Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I'm re-watching the 2011 Finals and the quality of these jerseys seem to beat what Nike makes nowadays:

w640xh480_GettyImages-116763841.jpg
Those fit like a dress for most those.

What size do y’all go with for authentics vs. swingmans?

I take a large in swingmans and not sure if I should grab a 44 (medium) or 48 (large) in the authentic. I normally layer a thin long sleeve underneath but occasionally a hoodie. Large seems better for layering.

similar to the swingman, I’m the same way, large better for layering but medium works for not layering. I’m slim though

I can fit a 40 super fitted, 44 fitted and a 48 loose / good for layering hoodies.

Current swingman are similar to the authentic length wise. The main difference is the arm holes. Swingman armholes are much smaller so sizing comes into play there

Need help from the og heads:

I recently scored a 2003 “8403” pinstripe MJ (although not particularly rare or exclusive by any means… I just haven’t been able to find this version in a 40) I’ve never really cared for the Champion version… but this one is nice.

E7238DEC-421A-4950-B841-6AADC147F221.jpeg

FF203D0E-6E42-4C40-AF0E-2ED7FD4ECFFD.jpeg
E5EE4126-9618-4F30-87EC-64025316049D.jpeg

Which jersey from the 8403 set am I missing? I know there’s a 45, but not sure if it came in both white AND red? Does anyone have any leads to help complete the set?

Bonus: All my MJs

FEFBA2F4-A226-4B18-A486-DF34AE0E0A67.jpeg
i remember this series. i was a broke high school kid so i only had the pinstripe one. i think you got all of them but tbh when you could barely afford one at the time, you don’t really pay attention to the all the others 😅

i remember this series. i was a broke high school kid so i only had the pinstripe one. i think you got all of them but tbh when you could barely afford one at the time, you don’t really pay attention to the all the others 😅

lol same. at the time I could only afford the swingmans... I think I was a sophomore... I remember arriving right before Finish Line opened and an older head was surprised I wasn't there to buy any of the authentics

I think i'm missing the white #45.... but is there a red 8403 version too?

Maybe an old man yells at cloud take but I don’t disagree

been saying since they took over that any yearly rotation type thing with uniforms is trash

home, road, and alternates are all that’s needed

nike will never pull back those bc every single new jersey sells

Maybe an old man yells at cloud take but I don’t disagree

Can't agree more. I can accept teams introducing a few extra jerseys for special occasions like Christmas, but I draw the line at changing team colours. When I turn games on nowadays sometimes it takes me a few moments to see who the hell are playing.

Can't agree more. I can accept teams introducing a few extra jerseys for special occasions like Christmas, but I draw the line at changing team colours. When I turn games on nowadays sometimes it takes me a few moments to see who the hell are playing.
i was watching wolves/suns and the suns were wearing aqua blue jerseys. the wolves were wearing white and black. neither team had a single legacy color on their uniforms.

they need to make a secondary statement alternate jersey that they can wear for multiple seasons. For example Lakers Hollywood Nights, Warriors Chinese New Year, Bulls St Patty's. would help prevent wild colors and designers getting desperate from running out of ideas.

miami for example could have spent 2 years each on their white, blue, pink, black vice jerseys. that alone covers 8 years and we never would have witnessed those atrocious mashup jerseys yet

this year's city editions are making me miss the adidas rev30 era more and more for sure tho

bc 90% of them are trash and they don’t even make authentics 99% of the time

Whether or not the city edition jerseys are trash is subjective.

Secondly, that "they don’t even make authentics 99% of the time" is a bold face LIE. This year alone, 18 of the new 29 versions of authentics were/are available to purchase. If you was in this thread, you would have seen multiple posts with links to purchase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom