Nike KD 15

Cushlon is fine. The KDMany of us were just exc
Whats wrong with cushlon or whatevee its called?
Cushlon is fine in general. The KD14s have cushlon with zoom strobel and that setup is nice. Many of us were just excited to try react with the zoom strobel because react is bouncier. Plus, many of us are tired of Nike screwing up the tech specs and us feeling misled or duped by their claims.

Cushlon is fine. The KDMany of us were just exc

Cushlon is fine in general. The KD14s have cushlon with zoom strobel and that setup is nice. Many of us were just excited to try react with the zoom strobel because react is bouncier. Plus, many of us are tired of Nike screwing up the tech specs and us feeling misled or duped by their claims.

Gotcha. Thought it was gonna be one of those “its gonna bottom out” type complaints as if people got an 82 game season coming up. :lol:

The channel is called the "Sole Brothers" but it's just been one guy for a couple years now...

Doesn’t mean they’re actually saying anything or giving any type of quality content

I watched the video on the KD15 and learned quite a bit about the shoe.. the traction, the fit (go up .5), etc.

I subscribe and think the channel is alright. I don't watch all the videos, only the ones on shoes I'm interested in, and I find that I do learn something most of the time.

My personal favourite is the shoe doctor.

Is it just me or does the Zoom strobel look really narrow on the heel? It looks like the Zoom unit covers like half of the heel, with very much of the clear plastic on the sides.
In general the zoom strobel bags in the KDs, 36s cosmic unity, and GT Cuts seems narrower in the heel than normal full length zoom used in other shoes. I’ve never measured it, but I think it is confirmed in some deconstruction videos.

My only issue is with a lot of these channels is they pass a lot of false info. Sammy mentioned 3 or 4 things in that video that were untrue. I get it, if you don’t know you don’t know, but don’t just make something up for the sake of talking about it.

I too have watched their channel for a bit but I do wonder if these cats can actually ball.

I should have my KD 15s in finally early next week and will 100% be doing a performance review. I look forward to playing in this model!

The zoom strobel in here is the same as all other models. The way they have to stitch it to the foot bed it has to be narrower in the heel vs the forefoot.

Crazy we’re 15 shoes deep in the KD line.

In general the zoom strobel bags in the KDs, 36s cosmic unity, and GT Cuts seems narrower in the heel than normal full length zoom used in other shoes. I’ve never measured it, but I think it is confirmed in some deconstruction videos.
It has to be. If the bag is too close to the stitch line it will fail and pop. I’ve talked to a few designers that use it in the models they’ve designed and with the force of the foot directly on the bag it has to have a gap between where the air and tensil fibres are vs the stitch line. Comfort shouldn’t be any different on these vs past zoom strobel set up’s.

what did he say that was untrue?
Mentioned the holes on the outsole are for reducing weight, in fact it’s for the cushlon/zoom bag to expand and contract to prevent ripping and tearing along with the prevention of the outsole tearing like the Jordan 28 did. It adds more flexibility.

The rubber wrapping of the heel he states is a design flaw when it fact you really only need the heel portion cages slighting to add stability at the back rather than caging all the foam on the sides which then prevents the cushlon from doing what it’s supposed to (kd12 cage).

Dogs the memory mold insole saying a ortholite would be better when in fact when having zoom strobel you need a slightly firm insole to also prevent your foot just sinking into the zoom strobel, it also forms to your foot similar to the Kobe 6.

I understand I’m nitpicking but the whole reason I started the performance reviews recently on YouTube is the knowledge of some channels is just not there. I’m done now.

I watched the video on the KD15 and learned quite a bit about the shoe.. the traction, the fit (go up .5), etc.

I subscribe and think the channel is alright. I don't watch all the videos, only the ones on shoes I'm interested in, and I find that I do learn something most of the time.

My personal favourite is the shoe doctor.

That’s pretty much how I feel about them. They aren’t the greatest but they are far from the worst. Dude puts out a lot content, he has pretty ever shoe covered from the last 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom