Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I feel you, there is abosultely a big crowd that is turned off by the patches. And I have seen the turn in here. I was just saying I like logos and was always in:smokin
The turn happens with a bunch of stuff drisk. The turn itself is never the *head scratcher*...is the denial of the turn that's confusing.

No offense to anyone. My apologies if I offended.

The patches look pretty decent and "on court authentic" is "on court authentic".

Just took a minute to get adjusted to the look for some...and that's ok.

No idea how Nike botched the authentics for the LAKERS of all teams. I get it for a small market.....but the Lakers? :lol:

Reactions: MVP
Caved in and ordered a Rubio Jersey on fanatics. Kept sending me email reminders about the sale and they got me.

Went to the Kings Team Store to buy a jersey. Ended up meeting Harry Giles' father. He didn't tell me he was, he just said that Giles was gonna be #1 some day and that I should buy a Giles jersey.. I didn't realize it was his father until someone working there had told me lmao

Quality and fit feels great for a swingman, thicker than the last run of adidas swingmans

Not at all. There’s always “that guy” that likes to make umbrella posts like yours.

As long as there are admins that hand out slaps on the hand, bans etc for snarky combative posts then do the same thing...there will always be "that guy" that makes what you call an umbrella post like mine.

As long as there are admins that hand out slaps on the hand, bans etc for snarky combative posts then do the same thing...there will always be "that guy" that makes what you call an umbrella post like mine.
Pulled the admin card :lol:

You already know your post was trying to start something out of nothing. It’s like people are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

If people that don’t like the sponsors just kept complaining then it’s beating a dead horse. If they just say their peace (like they did when ads were first posted) then it’s a turn that happened.

Pulled the admin card :lol:

You already know your post was trying to start something out of nothing. It’s like people are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

If people that don’t like the sponsors just kept complaining then it’s beating a dead horse. If they just say their peace (like they did when ads were first posted) then it’s a turn that happened.
Actually it was an observation based on what I've seen in this thread and in other discussions on other platforms.

And even then, I apologized to anyone that could have been offended by it. So, with that said, there's no way I was trying to start anything with anyone. I mean this is NT...nobody apologizes, ever.

It's not beating a dead horse if you actually have a choice. You can buy a retail authentic with the patch AND you can buy a retail authentic without the patch.

To notice that alot of folks disliked the patch idea and then prefer to have a jersey with the patch as opposed to without when both are available (authentic) is like being a Cavs fan, hating lebron, loving wade and buying a LBJ anyway when a wade is in stock.

In the end, either way, no biggie. My bad homie. You got it.

Actually it was an observation based on what I've seen in this thread and in other discussions on other platforms.

And even then, I apologized to anyone that could have been offended by it. So, with that said, there's no way I was trying to start anything with anyone. I mean this is NT...nobody apologizes, ever.

It's not beating a dead horse if you actually have a choice. You can buy a retail authentic with the patch AND you can buy a retail authentic without the patch.

To notice that alot of folks disliked the patch idea and then prefer to have a jersey with the patch as opposed to without when both are available (authentic) is like being a Cavs fan, hating lebron, loving wade and buying a LBJ anyway when a wade is in stock.

In the end, either way, no biggie. My bad homie. You got it.

We probably have different observations then.
What I observed is that people do like the Nike check and they don’t like the Nike check.
They do like the ads, they don’t like the ads, and some don’t like the ads but are buying the jerseys with ads because it’s more accurate to what the players will be wearing.

I also didn’t think this thread was popping like that to be saying a turn even happened.

Differences of opinions I guess.

I see no problem with people wanting jersey with an ad now since it’s what the players will wear on court.

If you’re buying an authentic for the most part you want exactly what the players wear. I’ll prob prefer an authentic with patch even though I don’t care about ads

Quick question guys, maybe its been answered.

If I order an authentic Lebron James jersey from Nike, will it have the good year tire logo?

Wouldn't be an issue, just curious.

If the knicks get a logo I hope it's just the chase octogon without chase being written. It would look ok.

Thank you

Anytime. Just a note, you will notice they don't have authentics on the site. They released on Friday and sold out by the end of the day. They should be restocking soon though. They have swingmans left in the meantime.

I think the patch or no patch thing is more about us wanting what we can't have. Nature of the beast. If it's only available in team stores, there's a perceived rareness. On top of it being closest to what's worn on the court, it's a no brainer.

I personally hate it but would only want a true authentic. Same with what new era did on mlb on field hats. I hate the side flag but if I'm looking at playoff caps, I would still want to 100% to spec.

If the patched versions were the only thing available, Wed be crying too about corporate greed. Now that it's not, it still feels like the nba is slighting us. If there was an equal amount available everywhere, I think that would solve this. People like choices, and right now, a team only patch jersey isnt giving everyone equal footing

Last edited:
Went to the Kings Team Store to buy a jersey. Ended up meeting Harry Giles' father. He didn't tell me he was, he just said that Giles was gonna be #1 some day and that I should buy a Giles jersey.. I didn't realize it was his father until someone working there had told me lmao

Quality and fit feels great for a swingman, thicker than the last run of adidas swingmans

That's pretty cool, I went after 1pm and thought the same thing. The swingman jerseys are great but the shorter cut is still a little weird imo. Noticed everything was a little bit more expensive than the Fanatics website. About $5 higher than the site but I still bought practice shorts and the grey practice t-shirt. The Therma Flex Zip Up Hoodie is really nice but not $150 nice, I'll wait for a Black Friday or 30% off sale. Pretty awesome you met Giles' father, hoping he stays injury free and has a great career.

still not a fan of most the patches, but I think the Cavs jersey actually looks pretty dope w/ the Goodyear patch. it just works for some odd reason :lol:

Quick question guys, maybe its been answered.

If I order an authentic Lebron James jersey from Nike, will it have the good year tire logo?

Wouldn't be an issue, just curious.

no. nike doesn't put on the ads, the teams do in-house

still not a fan of most the patches, but I think the Cavs jersey actually looks pretty dope w/ the Goodyear patch. it just works for some odd reason :lol:
It's because it looks like the highflyer icon in NBA 2k or whatever that icon with the fast shoe is lmao.

Back
Top Bottom