Nike KD 15

10-15 years down the line that consumer won't care like they do in the moment, Jordan's shoe sold in the moment and because that they sell 10-15 years later and even 3 decades after that.
I think there will be a portion of consumers who will take the nostalgic bait in Nike doing that, myself included 😂, but I honestly remember more of players’ PE colorways than the regular release colorways, so when they retro its nice to have a chance to wear what the man themself wore. But I totally get what you’re saying, also, and I agree for the most part.

The last KDs I remember are the WTKD10 and blue/gold PE because he wore them the entire playoffs both championship years.

Oh and the choke game 9s...because, well...

The last KDs I remember are the WTKD10 and blue/gold PE because he wore them the entire playoffs both championship years.

Oh and the choke game 9s...because, well...

Game "9'"?

1670189260086.gif

If I remember correctly I think they lost in game 8.

1670189371829.gif

I’ve seen em for $129-125 on a few sites. That’s about it.

Got a chance to try them on in store a few days ago. I can see people’s concerns about heel slippage. I also felt some stability issues for me. But that’s from me doing a 5 min walk around. I’m going to wait on a hell of deal on a cw I really like. Just to try them on court and if they don’t work out I can move them to casual wear.

Yup! That's exactly where my pain was as well. I thought it was arch pain at first but the lateral and medial sides of my foot hurt and then I also realized my foot hurt on both sides in two places: where the two lace holes in the wings are. I tried lacing them and skipping the lace holes I circled originally but it was the wing/plastic piece as you mentioned that was causing the pain.

I also tried a different insole, albeit a very thick one, and I didn't like how high I was riding off the ground. One of my favorite features of this shoe is the low-to-the-ground/court feel.

I was able to reduce the heel slip by doing runner's loops but there's still little bit of heel slip. I'm going to experiment with skipping the wings (but still lacing the lace hole on the shoe) and only lacing the lateral side of the wings.

I feel like Nike would've made a 10/10 shoe (at least for my feet and play style) if they used a more straight-line lacing pattern, rather than the zig-zag pattern they went with where alternating lace holes sit higher over the top of your foot. I feel like the uneven laces create pressure/hot spots and are what cause the pain.
So I finally got another pair in. I went with the grey/volt TB colorway during the NDC Black Friday sale. Been breaking them in for the last week. I've been getting the same midfoot pain from the wings. Different insoles is helping a little, but they are still uncomfortable when I lace them tight enough to feel secure and not get heel lift. As much as I love the low cut, cushioning, and traction, I don't think these shoes are made for my foot. I'm with you, I wish Nike had used a more traditional build (i.e., build the midfoot support into the upper without wings) and a traditional lacing system. Maybe we'll get that on the 16s...

So I finally got another pair in. I went with the grey/volt TB colorway during the NDC Black Friday sale. Been breaking them in for the last week. I've been getting the same midfoot pain from the wings. Different insoles is helping a little, but they are still uncomfortable when I lace them tight enough to feel secure and not get heel lift. As much as I love the low cut, cushioning, and traction, I don't think these shoes are made for my foot. I'm with you, I wish Nike had used a more traditional build (i.e., build the midfoot support into the upper without wings) and a traditional lacing system. Maybe we'll get that on the 16s...
The wings help that much with support? Haven’t tried on, just curious

Try the runners loop when you lace the top two holes. I found this to minimize the heel slippage.

It’s weird because I felt the same pain in my foot when I broke in the Psychic Purple pair. But when I got the AP’s break in was so much easier and less painful. I’m thinking the difference is the laces. The flat laces on the AP pair gave me a better secure lockdown in the mid foot area compared to the oval laces.

Try the runners loop when you lace the top two holes. I found this to minimize the heel slippage.

It’s weird because I felt the same pain in my foot when I broke in the Psychic Purple pair. But when I got the AP’s break in was so much easier and less painful. I’m thinking the difference is the laces. The flat laces on the AP pair gave me a better secure lockdown in the mid foot area compared to the oval laces.
Gotta be, great call… didn’t even think about that

I haven't found any other hoop shoes that came out recently that I like as much as these, despite the pain. I've resigned to using a runner's loop (which does help reduce the heel slip but doesn't get rid of it entirely) and not lacing them as tight as I normally would with other hoop shoes.

The wings help that much with support? Haven’t tried on, just curious
For this particular shoe, I think it does. I tried not lacing the wings and the shoe feels too unstable. My foot doesn't feel contained from side to side. Top to bottom it feels fine cause of the lace pressure but I'm not sure I want to even try hooping in these without lacing the wings. Plus the wings kind of flare out if you don't lace them and it makes the shoes look sloppy.

I'm gonna try some flat laces now. The oval laces are so cheap and flimsy.

I know exactly how you you. The 15's have my feet blazing! To the point that I have to sit down or take them off for a few minutes and then put them back on.

Or I'll have to unlace them all the way and just shoot around or dribble for a few minutes but not running.

Then I slowly tighten them just enough so that my foot doesn't move around. After a while then I'm able to tie them tight to play.

It just all depends on the day I guess. One day I put them on, felt slight discomfort and it went away and I played for a couple of hours.

The next time my feet were hurting after 5 minutes and it didn't go away until in took the shoes off.

It's definitely the wings making the shoes too tight making our feet hurt.

I like the 15's too but at this point I think I may only have 1 pair for basketball because I just can't do it.

I know exactly how you you. The 15's have my feet blazing! To the point that I have to sit down or take them off for a few minutes and then put them back on.

Or I'll have to unlace them all the way and just shoot around or dribble for a few minutes but not running.

Then I slowly tighten them just enough so that my foot doesn't move around. After a while then I'm able to tie them tight to play.

It just all depends on the day I guess. One day I put them on, felt slight discomfort and it went away and I played for a couple of hours.

The next time my feet were hurting after 5 minutes and it didn't go away until in took the shoes off.

It's definitely the wings making the shoes too tight making our feet hurt.

I like the 15's too but at this point I think I may only have 1 pair for basketball because I just can't do it.
Try flat laces! I just threw some in mine and didn't have any pain, maybe just a tiny, tiny amount. I put these ones in and because they stretch so much they don't create pressure on your foot. Downside is you'll need to tighten them halfway through your session but better than having pain. Also, because they stretch so much, I'm returning my 54" laces for 45". I had to triple knot them so they wouldn't drag on the floor so the shorter ones should work better.

it’s the oval laces that don’t provide a snug fit when you tie them. My APs needed one wear for break in time compared to my Psychic Purples. And the only difference between the two are the laces.

Overall besides the minimal heel slipping these KD15s have been my go to hoop shoe for the last two months. Traction and cushioning is A+ after break in.

I’ve gone back to GT Cuts and Protro 5s to give my KDs a break

Try flat laces! I just threw some in mine and didn't have any pain, maybe just a tiny, tiny amount. I put these ones in and because they stretch so much they don't create pressure on your foot. Downside is you'll need to tighten them halfway through your session but better than having pain. Also, because they stretch so much, I'm returning my 54" laces for 45". I had to triple knot them so they wouldn't drag on the floor so the shorter ones should work better.

Wow. Wouldn't have thought the laces would matter that much. Will consider giving that a try. For now I'm going to let my feet recover in play in shoes that don't hurt my feet (e.g., Lebron 20s).

Back
Top Bottom