Nike KD 12

Tried half size up (display pair at DSG), tts might be too cramped (toe box). They're narrow once again kinda felt the medial midsole dig into my arch slightly, tts might be worse. React/Zoom felt better out the box but these (Zoom) might need to be unlocked to get a better feel for them. Will say they are more stable than the 11. Probably make an id and call it a day.

Tried half size up (display pair at DSG), tts might be too cramped (toe box). They're narrow once again kinda felt the medial midsole dig into my arch slightly, tts might be worse. React/Zoom felt better out the box but these (Zoom) might need to be unlocked to get a better feel for them. Will say they are more stable than the 11. Probably make an id and call it a day.

Forgot these dropped at DSG. I got like coupons and rewards. About $30 off. Probably can use them on the 12’s.

Cushion feels amazing to me.....I love it and no break in time needed at all. Went straight to feet.....

KD12 The Day One-7.jpg

KD12 The Day One-6.jpg

KD12 The Day One-3.jpg

KD12 The Day One-5.jpg

KD12 The Day One-8.jpg

KD12 The Day One-1.jpg

KD12 The Day One-11.jpg

Did you go tts?

The way Nike promoted the tech in this shoe I was expecting more out of the initial try on but do understand that zoom is more responsive than just in step comfort so in order to get the full experience I need to take them to the court.

Tried them on today and noticed the cushion immediately. Just walking around the store, it was the first pair since the 5 where I didn't notice any heel slip. In the last 6 models, once I felt the heel slip (while trying them on in the store) there was no reason to go any further. The material on the toe, was bunched up and hopefully it doesn't rip. Didn't really notice an outrigger. Looking at the shoe carefully on the bottom around the heel zoom area, along with the entire bottom of the shoe and how they are trying to showcase the technology (like the hole punches in the zoom or whatever it is). It made me really doubt that there will be a solid outsole version. It seems like they really want to showcase what they have done and a solid outsole would negate that. Not the type to pay more for an I.D. version (solid outsole option) to beat up on the court. I'll just find something else with a solid outsole/full zoom to hoop in. Just to many issues with translucent soles no matter how good the reviews say it is.

But would be in if there is a solid outsole version.

Last edited:
E936EF00-C7D6-4718-BD26-E8A0C4B35FB6.jpeg
00B54F53-55E0-4EA8-B8B5-0AC5BFE3E6AA.jpeg
Some great on feet reviews on here so won’t repeat what ppl said. Will add that the material on the tongue is very cheap. Noticed a rip straight out of the box from Nike soho and I could tell pair had never been tried on.

E936EF00-C7D6-4718-BD26-E8A0C4B35FB6.jpeg
00B54F53-55E0-4EA8-B8B5-0AC5BFE3E6AA.jpeg
Some great on feet reviews on here so won’t repeat what ppl said. Will add that the material on the tongue is very cheap. Noticed a rip straight out of the box from Nike soho and I could tell pair had never been tried on.

That rip shouldn't affect anything, right? It's just on the tongue which is separate from the upper now, correct?

Did you get a size too big? There looks like a lot of empty room at the heel.

I went true to size, that’s just how the heel looks no matter the size half up or down. ESP when leaning Foward it gives that look effect. But they fit great to me, I have a tiny bit of toe room. But nothing that bothers me about it or effects

As long as they're good lengthwise, I'll be happy.

Frankly I can't remember the last pair that was so horribly sized that I had to go to a size 15. Probably the Lebron 9.

I went true to size, that’s just how the heel looks no matter the size half up or down. ESP when leaning Foward it gives that look effect. But they fit great to me, I have a tiny bit of toe room. But nothing that bothers me about it or effects

Oh. I was worried when I saw initial pictures showing something similar. Made me think that there would be huge heel slip issues.

my fault big homie
shades.gif

All good.

Zoom cushioning that impressed me:
Jordan 28 SE
KD 9
Kobe Protro 1
Nike Air Foamposite 3
Zoom BB 1

Nice list.

Zoom BB and KD 9!

I just wish the KD 9’s durability wasn’t like tissue paper.

The flyknit stretched out too much, traction wore out with minimal wear indoors and of course that zoom tendril defect. What could have been...:smh:

Cushion feels amazing to me.....I love it and no break in time needed at all. Went straight to feet.....

KD12 The Day One-7.jpg

KD12 The Day One-6.jpg

KD12 The Day One-3.jpg

KD12 The Day One-5.jpg

KD12 The Day One-8.jpg

KD12 The Day One-1.jpg

KD12 The Day One-11.jpg

Consistently with the best on feet pics and that worn in official ball :nthat::nthat::nthat:

No WNZ1 or Lebron 15?

The Bron 15’s weren’t what I would consider playable. Stability was trashcans and the traction was bogus. As far as just zoom set ups though those were absurd. The 16’s are firmed up and toned down but honestly they’re a touch too firm for my liking.

WNZ1’s zoom set up although full length isn’t as good as the WNZ2’s forefoot only set up. WNZ1’s had that zoomy feeling but They had so much court feel that I felt like impact wasn’t being absorbed, if that makes sense.

WNZ2’s zoom is approaching all timer status for me. Those shoes are flawless on court. Never thought I could say that about something with injected phylon in the heel.

T
WNZ2’s zoom is approaching all timer status for me. Those shoes are flawless on court. Never thought I could say that about something with injected phylon in the heel.
Agreed. I'm surprised more people aren't gushing over the WNZ2 cushion. Everyone speaks well of it but I was amazed by it.

Why Not Zer0. Gotta abbreviate that obnoxious name.

Gonna be casual use for me still.

Still gonna play ball in my KD 9 elite, still got 3 DS pairs left. One of my favorite ball shoes.

No WNZ1 or Lebron 15?

I never tried the WNZ1 or LeBron 15. I heard the Lebron 15 had some issues and have not had a LeBron shoe since the Lebron 4...none of his models appealed to me. I keep hearing good things about WNZ1 and WNZ2 so I might give them a try if the KD 12 doesn't live up to my expectations after breaking in a little.

Btw. I had to half size up. My usually 10.5 was insanely tight length wise. Toe was busting through the end of the shoe....

crap, i went 1/2 size up on the 11 and it felt a bit too long for me, so when i run on court it felt a little like i'm slapping the shoe on the floor. i guess these will be the same. the 9s were just good tts, but since the 11 it's been narrow and long for me.

Back
Top Bottom