NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Totally agree. I’m typically wait til they go on sale person. But the days of Kobe’s going on sale are well in our rear view mirrors. So if I ever hit for retail I’ll hoop if them. Just for that reason alone. Any other model can wait for discount codes/markdowns.

Got a buddy hooping in several pair of Kobes over $600 all on the Klarna plan or whatever it’s called. He’s better than me on that one.
Everybody's pocket is different lol. 600 on kicks you hooping in cheeeeee

Just Don’t Get Caught With Them NoGo Traverse Frinch VI’s :sick:
IMG_8240.png

IMG_8239.png
When it's too good to be true. Yall remember that was the case with the BLs. Obviously with the Grinches ... but with the BLs... if the seller didn't take a good pic where the sheen can be visible...could've gotten got

It’s the insole shape on the 20’s. Didn’t feel right around the arch area and swapped out for a flat insole. No issue now. But part of the greatness of the Kobe 6 was the insole that molds to your foot. Takes some time to break in from what I remember.
I got a couple of og 6 insoles I can’t wait to switch out in these

Before I share my next comment, I want to clarify that I'm not claiming these Kobes are the epitome of comfort or the best in protection for basketball shoes. However, it makes me cringe when people express reluctance to invest a certain amount in basketball, running, or sport shoes. Seriously? Aren't you willing to spend on something crucial for safeguarding your feet, ankles, and knees? Personally, I regularly switch my running shoes every 4 to 6 months because running 3x a week on year-old kicks seems insane to me.

Before I share my next comment, I want to clarify that I'm not claiming these Kobes are the epitome of comfort or the best in protection for basketball shoes. However, it makes me cringe when people express reluctance to invest a certain amount in basketball, running, or sport shoes. Seriously? Aren't you willing to spend on something crucial for safeguarding your feet, ankles, and knees? Personally, I regularly switch my running shoes every 4 to 6 months because running 3x a week on year-old kicks seems insane to me.
That's why I guess a decent rotation of hooping kicks should be had

You should just quote who you’re referring to, so there aren’t misunderstandings. I was about to reply to you about not spending $600 on a single pair of shoes to ball in, but I’m unsure if you’re referring to my previous post or not.

Investing 200 sure. 600 hell no lol. i could get 10 pairs alone with newer tech and comfort and protection for that same amount thru nike outlets.

protros rn are all about hype. When ppl pay 600 they are paying for the hype and nostalgia. Not the tech lol

I will gladly pay $600 for nostalgia if it’s something I really want. Just just for shoes, that goes for anything.

My only issues with paying $600 for shoes are that even if you don't wear them, they will eventually crumble and fall apart with time, rendering them basically useless.

Everything falls apart or degrades eventually. Sometimes you degrade faster than the thing you have. It's about what you do with it while you have it. A lot of people are willing to pay a premium because of the memories they had of stuff that fell apart already. And wanting to have the same feeling or make new memories.

How many times do people say in here "I wore such and such when this and that happened in my life." It is what it is.

My only issues with paying $600 for shoes are that even if you don't wear them, they will eventually crumble and fall apart with time, rendering them basically useless.

I dont disagree but man will i enjoy them while their still “wearable”.

FWIW: i haven’t paid resell yet but these will be had whether its on RD for retail or a secondary price im willing to pay. I also love the mambacita’s but Im not willing to pay the prices on the secondary market

Everything falls apart or degrades eventually. Sometimes you degrade faster than the thing you have. It's about what you do with it while you have it. A lot of people are willing to pay a premium because of the memories they had of stuff that fell apart already. And wanting to have the same feeling or make new memories.

How many times do people say in here "I wore such and such when this and that happened in my life." It is what it is.
This. My wife and I just bought a house(moving NYC to DMV) for our family (3 daughters) and we have the closing on Thursday and I was thinking to myself should I wear a nice pair of Kobes for it

This. My wife and I just bought a house(moving NYC to DMV) for our family (3 daughters) and we have the closing on Thursday and I was thinking to myself should I wear a nice pair of Kobes for it

Absolutely!!!!

And take an amazing family photo in front of the house after getting the keys. That will mark a memory your family will have forever.

My initial remark was a broad observation, not directed at anyone specifically. Regarding the Kobe 6s, I can't assess their current technology status, but it's noteworthy that high-earning professionals frequently choose them for intense basketball games. Whether this reflects their excellence or stems from nostalgia is debatable. Notably, these professionals tend to opt for other brands off the court. My intention wasn't to focus on the $600 price tag for Kobe shoes; rather, it was a commentary on the tendency of some to hesitate when investing in athletic footwear, despite its vital role in physical activities. Personally, I prioritize my well-being and don't shy away from investing in quality gear.

NYC
My initial remark was a broad observation, not directed at anyone specifically. Regarding the Kobe 6s, I can't assess their current technology status, but it's noteworthy that high-earning professionals frequently choose them for intense basketball games. Whether this reflects their excellence or stems from nostalgia is debatable. Notably, these professionals tend to opt for other brands off the court. My intention wasn't to focus on the $600 price tag for Kobe shoes; rather, it was a commentary on the tendency of some to hesitate when investing in athletic footwear, despite its vital role in physical activities. Personally, I prioritize my well-being and don't shy away from investing in quality gear.

Not sure if you have really looked, but you can get great modern bball tech for 60-100 bucks right now. No need to spend big bucks to protect your feet.

this is simply not true at all. not everything. but i'm not gonna discuss this in a shoe thread.

this is simply not true at all. not everything. but i'm not gonna discuss this in a shoe thread.
Why not? I think the rate at which an article of clothing deteriorates is quite relevant to a forum about shoes. Also, you skipped over the sentence immediately following the one you underlined. If something lasts forever, we certainly dont.

My ultimate point is that things, and the the attachments we have to them, are ultimately ephemeral.

Back
Top Bottom