Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

That excuse has its limitations. We have too many children movies out there that hold up to adult expecations.

Into the Spider-Verse is probably the best recent example. Lego Movie is another. Pixar movies are obvious examples.
Certain products are catered to a audience. Those movies u listed have lil Easter eggs for adults. Space jam is strictly catered to kids

Certain products are catered to a audience. Those movies u listed have lil Easter eggs for adults. Space jam is strictly catered to kids

Let me revisit my childhood. As a kid, I still knew Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 was a **** movie. I loved the first one, 2nd one got a little silly but as a kid I knew 3 was trash. That's before I knew what The Godfather was or who Martin Scorsese was. Just an innocent kid with no idea of what a 3 act structure is seeing a kids movie.

So even if something is catered to kids, having a sound narrative and story still matters because kids still recognize a piece of crap when they see it.

Let me revisit my childhood. As a kid, I still knew Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 was a **** movie. I loved the first one, 2nd one got a little silly but as a kid I knew 3 was trash. That's before I knew what The Godfather was or who Martin Scorsese was. Just an innocent kid with no idea of what a 3 act structure is seeing a kids movie.

So even if something is catered to kids, having a sound narrative and story still matters because kids still recognize a piece of crap when they see it.
Everyone knows turtles 3 sucked because it was nothing like the 1st two . Also I will assume you were more mature in 1993 than 1990.

That excuse has its limitations. We have too many children movies out there that hold up to adult expecations.

Into the Spider-Verse is probably the best recent example. Lego Movie is another. Pixar movies are obvious examples.
I agree with this, BUT this had Lebron lead the movie. The plot wasn’t as good as the first but this movie was solid for what it was. All the other movie you mentioned had real actors.

still trying to figure out why Nike did this to us
F57A45BB-D2DF-4F35-A8F0-B4C2E6CF5B50.jpeg

Just finished the movie and I enjoyed it. It is an extended Nike/WB collab commercial tho :lol:. My only gripe is Lebron wasn't playing Lebron at all which took away from his character in the story IMO. Last but not least, I'm sold on the SJ 19's. They looked :pimp: in the film.

Just finished the movie and I enjoyed it. It is an extended Nike/WB collab commercial tho :lol:. My only gripe is Lebron wasn't playing Lebron at all which took away from his character in the story IMO. Last but not least, I'm sold on the SJ 19's. They looked :pimp: in the film.
It was a weird casting choice to not have his actual son and wife play the parts in the movie

It was a weird casting choice to not have his actual son and wife play the parts in the movie

With the way they conveyed lebron compared to what we see from him in glad they didn't now

MJ's family was fake in the original too tho

Yea but MJ was never really public with his family either. Hell, MJ wasn't really it there outside of basketball and commercials

With the way they conveyed lebron compared to what we see from him in glad they didn't now

Yea but MJ was never really public with his family either. Hell, MJ wasn't really it there outside of basketball and commercials
Social media era.

Back
Top Bottom