Nike Lebron 17

It makes me wonder about the comfort and performance for the average person.
I‘m an average person (6’2, 190’s) and the 17’s work just fine for me. It doesn’t matter to me if they’re not “built to the exact specifics...” because I enjoy playing in the pair that I own and that’s not a huge selling point to me. As long as I can look down at my feet and watch a Lakers game and see the same shoe that’s good enough for me. I suppose if I had an issue with it I could sell or return them but it’s just not that serious... how many other people who own a pair of 17’s care even about this?

Except I’ve seen several guys wearing them...
82958C9A-CC57-4DB2-99FC-C67050394F7B.png

760B0EF8-69B0-439C-BAED-2835C58682F4.png
6ADEC3B5-A20B-4B78-A3F4-316347223F24.jpeg

Just from a quick search

You’d think more guys would be wearing Nike’s high end basketball shoe though. I’ve seen more guys wearing the Freaks in the NBA and those are almost half the price.

I really don’t mind that much. I wear my pairs casually

So two dudes :lol:
That’s 3 and you said none...others that I can think of off the dome would be Bridges, Harkless, Morris Twins. Not sure if you want to include all LBJ shoes like retros and soldiers also but I don’t really see the point doing of all that. Obviously there are people of all shapes, sizes and skill levels who own the shoe and like them. If you own them and don’t like them cool, if not what point are you trying to make?

16s were fine. It’s the 17s that seem to be the issue

I think it’s knowing Lebron has a pretty different shoe than what we get. It doesn’t bother me much at this point but I can see where people are coming from

I bet there would be even more complaining if it was reversed with Lebron getting the larger unit.

The truth is, you don't get to advertise "largest air unit in a basketball shoe" with the pe size.

That’s 3 and you said none...others that I can think of off the dome would be Bridges, Harkless, Morris Twins. Not sure if you want to include all LBJ shoes like retros and soldiers also but I don’t really see the point doing of all that. Obviously there are people of all shapes, sizes and skill levels who own the shoe and like them. If you own them and don’t like them cool, if not what point are you trying to make?

How many pairs of 17's did you post?

Nice try though

I hope Lebron at least gives you a discount code on your next pair of Lebron's with how silly you look getting defensive over his kicks.

The truth is, you don't get to advertise "largest air unit in a basketball shoe" with the pe size.

E4A634C4-F3BF-47DB-B1A0-FEEF899745F2.gif

How would this be untrue? If they advertise it, and you as a consumer purchase what is marketed, don’t you then own the “largest air unit in a basketball shoe”?

Last edited:
16s were fine. It’s the 17s that seem to be the issue

I think it’s knowing Lebron has a pretty different shoe than what we get. It doesn’t bother me much at this point but I can see where people are coming from
Could be, although I think it’s more of a Zoom air > Air Max thing... decent, but there are better options available

Good to see I created a constructive argument.

Their is certain level Nike creates a deception, that only above average Consumer will nit pick on.

I'm not petty to say oh the shoes are 2 millimeters shorter/taller than what is LeBron is wearing. I'm gonna hoop, regardless.

But as person who balls in Nike sneakers. And knowing Nike has done some deceving business practice such as Kobe protro 1, air Jordan 15 retro, and FTB hyperdunk. All of which was marketed to have zoom air or full length zoom air and are missing the key performances, that right there is deceiving and if you dropping $200 for something that was marketed to have improvements or retain it's og performance, can you really trust what your getting is worth your time and money?

E4A634C4-F3BF-47DB-B1A0-FEEF899745F2.gif

How would this be untrue? If they advertise it, and you as a consumer purchase what is marketed, don’t you then own the “largest air unit in a basketball shoe”?
I'm just saying if the pe size was the public version, touting the largest air unit wouldn't be worth marketing because it doesn't pass the eye test. It doesn't look substantially more than what was already had in the 15 and 16. Comparatively, the public version of the 17 is pretty eye catching.

I just think it's funny that this is the shoe people are getting on their soapbox about as far as athlete PEs. Lebron 11s needed toebox modifications for lebron to wear them, even as little as he did. Kyrie had extra forefoot zoom in his kyrie 2s. Scottie pippens pippen 1s had zoom instead of air max. Nike has done way more egregious stuff, like the whole kobe 4 protro cushioning fiasco.

And if we want to get technical, unless someone can prove lebron never played or signed off on the retail stack height 17s, the retail 17s are still "engineered to the specifications of the signature athlete" when they were manufactured and labeled as such. There's no realistic way for nike to handle that without backlash. Y'all want a press release? That'd just draw more attention to the issue and make it a bigger story. You want a midyear adjustment in the pairs still in production? Now people will complain about having less cushioning. Honestly seems like people just want something to complain about between releases.

@ watermelondeity watermelondeity

I agree.

Also just basing it off my observation, in regards to what Lebron's wearing, they lessened the base of the midsole/airbag so his orthotics can fit properly. So it might have something to do with ride height more-so than the amount of cushioning being an issue

Last edited:
if you dropping $200 for something that was marketed to have improvements or retain it's og performance, can you really trust what your getting is worth your time and money?
Good to see I created a constructive argument.

Their is certain level Nike creates a deception, that only above average Consumer will nit pick on.

I'm not petty to say oh the shoes are 2 millimeters shorter/taller than what is LeBron is wearing. I'm gonna hoop, regardless.

But as person who balls in Nike sneakers. And knowing Nike has done some deceving business practice such as Kobe protro 1, air Jordan 15 retro, and FTB hyperdunk. All of which was marketed to have zoom air or full length zoom air and are missing the key performances, that right there is deceiving and if you dropping $200 for something that was marketed to have improvements or retain it's og performance, can you really trust what your getting is worth your time and money?
Don't forget the Kobe AD low with its fake looking Zoom piece...but yeah, at the end of the day this why if I’m not getting my shoes for a steal price off a random site I always try to buy directly from Nike and use the 30 day trial period to really test em out. If I don’t feel completely satisfied with my purchase then I return em, it’s just that simple. No need to wait and see if Bron mods his or if 28% percent of the league is wearing them LOL

Wasn't it also rumoured that PG's PE had full length zoom? I mean, at least we are getting the best tech and LBJ is sort of downgrading it to his personal liking and better individual performance. In the end we are talking about one of the Top athletes in the world right now.

ehh they should have just kept the previous cushioning

im sure nike just stuck a 720 max unit in there to raise the price.

wasnt the 720 unit supposed to be created for a sportswear shoe?

I dont think it matters much sales wise. remember nike did the same thing with the air pippen 1?

Back
Top Bottom