Nike Joyride

Strictly running/recovery/everyday shoes I’m not sure if anything is passing up the versatility and comfort of Zoom X and the Turbos.

i wouldnt go that far, this shoe could work for recovery days for the most serious runners, even pros

the yt reviewers that actually run in them are probably barely getting their hands on the pair and putting it through the paces right now
Using these for serious running and using these for recovery days are two completely different things.

180 seems steep for these. Nike must be pretty confident that this tech can compete directly with Boost. But then again, this is the same company that put a $190 price tag on them trash *** Air Max's.
I don’t feel like Nike needs to compete with boost at this point they have shoes that have already been proven to be superior to boost. If you’re still screaming boost is the best then you will always say that no matter what. Peg turbos are over boost react presto is over boost 87s the list goes on. The better question is why is UB $180 they should be like $150 max.

i think they are too stubborn to do a price drop on UBs despite the upper and midsole pretty much being the same from the first gen, they are constantly on sale for less than a $100 these days too

So it doesn’t let you use the $30 off on the actual shoes but it basically took the shirt I have in my cart down to zero. I wonder if I end up returning the shoes will they charge me for the shirt?

So it doesn’t let you use the $30 off on the actual shoes but it basically took the shirt I have in my cart down to zero. I wonder if I end up returning the shoes will they charge me for the shirt?
Shoes gotta be $150 or more if not the sale don’t apply thought that part was pretty clear...

55B34B19-7CA4-4571-A57A-27FC9D60F904.jpeg
Shoes gotta be $150 or more if not the sale don’t apply thought that part was pretty clear...
Yes that was clear. It doesn’t take the discount from the shoes but it does from other items.

I have access on secondary account. I want to try them on only, should get freebie in the process lol

Why? Just from looking at the specs and the reviews you can CLEARLY tell this isn't a shoe meant for the serious runners....

Oh almost certainly. But there's appearance and then there's empirical testing. I was holding out hope, however small, that these might have some performance capability. But as I assumed and seemingly has been confirmed here, nope.

E8297363-EF8C-41BD-B8BA-5B5BE2347EDB.jpeg

I’m no where near a serious runner like the others in the Vaporfly & Pegasus threads. I run, but not competitively. Here’s my takeaway from a 5K in them:

Even for the most serious runners, this shoe is probably best suited as a recovery shoe-walking after running serious miles (in another shoe) or a casual, light recovery run.

The shoes still feel great, but depending on how you strike when running, it can feel too soft. Too soft as in may result in foot fatigue if that makes sense. You can feel every rock, branch, crack in the pavement or bug you step on. I felt a hot spot on my right foot near the front but not in my left.

In all of my runners I get a size 13, but this is probably the tightest flyknit I’ve ever worn. It almost feels like I could get away with a 13.5.

All in all, this is a great shoe and the technology is pretty cool. Definitely a recovery run shoe or a “I’m going to be on my feet all day” type shoe. It kind of reminds me of the Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 from a few years ago, just with some extra cushioning.

Again, I think if Nike combines the Joyride tech with Zoom, Zoom X or React they may find a sweet spot for an actual running shoe with the tech. I’d even say if they make the heel double stacked or add more beads with bigger units maybe, but it’s still too soft for my liking to run in. Lifestyle wear for sure though.

Im sure it's a matter of time Nike will incorporate the beads with their other cushioning.

i am curious if putting react as the midsole surrounding the beads would help, zoomx is probably going to make it too mushy

with the statement that everything can be felt on the ground, putting react on the bottom might help without affecting the foot-molding feature though it might also feel unstable at the same time(?)

E8297363-EF8C-41BD-B8BA-5B5BE2347EDB.jpeg

I’m no where near a serious runner like the others in the Vaporfly & Pegasus threads. I run, but not competitively. Here’s my takeaway from a 5K in them:

Even for the most serious runners, this shoe is probably best suited as a recovery shoe-walking after running serious miles (in another shoe) or a casual, light recovery run.

The shoes still feel great, but depending on how you strike when running, it can feel too soft. Too soft as in may result in foot fatigue if that makes sense. You can feel every rock, branch, crack in the pavement or bug you step on. I felt a hot spot on my right foot near the front but not in my left.

In all of my runners I get a size 13, but this is probably the tightest flyknit I’ve ever worn. It almost feels like I could get away with a 13.5.

All in all, this is a great shoe and the technology is pretty cool. Definitely a recovery run shoe or a “I’m going to be on my feet all day” type shoe. It kind of reminds me of the Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 from a few years ago, just with some extra cushioning.

Again, I think if Nike combines the Joyride tech with Zoom, Zoom X or React they may find a sweet spot for an actual running shoe with the tech. I’d even say if they make the heel double stacked or add more beads with bigger units maybe, but it’s still too soft for my liking to run in. Lifestyle wear for sure though.

Are these the most comfortable Nike for walking? Looking for a comfortable everyday shoe.

if you want comfort for everyday shoe, i think the react presto being on sale these days are the best bang for the buck, even at retail its one of the most comfortable out there

Are these the most comfortable Nike for walking? Looking for a comfortable everyday shoe.

if you want comfort for everyday shoe, i think the react presto being on sale these days are the best bang for the buck, even at retail its one of the most comfortable out there

THIS. Cant beat the Presto React at retail or sale for just walking. It would be the best option hands down.

These are a close in comfort, but for $190 I’d definitely wait for a sale in the interim.

THIS. Cant beat the Presto React at retail or sale for just walking. It would be the best option hands down.

These are a close in comfort, but for $190 I’d definitely wait for a sale in the interim.

I can’t wait for the Oreo color way. My current walker’s/gym shoes are the Epic Reacts which have seen their time. Looking to upgrade to these which should serve nicely.

I ordered a pair just to try on today. Hopefully they come by Wednesday. Most of the reviews sound like this is a good casual shoe. I have Presto Reacts and Epic Reacts. Nothing compares to comfort in those for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom