Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

You need to read what you wrote and realize how crazy you sound.

It’s not that serious wtf, crybabies.

Na, I know what I wrote. I'm just not like most people who are eager for their next fix (release of a hot Hypebeast shoe). All I ask (and I'm not alone) is for a shoe that a bunch of people that have waited for, for decades to return, have an actual fair shot at a pair. With TS used to hype these, we know what's gonna happen. All the little Hypebeasts are gonna grab them to make their quick $20-30 flip. 😒

And you're right, it isn't that serious. It's why I really don't care about 99% of releases anymore because it's all ******** now. So glad I sold the majority of my collection (135 pairs) because the hobby isn't what it once was. But you do you and keep making fun of those who want a pair but are sure to strike out. 👎 FOH bully!

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Yup, a badass bully, that's all he is! I'd be shocked if he's older than 21 with his opinion about these! Probably has no bleeping clue who John McEnroe even is or actually saw him play (like some of us old heads did, in person).

If they released this shoe with no Travis, and they sit, yall would clown and be like why did Nike release this trash these are bricks.
That’s the new generation for you. Actually, there are people that know the classics and don’t care about if a shoe will be hyped or create profit. They just want the shoe because of the history and memories attached to it…but go on, Red Raider. 👏🏻

Yup, a badass bully, that's all he is! I'd be shocked if he's older than 21 with his opinion about these! Probably has no bleeping clue who John McEnroe even is or actually saw him play (like some of us old heads did, in person).

21!? I wish 😁

I’ll just say I was born in the early 80s but I’m not a soft snowflake like some of yall, let the new kids live, you old cranky gatekeeping grandpas 👴🏻

IMG_3223.gif

Don't be quick to write off the release of McEnroe inspired clothing.

We still don't know what is scheduled to be released for the US Open.

And I will say that several of these Mac Attack Sneakers will be dropped during the event.
Oh grand Tennis wizard grant thy information

Super wild take here man. I think you’re confused. Old heads and true fans of the shoe (like most of the people in this thread) would not “clown” if these sat. What makes you think that? That’s what we want actually. Younger hypebeast who only buy shoes that have hype would probably clown and call them “bricks” but that’s because they’re idiot hypebeast lol. No ones being an entitled gatekeeper in here. We all just want to be able to buy the shoe without all the extra hype and nonsense. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Naw yall definitely gatekeeping by tryna say the young kids shouldn’t be coppin because they don’t know the history. And I seen plenty old heads saying Air Max 1s are bricks because they all go on sale. These woulda been no different if Travis wasn’t attached. I’m glad Travis is attached 🔥🔥 keep pumping these old shoes to the new kids I love it 👏👏

I would love to see these take the AT1 route. But I’m. It taking any chances. Got my pair held so I can diddY bop into the shop to scoop.

And muerto at folks thinking that Travis still has influence if it ain’t an AJI or SB dunk

Naw yall definitely gatekeeping by tryna say the young kids shouldn’t be coppin because they don’t know the history. And I seen plenty old heads saying Air Max 1s are bricks because they all go on sale. These woulda been no different if Travis wasn’t attached. I’m glad Travis is attached 🔥🔥 keep pumping these old shoes to the new kids I love it 👏👏
You're so mistaken on this. BTW I'm early 80s man myself.

I've been in this thread and I've not seen any people complain that young kids who don't know the history shouldn't be copping them. Only complaint has been that it will drive resellers to grab a pair for profit. Leaving people who actually want them to wear with a harder chance at copping at retail price. Whatever old heads say a certain shoe is a "brick" just means they don't care for that model. AM1 retroed like 1000s of times since the first one, these have NEVER.

Air Trainer 1s same story, they tried to build hype and it did nothing thankfully and us old heads celebrated they were bricks cuz I got a few under retail. More money to save and get more shoes lol.

Majority of the consumers in the sneaker market are younger than us and don't care for tennis let alone McEnroe so i get why Travis is involved. Plus there are more colors coming so the initial drop has to have the drive to sell the future releases too. It could fail like the AT1 and i hope it does.

I still don't think it'll be easy to cop. These are only coming at sneaker boutiques and few of them already sent them through the backdoor probably. So the number of shoes on release day are probably even less. But I hope I'm wrong.

These aren't just another tennis shoe. In the tennis community, McEnroe is still a big name. There's plenty of people, like myself, who were born a long time after these shoes came out and still want them because we're fans of the sport (or fans of McEnroe.)

Prior to hearing about the release of the Mac Attacks, I had never heard of Travis Scott.

Honestly, I really don't understand his involvement in this reintroduction.

Nike retro is dying a slow death. Nike is doing what they must if they want to save it. In a few years some of these classic kicks will have absolutely no appeal to the younger generation. Many the likes of us would probably retire from this eventually, and unfortunately one day may have to face inevitable of life.

I’m hoping to see more of this honestly. I don’t love it, no. But I get it. A good way to build branches between different generations.

On another note, the broken branches between generations is ugly, smh.

Lol, we know Nike is still banking regardless. But having some of these retros sit has to have them questioning how deep into their retro vault should they go.

They should go deep enough to give us the ATC 4 Marinas and also bring back the ATC 3 again.

I don't care that much about most of their other retros, but those two I really want.

Back
Top Bottom