NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

How the hell are those the Metcon 2's? The green pair from the last page, Nike was stretching it moving the Swoosh and keeping the body the same but this is the exact same shoe unless im missing the joke.

How the hell are those the Metcon 2's? The green pair from the last page, Nike was stretching it moving the Swoosh and keeping the body the same but this is the exact same shoe unless im missing the joke.

Def not the exact same shoe. Small subtle differences. Very similar but they are different.

Def not the exact same shoe. Small subtle differences. Very similar but they are different.
What?? its DEFINITELY not the same shoe but only has small subtle differences? Lol man its the same damn shoe basically. 

So what performance advantage is the plate in the heel supposed to offer? More rigidity for Olympic movements?

They should just be the metcon 1.5 or something.

Last edited:
What?? its DEFINITELY not the same shoe but only has small subtle differences? Lol man its the same damn shoe basically. 

Its like the EXT Lebrons or Kobe Elites. No reason Nike shoudve named these the 2. If it aint broke done fix it but this is just laziness on Nikes part.

So what performance advantage is the plate in the heel supposed to offer? More rigidity for Olympic movements?

It's not a plate. It's to prevent the heel from peeling away from the shoe, a somewhat common problem with the 1s (I have a pair doing it). Imagine doing a handstand pushup and your heel sliding up and down on the wall, that little plate should prevent the heel from flopping around down the road, lol.

I think y'all are way too worried about the numbers on these shoes. The first version was a GREAT shoe and did well, why reinvent the wheel? A big change might actually make the shoe worse. Also, the difference between the nano 3 and 4 were pretty minimal. As long as the swoosh stays where it is, I'm fine :tongue:

Matt Frasier posted a "whats in the bag" video and he had a pair of red metcon 2's in there and the swooshes were in the same spot as the green ones. And looked to have the same mesh pattern where the outside panel of the shoe was like first version and the inside now has those ribs which i assume is to help with grip during rope climbs.  

Im looking forward to getting a pair.  

Last edited:
I think at the least we deserve a color blocking change. Like why are they still chopped into the same color regions. Was heel slippage addressed? Maybe change the liner material to fix it or mod the heel counter or have a higher heel?

Maybe put an inner bootie in or something for lock down. Maybe a neoprene liner inner that extends a bit like some of their indoor soccer shoes to help with lock down. I don't know how anyone else felt but maybe they chould mod the sole a bit. MAybe get some flex groves in the fore foot. They are clunky to run in. I know that might effect the "grounded" feel they have but maybe its possible.

Just some BS ideas they could have thrown at the metcon 2. My biggest disappointment is the color blocking seems to be the same.

I think the main purpose for the plastic heel piece is to minimalize friction when doing handstand push-ups.

Last edited:
Exactly my point, the colorblocking coudve been changed, hell the swoosh placement beng different could have been fine, but the same cuts and stuff? Cmon Nike. This is not a 2.

Josh bridges said the 2s were pretty much the same as the 1s with A wider toebox, and smaller swoosh on the inside. And a few minor tweaks.

Nike was already lazy when they just tweaked the Kobes to make the metcon 1, now they got extra lazy with the 2 lol

yeah, pretty disappointing. give me the all black with volt accents and I'll be done until theres a different design

If the 2's have a wider toe box I may need to just stock up on the 1's... Hopefully they'll give the custom ID option soon.

We get it, its a great shoe. But theres no reason to brand this the 2. They coudve made it the "EXT" or "Elite" version as they do with some shoes in the Nike Basketball line.

For me Elite-versions often tend to be "higher end" versions of a shoe, football, basket ball etc. Like the Nike Tiempo Air Legend 4 some years ago, they came in a Elite version and they were the exact same shoe as the regular version only that they've added Flywire and a carbon fiber sole. So calling the Metcon 2s for Metcon Elites I personally think would be to trick the costumer, its a simular shoe, with some changes, no new flashy materials other than the plastic on the heel, Metcon 2 works[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

For me Elite-versions often tend to be "higher end" versions of a shoe, football, basket ball etc. Like the Nike Tiempo Air Legend 4 some years ago, they came in a Elite version and they were the exact same shoe as the regular version only that they've added Flywire and a carbon fiber sole. So calling the Metcon 2s for Metcon Elites I personally think would be to trick the costumer, its a simular shoe, with some changes, no new flashy materials other than the plastic on the heel, Metcon 2 works[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Nah b. Everyone complains how the Kobe line looks similar, the Pegasus 31/32 look almost the same, etc but these are literally the same shoe with different materials and a couple minor tweaks. Its the Metcon that shoudve came out basically, they shoudve changed t aesthetically 100%. People are gonna ask what the hell is so different about it and its going to get COUNTLESS about it. THAT, is tricking the consumer. Remember, NT is a small board compared to the thousands using the shoe, not everything knows or can tell the minute differences.

Back
Top Bottom