Nike KD 12

310CC8C1-1622-4F7A-AEEA-976170A6A34C.jpeg

I like this tongue set-up compared to the one bootie type setup we’ve seen on the last few models.

On court I tried these out today to shoot around and they feel incredible. I did have to re-lace about 15 minutes in but it’s weird feeling such stability and support in a KD model. The zoom feels great - I took out the stock insole and put my orthotics in and the bounce is incredible after you wear them around for a bit and run around. The heel area especially feels great with the double zoom. Overall I’m excited to get these in a league game next week and see how they perform in a game.

Btw that paper on the tongue and the little heel thing is the cheapest-feeling thing I've ever seen in any shoe. Wtf were they thinking?

Dude that crap is so awful. It's like tissue paper, except it's LOUD. It's like some tiny person is perpetually reaching into a potato chip bag.

- I like the tongue, very comfy.
- They fit TTS, but I'm not a fan of the TPU toe cap as it basically wraps around the top of the tip of the shoe.
- They feel cheap
- I don't understand how I'm essentially standing directly on top of a full-length zoom bag and it feels less responsive than something like the WN0.1

Overall not a great first impression but by no means a final verdict.

Initial thoughts:

My local gym is pretty clean and had no issues with traction. I was able to make all of my moves without hesitation. Much better than the Kyrie 5 solid rubber. I pulled out two opposite ends of the spectrum earlier this week in the Drose 6 and the Jordan 31. DR6 is like glue. Jordan 31 was like ice skates. That gave me a baseline to judge. My clean court still couldn't save the AJ31. So when the KD12 performed, it still means something.

Cushion feels like a balanced setup with the advantage of a huge bounce in the heel. Very comparable to the WNZ1. But without the strobel, the effort required to feel the Zoom is much less. If you're just walking the ball up court, the feeling is there. You don't have to step in and launch off your first step.

As everyone mentioned fit is very narrow. I'm slightly wide myself. I usually go up half a size because of that but also because i like a little room in the toe area length wise. Getting in was very easy. One thing to note is that the tpu cage annoyed my right foot at home. Feeling went away at the gym. The tongue is very thick. Torquing your laces shouldn't cause any lace chafe.

The shoe feels very minimal and let's you forget you're wearing it. It's funny that a return to a more traditional construction gives you this feeling that 3 years of one piece uppers could not.

I didn't feel like tipping would be an issue. The tpu and Kyrie 4 foam teeth kept me in. Unlike the 11 where you're standing on a 2x4 plank. That shoe is banished to the shootaround realm.

If you're really wide and/or don't think your court will work with the transluscent sole, I would proceed with caution.

I can't wait to get more reps in. Definitely in for the 90s kid cw.

And yeah, the tongue tabs are laughably bad. Compare that tissue paper to the ones on the kyrie 4. But hey, I'll take it as long as my achilles can be at peace with the shoe.

Initial thoughts:

My local gym is pretty clean and had no issues with traction. I was able to make all of my moves without hesitation. Much better than the Kyrie 5 solid rubber. I pulled out two opposite ends of the spectrum earlier this week in the Drose 6 and the Jordan 31. DR6 is like glue. Jordan 31 was like ice skates. That gave me a baseline to judge. My clean court still couldn't save the AJ31. So when the KD12 performed, it still means something.

Cushion feels like a balanced setup with the advantage of a huge bounce in the heel. Very comparable to the WNZ1. But without the strobel, the effort required to feel the Zoom is much less. If you're just walking the ball up court, the feeling is there. You don't have to step in and launch off your first step.

As everyone mentioned fit is very narrow. I'm slightly wide myself. I usually go up half a size because of that but also because i like a little room in the toe area length wise. Getting in was very easy. One thing to note is that the tpu cage annoyed my right foot at home. Feeling went away at the gym. The tongue is very thick. Torquing your laces shouldn't cause any lace chafe.

The shoe feels very minimal and let's you forget you're wearing it. It's funny that a return to a more traditional construction gives you this feeling that 3 years of one piece uppers could not.

I didn't feel like tipping would be an issue. The tpu and Kyrie 4 foam teeth kept me in. Unlike the 11 where you're standing on a 2x4 plank. That shoe is banished to the shootaround realm.

If you're really wide and/or don't think your court will work with the transluscent sole, I would proceed with caution.

I can't wait to get more reps in. Definitely in for the 90s kid cw.

And yeah, the tongue tabs are laughably bad. Compare that tissue paper to the ones on the kyrie 4. But hey, I'll take it as long as my achilles can be at peace with the shoe.

This is helpful. Thanks. Repped.

Love the 31 but the traction is the only thing off.

Just from trying on, the foam around the pinky toe seems to really grab the foot. Can that be felt while playing? is it bothersome?

A0105A47-ECD2-430A-9C5F-20210884B77D.jpeg

Footlocker here in Australia a couple days ago.
They only had size 10 and 11 left.

I tried this on (size 11) and i’m normally a 10.5 and they felt ok but i think i wouldve preferred my normal size. I definitely don’t think you could size down on this tho.

Initial thoughts on the cushion is pretty good. I definitely felt the zoom just from standing up and walking in the store. I already had a feeling it was gonna be good, so i wasnt too surprised by it.

What stood out to me was how stable it felt. Despite the cushion, you still felt low to the ground and also, the forefoot cage/teeth thing keeps your foot in place and makes you feel like you’re not gonna roll over. Obviously, it was just an in-store try on, but still...i remember trying on the KD11’s and while cushion was good, i knew straight away that that lateral stability was no good for me.

I wasnt planning on buying anything that day, but if they had my size 10.5, i might’ve seriously been tempted to buy. Looking forward to seeing more colorways.

Initial thoughts:

So did you go up half a size for these? i have a size 9, it is too short for me.
My 32 BCat gives me more room, and my 12 easefly too.
I had the same issue with the Kyrie 5, PG2.5 and the WN0.2 = extremely tight.
Otherwise they seem to be really comfortable and i really love the tongue and its colorway same colorway than the first 11. I love the 11 grey colorway but zero ankle protection but it was an hard pass due to the colorway.
To defend the paper on the tongue, it represents the lightness of the shoe. Lighter than the 12 soldier easefly.
But i don't know what to think of these shoe. I think the Lebron 16 are great but i'm afraid of the weight.
Finally the 32 was good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom