They talk about how crappy the traction is on a shoe, then rate it a "7." They put on a shoe that fits 90% of the population TTS and then tell kids to go down half a size. They contradict themselves within each video. Then there's the filler crap like replica reviews, playing basketball in bare feet, and taking photos from a Chinese site that cuts shoes apart and passing it off like it was their idea.

But, they all have one thing in common...they like the PG1.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Regarding KG, lets say for example one of them became your personal gym trainer.

J Jones is the type of guy who when you struggle, he really wants you to get better.

Tre is the type of guy who when you struggle, he'll tell you he wants you to get better but then laughs about how bad you are to his friends. 

Last edited:

those guys pump out vids like 2-3 times a day, they make a vid for anything and everything that pops in their head

Still on the fence on these, I love the look so much but they're kinda narrow and most importantly don't have much cushion...wish more shoes had the full length zoom setup, Adidas has been getting better with their cushion setups with the majority of their shoes ugh.

Still on the fence on these, I love the look so much but they're kinda narrow and most importantly don't have much cushion...wish more shoes had the full length zoom setup, Adidas has been getting better with their cushion setups with the majority of their shoes ugh.
I returned my PG's and wear CE low primeknit and Harden vol1 on court now. PG's felt good but for exactly what you said they weren't for me for long runs.

Saw Bait's locally for 89 so isn't much risk to try out tho.

On the issue of getting the reviews out late - to be honest, we used to get seeded a TON more than we do now on weartesters.com. Some companies don't like our opinions, some don't think know they need a shoe reviewed, some just send sigs. Adidas used to send all team shoes and sigs, but since they are hot now they don't. So we have to buy them early from overseas if we want an early review. Not always financially feasible.

And I now am even more glad I don't do video reviews - my words are better written, I'll still kill you on court, but if you think NW is old...

I returned my PG's and wear CE low primeknit and Harden vol1 on court now. PG's felt good but for exactly what you said they weren't for me for long runs.

Saw Bait's locally for 89 so isn't much risk to try out tho.
I just need that cushion, most likely gonna wait for the KD10s for my next ball shoe, for now I'll stick with the Kobe 11 Elite/Em with full length zoom setup which isn't too bad but not as good as the 9s to me.

Back
Top Bottom