Nike Lebron 9 Retro

Bro said RETAIL is $260ish after tax, not resale

Point being made was that paying $330 was not that bad for missing out since it's only a $65 dummy tax lol

I cant fade it, but I get the logic
Oh, damn I can’t read sometimes. That makes sense tho

Wasn’t saying that there was a SB8 restock, rather that the stock was very healthy in comparison to Big Bang 9’s.

By restocks, I meant potential future restocks of the Big Bang’s lol.

& my sources are varying, but the general takeaway I’m getting is that SNKRS had somewhere in the ball park of 5000-sub 10k pairs for allocation.

I can’t speak to what the grand total production numbers are;
However, based on allocation for the SNKRS app, and my experience in sneaker retail in the past(I ran a finishline for many years), hearing friends of mine stating that most locations in their respective companies didn’t even receive big bangs, & the ones that did, received in most cases only a single size run. That would indicate to me that these were indeed a limited release.

In my experience, the production numbers tend to run very low on them.
This can obviously vary across cities & states. I’m just going off of my locale, & the trends I’m seeing/being shown.
F4A98B39-604E-44E5-AF89-E540491F488D.jpeg

SNKRS Stock For Friday’s Drop

F4A98B39-604E-44E5-AF89-E540491F488D.jpeg

SNKRS Stock For Friday’s Drop
WOW; that’s even worse than the info I was provided.
Makes me even more happy I copped now rather than later. Thank you for the insight!

Lebrons don’t have a huge resell market save for a few colorways, & given the numbers, I feel this is one of them.

To give more insight to my last post: over the years of working retail and getting stock for releases I noticed that something dosen’t have to say QS or be labeled by blog media as a hyper strike to turn out to be limited as a release(and by extension, having aftermarket prices throttle, long or short term).

For example, Jordan 1 Chicago’s(2015). I’m not gonna cite the pricing a for this, because it’s a OG Jordan 1. Prices were destined to be absurd. But the allocation says a lot about how many shoes are produced vs ACTUAL limited product.

I ran a high volume store towards the mid-end of my retail career. So within FNL I had more product than smaller volume stores. For that release I only received 24 pairs.
NORMAL for a Jordan 1.

Also, every other location of FNL & rival companies In The same mall, in the same locale got at LEAST 1 full size run of them.
So even though the allocation was low for every company, the release of the shoe and availability by extension was wide spread.

Because of this, total production numbers were estimated to be high.

TLDR; when a store gets 1-2 size runs of a shoe. & that shoe dosent pop up ANYWHERE else around you for the MOST part?

You can take that as it being a truly limited release. You could also be in a dry spot in your region, but more often than not, it’s a sign of low production numbers.

Low allocation isn’t the sign itself, low allocation where available PLUS a lower number of locations receiving are the tell all for the most part. In my experience.

WOW; that’s even worse than the info I was provided.
Makes me even more happy I copped now rather than later. Thank you for the insight!

Lebrons don’t have a huge resell market save for a few colorways, & given the numbers, I feel this is one of them.

To give more insight to my last post: over the years of working retail and getting stock for releases I noticed that something dosen’t have to say QS or be labeled by blog media as a hyper strike to turn out to be limited as a release(and by extension, having aftermarket prices throttle, long or short term).

For example, Jordan 1 Chicago’s(2015). I’m not gonna cite the pricing a for this, because it’s a OG Jordan 1. Prices were destined to be absurd. But the allocation says a lot about how many shoes are produced vs ACTUAL limited product.

I ran a high volume store towards the mid-end of my retail career. So within FNL I had more product than smaller volume stores. For that release I only received 24 pairs.
NORMAL for a Jordan 1.

Also, every other location of FNL & rival companies In The same mall, in the same locale got at LEAST 1 full size run of them.
So even though the allocation was low for every company, the release of the shoe and availability by extension was wide spread.

Because of this, total production numbers were estimated to be high.

TLDR; when a store gets 1-2 size runs of a shoe. & that shoe dosent pop up ANYWHERE else around you for the MOST part?

You can take that as it being a truly limited release. You could also be in a dry spot in your region, but more often than not, it’s a sign of low production numbers.

Low allocation isn’t the sign itself, low allocation where available PLUS a lower number of locations receiving are the tell all for the most part. In my experience.
It doesn’t really make sense for nike to make Huge Runs of these right now honestly….they have to have something for down the line when he retires. I look at these as akin to the first jordan retroes except the majority of these arent making it to sales racks.
That chicago 1 release was destined to be a ****show. In my area only 3 stores got them, then nike canceled the online release due to bots lmao. I think nike made more wtt than these wanting to protect the mystique of the colorway whenever they drop it again down the line.

It doesn’t really make sense for nike to make Huge Runs of these right now honestly….they have to have something for down the line when he retires. I look at these as akin to the first jordan retroes except the majority of these arent making it to sales racks.
That chicago 1 release was destined to be a ****show. In my area only 3 stores got them, then nike canceled the online release due to bots lmao. I think nike made more wtt than these wanting to protect the mystique of the colorway whenever they drop it again down the line.
I agree entirely. Something people aren’t taking into account when comparing these to SB8’s(2 of the most popular holy grail lebrons):

1) South Beach 8’s had more GR-esq production numbers and it’s obvious. Nike BLESSED us SB & lebron fans with that.

2) All Star sneakers, this one included, typically have a limited production run. A lot of them can sit and hit discount, yes, but this isn’t because they made a lot, but more so, the waning popularity of Nike Basketball in recent years due to inflation, sneaker design, as well as most “ASG” colorways being straight up *** with very small exception. Proof of this can be seen by reflecting back to the ASG releases the years following the Big Bang’s release.

I actually didn’t cop a single one until ASG Lebron 12’s. Those were fire. And STILL hit discount. Just not to a HUGE markdown.

3) SB8’s VS BB 9’s: the game has changed. so. What would appeal more to a young cat THESE days? A bright turquoise shoe with hits of pink and a sleek but basic design?
Or a more masculine bright orange and damn-near reddish secondary color? With a standout design that pops on foot, especially with more fitted jeans?

The BB is obvious. So lower production numbers, distribution, as well as the trend of the game right now? They likely have more takers than just us OG lebron heads.

They are more likely to see to BB9’s and think “lebrons are trash but THESE go hard! Lemme activate moms card real fast”

I’m still waiting to buy. Demand isn’t there. At least not for sizes 10.5 and lower.

Kids and the hype train don’t want them. Which also means resellers aren’t going to be hoarding pairs either.

You giants should be good with the up charge though. Y’all got the NBA money.

Bro said RETAIL is $260ish after tax, not resale

Point being made was that paying $330 was not that bad for missing out since it's only a $65 dummy tax lol

I cant fade it, but I get the logic

Dinner out for one person is $50-65 now. One time fee on a Big Bang is excusable in my book. I don’t like it but yolo.

1/2 up for me is the elusive 12.5. What's the odds it ever gets below $380 smh. already preparing to spend $300+ for the WTT's in that size

ler
1/2 up for me is the elusive 12.5. What's the odds it ever gets below $380 smh. already preparing to spend $300+ for the WTT's in that size
IDK these big bangs feel much more roomy in than the OG’s.

I didn’t have the same pain i had with these.

Back
Top Bottom