NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

The reason Nike Kobe sigs are so significant(Adidas is some ways too) is that the memories he created while wearing these shoes>D all those epic games and scoring streaks Kobe did while wearing his shoes are so iconic and will forever be remembered by ALL, if Vanessa would to start a new line under a different brand, the impact wouldn’t be as profound imo

I personally wouldn't buy anything from another brand. If he didn't wear it, or at least have a say in the design, I'm not interested.

Yep

I cant imagine Nike not coming back to Vanessa - from purely an economic standpoint, Nike cannot risk Vanessa going anywhere else. And the only real option is Adidas. There were those rumors that Kobe wanted to start his own shoe line, but how would Vanessa pull that off without him.

Might be a case of leverage - Vanessa wanting more control, etc.

I think a deal eventually gets worked out.

Nike has all the leverage.

She might think it will be a Kobe regardless if it's a Puma, Adidas, Li Ning or Anta, when that couldn't be furthest from the truth. That would be a very bad move, and we the fans would be the losers.

Lmao yall not understanding what this really means. No Vanessa doesnt give AF about money or estate or whatever. She gives AF about US. The real Kobe fans. She is upset how they are handling the releases and making everything super limited and trying to turn them into Travis Scotts. This is her way of threatening Nike. Either you make enough Kobes for everyone or you will never make any Kobes ever again.

If I can’t have Kobes anymore, at least the resellers can’t either. I’m actually happy about this. I’d rather nobody have kobes than have nike and resellers keep disrespecting a dead man

Where did you get this from?

Are you just being hopeful?

Yep

Nike has all the leverage.

She might think it will be a Kobe regardless if it's a Puma, Adidas, Li Ning or Anta, when that couldn't be furthest from the truth. That would be a very bad move, and we the fans would be the losers.
Exactly. Memories like this....
img_1618698317469.jpg

Nah 6s "cooled" off because the only release after the Grinches, the All stars, weren't highly sought after due to no big hype around them. The all stars actually didnt have nearly the same production numbers the grinches had

Sorry the higher production was first re 5rings. But yeah my other point was that there isn't actually that many hype CWs for each models, and it's not like people who couldn't get Grinches will settle for the all stars.

Unless Nike dig deep and include PEs (lol we can dream), there isn't that much value in the Kobe line tbh.

Chiming in on this if I may.

Maybe it's just me, but up to this day, I still find it dishonorable on Nike's handling Kobe's product releases after his passing. Sure, it could be the atmosphere of the market, but at the same time, we all know somehow some way it could've (AND SHOULD'VE) been avoided. You know it. We all know it. That irony of the Kobe commercial, too... damn.

Reading a few pages prior, I didn't know Vanessa actually got threats about this type of stuff. Then again, we didn't expect Wyatt Russell was getting death threats for his role in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so I'm not surprised how this world is. Seems like Vanessa was/is dealing with a double-edged sword here, so her decision is what she believes is best.

I'm not upset about it and I really hope the best for her and her family, estate and their future endeavors that they choose to honor Kobe in his name.

We saw the Mamba logo used on the mitchell and ness jacket recently. Unfortunately that was another limited item only for resellers to profit.

Reading the article it seems like Vanessa wanted more products especially more kids sizes for the protro line and dumb Nike said nah...smh

:lol: :rofl:I remember the header for the kobe thread in the nike section asking for free shoes from Vanessa...:wow::lol:

the availablity doesn't really make sense. all the protros were SITTING hard in outlets. I grabbed the 81 point 1s for $40 at my local outlet and they had a ton of them. even 4s were hitting discount before he passed. most production is done way in advance of releases and then you add in covid throwing a wrench in things so it didn't allow for more pairs to be made on all the releases that were already "done". even chaos 5s were selling for retail/under retail after release

Wow. Stunning this turned out to be real.
Nobody wins here, though Nike is least affected. Not selling Kobes is a fractional dent to its overall income.
I guess Vanessa wins in the sense there will be no more complaints about releases flooding her social. But she’s never going to recoup that sneaker money. Like others have said, I have no interest in Kobe-branded sneakers he never did anything in.
I'm a massive Kobe fan, been in with his Nike line since day one. It's just shoes, but this is a really sad end of an era.

Last edited:
You guys are on a nike forum complaining how nike does business they dont really care its not personal its business.

In the 80s they had Bo, Andre n Jordan into the 90s then Penny,Barkley I can go on n on

There constantly looking for the next thing they got Lebron they got Zion and theyll continue to get top stars for the fact there products are head and shoulders above the competition.

They own College sports

All the sig Athletes bar AI n Steph all ended up with nike in the 90s/00s they stay winning if your butt hurt because of the business welcome to the real world these fortune companies only care about money

Kobes are yesterday sadly

the availablity doesn't really make sense. all the protros were SITTING hard in outlets. I grabbed the 81 point 1s for $40 at my local outlet and they had a ton of them. even 4s were hitting discount before he passed. most production is done way in advance of releases and then you add in covid throwing a wrench in things so it didn't allow for more pairs to be made on all the releases that were already "done". even chaos 5s were selling for retail/under retail after release
True, got the Carpe Diems 4s for $120, but that’s b4 he died

Back
Top Bottom