Nike Kyrie Infinity

Bron may not be doing shoe sketches or handpicking the materials. But he definitely hasn’t checked out nor is he so far removed from the process that it’s a situation where his only involvement is his name attached to the shoe.

Bron has made it clear that he’s chasing 6 rings and you really think he’s not AT LEAST wear testing his shoes in that pursuit???

That doesn’t even make sense. I don’t know what happened with the Lebron 11 to make him not want to wear it on the court that season but that can’t be the basis for evidence that he’s completely removed from the process.

Jason Petrie directly addresses that in this article: Petrie Explains the process

I don’t even know why some guy would take the time out of their day to write that while having no connection to the actual process 😂

Some people would just love for everyone to believe that they are in the know when they aren’t.

Especially when they don't know the difference in your and you're

This is why Nightwing annoys me

So Concepts has more creative control of Kyrie's than Kyrie?

Kyrie’s PR team working overdrive after the sneaker post -Kyrie helped build a solar water tower in Pakistan (clean water and light). Not mad at helping others, but the timing of this sure is suspect….lol but this is not the first time Kyrie goes controversial in the media and shortly after his goodwill is put out there.

JS”

Yeah liars tend to be annoying.

He also doesn't strike me as a man of any real intellectual rigor.

He's not an interloper or anything but I think the fact that he hires/allows proud idiots to do reviews on his clown-show site is very telling.
Ehh, don’t know who to believe really.

Being a flat-earther does throw his credibility into question but the man does make an effort to build good will help people in need. That can't go ignored.

Kyrie’s PR team working overdrive after the sneaker post -Kyrie helped build a solar water tower in Pakistan (clean water and light). Not mad at helping others, but the timing of this sure is suspect….lol but this is not the first time Kyrie goes controversial in the media and shortly after his goodwill is put out there.

JS”

I could see that. But remember when he bought George Floyd's family a house and then he didn't say anything at all about it?

Based on his interactions with the media and refusal to keep his comments politically correct I'd say that Kyrie isn't all that concerned with PR.

Figured LeBron would have input on his shoes as well..

I’m sure he does from a performance standpoint tbh. There is no way they don’t consult him on which tech to implement into the design or at least what “feel” he would have on court, especially after the disaster with the LeBron 11s and 13s. It’s a really bad look for such a big name athlete not to wear his own sig shoe model, especially if he’s winning a title in a take down model like he did in 2016.

He's not an interloper or anything but I think the fact that he hires/allows proud idiots to do reviews on his clown-show site is very telling.

Nightwing often comes off as a smug moron who thinks he knows WAYYY more than he actually does. He’s generally likable/funny and waaay less insufferable than a lot of other shoetubers (Qias, etc.) but his content isn’t as informative as he makes it out to be, it’s primarily entertainment formed by his own opinions at the end of the day (like how he uses all those juvenile pop culture references/clips in his reviews). He’s not physically cutting open or weighing shoes or testing traction on different courts like SoleBros or KickGenius used to do in his reviews nowadays lol It’s not just him though, this seems to be shoetube culture as a whole.

Nightwing often comes off as a smug moron who thinks he knows WAYYY more than he actually does. He’s generally likable/funny and waaay less insufferable than a lot of other shoetubers (Qias, etc.) but his content isn’t as informative as he makes it out to be, it’s primarily entertainment formed by his own opinions at the end of the day (like how he uses all those juvenile pop culture references/clips in his reviews). He’s not physically cutting open or weighing shoes or testing traction on different courts like SoleBros or KickGenius used to do in his reviews nowadays lol It’s not just him though, this seems to be shoetube culture as a whole.

I think some of these dudes deal with so many 16 year olds that put them on pedestals that they get big heads and don't seem to realize that some people know more than them and have been in to sneakers longer. So they talk to their audience like they're stupid. And give their opinion as fact.

9986A8D3-19C2-4E97-8BC0-284446FAD7C9.jpeg

5FB09D02-38ED-4494-AB51-934F83FD19E6.jpeg

6A9CF1E7-E58D-4B5C-91B7-8D1118A02CB1.jpeg

Nate Jones is Dame Lillard’s guy.

Would have appreciated if he gave more insight into the royalty structure he alleges Kyrie is upset about.

Being a flat-earther does throw his credibility into question but the man does make an effort to build good will help people in need. That can't go ignored.

I could see that. But remember when he bought George Floyd's family a house and then he didn't say anything at all about it?

Based on his interactions with the media and refusal to keep his comments politically correct I'd say that Kyrie isn't all that concerned with PR.

Yea I remember. That same week GM, Sean Marks came out saying he was disappointed that video showed Kyrie maskless and what seemed to be at a party when he was away from the team for personal reasons.

I agree, I don’t think Kyrie is concerned with PR but I’m sure his “team around him” are concerned. The negatives impacts Kyrie (even if he doesn’t care) and them in the grand scheme.

JS”

Last edited:
Yikes. Can’t just jump to conclusions…… sounds like kyrie threw a fit he’s gonna regret

That's why I figured the truth was somewhere in the middle. The way Kyrie just is and the demands of a yearly Nike sneaker schedule is just asking for problems. I'm surprised they even got to this 8th iteration.

That's why I figured the truth was somewhere in the middle. The way Kyrie just is and the demands of a yearly Nike sneaker schedule is just asking for problems. I'm surprised they even got to this 8th iteration.

This is what I don’t understand-why not just move away from the yearly model? That model was best suited when there were far few signature players but with so many sig lines, why not just market a shoe for 2 seasons? You can space them or so new PGs and Kyries don’t drop in the same year as well. I think that would also give marketing more resources to focus on each release as well.

Last edited:
Yearly shoes are fine. The Nike design team is just trash. Look at the yearly sigs of the 90’s. There was some actual changes and tech upgrades.

Yearly shoes are fine. The Nike design team is just trash. Look at the yearly sigs of the 90’s. There was some actual changes and tech upgrades.

This. I feel like the budget models and the nba allowing players wear whatever colors etc has been a gift and a curse too.

Back
Top Bottom