NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

That's fine, I'd still feel better about someone copping these and hooping in them. At least if I try to find a used pair down the road, there's a higher chance the traction is still decent and it wasn't worn in mud/rain/snow/dog ****.

I'll admit I was in my feelings but I was mostly thinking of this dude I know who wants these and 1) never hooped 2) never liked Kobe or the Lakers. Only wants them cause they're hype. A true hypebeast.

I'm a bit more salty cause 5s and 6s are my grails. To me, they are the perfect shoes. I know my resentment should be aimed at Nike but they're not gonna read this.

I got you. Trust me, I had 30+ pairs of Kobe Vs back in the day and they sat in stores/outlets collecting dust. That’s why I say it’s funny when people have that sentiment regarding others buying them when neither were into them when they first came out. Kobe’s untimely passing brought A LOT of people to his shoe line who never were before

Kobe V’s been the GOAT for me since they came out :pimp: VI’s are a close second

IMG_3413.jpeg

I got you. Trust me, I had 30+ pairs of Kobe Vs back in the day and they sat in stores/outlets collecting dust. That’s why I say it’s funny when people have that sentiment regarding others buying them when neither were into them when they first came out. Kobe’s untimely passing brought A LOT of people to his shoe line who never were before

Kobe V’s been the GOAT for me since they came out :pimp: VI’s are a close second

IMG_3413.jpeg

6's fit me better back then, but still liked the 5. 4-6 are up there in my favorite balling shoes.

I think Nike released basketball shoes in much higher quantity back then and things did go on sales faster as a result. Additionally, back then people weren’t sold on wearing low tops yet to ball. I was literally the only person I knew who played in the 5s and I’d always get asked questions about how I’m not afraid to sprain my ankle and stuff. It didn’t really pickup heavily until the 7s and 8S came out. At least in the circle of people I played with in Brooklyn.

like I couldn’t find a pair of lebron 20s last year in the colorways I wanted in size 13s on sale. They were long gone before hand. Nike has definitely taken a tighter control over inventory.

I think Nike released basketball shoes in much higher quantity back then and things did go on sales faster as a result. Additionally, back then people weren’t sold on wearing low tops yet to ball. I was literally the only person I knew who played in the 5s and I’d always get asked questions about how I’m not afraid to sprain my ankle and stuff. It didn’t really pickup heavily until the 7s and 8S came out. At least in the circle of people I played with in Brooklyn.

like I couldn’t find a pair of lebron 20s last year in the colorways I wanted in size 13s on sale. They were long gone before hand. Nike has definitely taken a tighter control over inventory.

that was a decade ago. the population has also increased every year.

You were prob wanna of the dudes that wore his outdoor hooping kicks to the hardwood and contributed to the floory being dusty lmao. Having dudes sliding on the court
Nah, I’m on NT for a reason. I was “blessed” enough to have in/outdoor options when I was hopping :lol:.

Dudes would be on slidin in their outside kicks because that’s all they had and the grip was gone. But gyms wouldn’t keep their floors up/clean anyway, most times lol

Man the outlets had some gems for cheap back then :pimp:

IMG_3413.jpeg
That's a beautiful collection. Back in the day I had:
1x Chaos
1x Del Sols
2x Inlines
2x Dark Knights
2x Five Rings

I live in Minnesota so unless it was a super GR, Kobes didn't make it to my area. I actually copped Chaos 5s from a NTer. Didn't ask for any references and I wanted them badly so I just hoped for the best. He only charged me retail+tax+shipping so I didn't think he was scamming. Luckily it all worked out. The Chaos 5s are my absolute holy grails.

So all these outlet steals y'all talking about, that was never a reality for me. This is all I have left:
tempImageZLFFlr-3.jpg

That's a beautiful collection. Back in the day I had:
1x Chaos
1x Del Sols
2x Inlines
2x Dark Knights
2x Five Rings

I live in Minnesota so unless it was a super GR, Kobes didn't make it to my area. I actually copped Chaos 5s from a NTer. Didn't ask for any references and I wanted them badly so I just hoped for the best. He only charged me retail+tax+shipping so I didn't think he was scamming. Luckily it all worked out. The Chaos 5s are my absolute holy grails.

So all these outlet steals y'all talking about, that was never a reality for me. This is all I have left:
tempImageZLFFlr-3.jpg
Good ol Dels Sols. I can still wear mine but soles completely bottomed out. Got my pair that Friday of 4th of July weekend, with the 5 rings Black Mamba tee and Mamba Snake backpack with my boys discount from Niketown. And wore them the next day to a picnic

Good ol Dels Sols. I can still wear mine but soles completely bottomed out. Got my pair that Friday of 4th of July weekend, with the 5 rings Black Mamba tee and Mamba Snake backpack with my boys discount from Niketown. And wore them the next day to a picnic
Yeah the soles on mine aren't bottomed out but the rubber is so old/hardened now that it's slick.

I got my grinches a half size too big nd hoop in em every now nd then nd they’re way too big once broken in. I was listening to ppls sizing recommendations that didn’t plan on hooping in em. Ever since i been dying to get my hands on a pair of 6’s in my size because i know its the perfect shoe for me.

Depends on where you lived. Kobe's weren't in abundance on the east coast like that.

Depends on where you lived. Kobe's weren't in abundance on the east coast like that.
Gotta be specific. We was good here in NYC. But it goes to what I mentioned before in that I believe NYC was the place that got the good chunk on the east coast and of course LA on the other side

I got my grinches a half size too big nd hoop in em every now nd then nd they’re way too big once broken in. I was listening to ppls sizing recommendations that didn’t plan on hooping in em. Ever since i been dying to get my hands on a pair of 6’s in my size because i know its the perfect shoe for me.
Yep, Protro 5s feel tight at first too so you'll see a lot of people in the main Kobe thread say you should size up but TTS is the move for Protro 5s and I assume 6s too, when it comes to hooping.

They warm up and loosen up. I prefer a more 1:1 fit when I'm hooping. Actually wore my EYBL 5s last week and once they were warm they loosened up enough that I had to retie my laces a little tighter for more lockdown.

I need to get my hands on some Protro 6s so the way I see it, prices for Reverse Grinch's are looking much more palatable than ASG/Grinch/Del Sol/Mambacita/etc. so if I have to go the secondary market, so be it.

I really miss when they were on Nike by You!!! Only made 1pr of 4's but returned them! SMH. Still have quiet a few, but really see the value in being able to color scheme your own!

Man I know yall remember the days of 11pm (central time) releases of stuff on Nikes site and trying to do a phone order at the same time :lol:
I ordered Grinch's from Eastbay via phone order. Had three phones dialing that 1-800 number constantly until I got a rep on the line. Patience and persistence led to some super easy cops.

This is exactly the type of person I'm talking about:

Back
Top Bottom