Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

****ing loser. you didnt have to take all the pairs you scummy *** loser
received_1798973500452810.jpeg

At least the lid is ripped off so he can’t sell on stockx.. but ya, Nike needs to do something about this, but they won’t.

Ya, drop ins are pretty damn sweet imo. Zach is a tennis player and hasn’t played in any previous drop ins it looks like to my knowledge (previous to the GT series)

Ya, just 10-15 hours of on court time to truly see how a shoe performs and holds up. I don’t care what anyone says, a dremel isn’t showing anything other than the “highest grit sandpaper” can tear through almost anything. A hardwood court will not do that to a shoe.

Regardless, I like his knowledge on the way a shoe fits a foot etc.

But you need more than 2-3 hours of running around in a shoe to know how it truly performs.

✌🏼
my concern with the dremel test is the toe digging in to the material. my wife's and son's shoe typically would tear up which isn't good at all. the typical shoes that are susceptible to that are thin mesh fabric based or sock like. that's why both of them avoid. I'll try and see them in person next week how they are.

these are the type of concern that I'm worried about.

I know my son and wife's shoe took about less than a year to have theirs to be in that state.

my experience though was with Adidas Rose shoes with the mesh upper. but that one took a few years to show signs of tearing up.

There is multiple layers in the upper of the Cut 2. I see zero concern with the upper tearing from on court use indoors. It’s just my opinion but I’ve played 4 season games in them and about 16 hrs at practice and shoot a rounds and they look great. I actually like the upper on the 2 better than the 1

Ya, drop ins are pretty damn sweet imo. Zach is a tennis player and hasn’t played in any previous drop ins it looks like to my knowledge (previous to the GT series)

Ya, just 10-15 hours of on court time to truly see how a shoe performs and holds up. I don’t care what anyone says, a dremel isn’t showing anything other than the “highest grit sandpaper” can tear through almost anything. A hardwood court will not do that to a shoe.

Regardless, I like his knowledge on the way a shoe fits a foot etc.

But you need more than 2-3 hours of running around in a shoe to know how it truly performs.

✌🏼
From what I’ve read, and my podiatrist as well, they all seem to hate drop-in midsoles for some reason. I find them to be awesome when implemented right, and I actually thinned out my GT Cut 1 insole and put ultra thin orthos on top of them haha, so probably shouldn’t listen to me at all 😂

the only thing that I didn't agree with him on is with regards to drop-in midsoles and how unstable they were and can cause injury. this was in regards to the complaints of the GT Cuts. considering the history of drop-in, he didn't further investigate if it is really the true cause of such injuries. also, this is not the first time that shoes had a drop-in midsole and there wasn't a complaint much about them. imo, I believe it has to do more with the implementation of the shoe and it's cushion setup that can contribute to what is making the person susceptible to certain injuries.

here is what I noticed with the GT Cut 1's. there seems to be more pressure on my shins and calves. also, I didn't feel any instability inside the shoe that makes my feet slide all-over the place. what I did notice is that I felt I was wearing heels which made my calves contract more and felt my shins seem to be forced forward. my suspicion though is on the drop elevation rather than the midsole moving.

when you say 10-15 hours, do you mean the total break-in time or continuous play?

if it's the total break-in time, I somehow agree with you.
Any NBA player that played in them this season get an injury similar to what the podiatrist YT dude talks about? I really don't think drop in midsoles cause that much instability if pros are wearing them and they go 100x harder than the regular NT user.

From what I’ve read, and my podiatrist as well, they all seem to hate drop-in midsoles for some reason. I find them to be awesome when implemented right, and I actually thinned out my GT Cut 1 insole and put ultra thin orthos on top of them haha, so probably shouldn’t listen to me at all 😂
if they give some sensible reason for it, I would listen. but I believe it has more to do with the business of selling orthotics rather than saying something is not ideal about it. besides, custom orthotics as well are more like thinned out midsoles.

Any NBA player that played in them this season get an injury similar to what the podiatrist YT dude talks about? I really don't think drop in midsoles cause that much instability if pros are wearing them and they go 100x harder than the regular NT user.
well we would have multiple lawsuits by now if that was such a problem with regards to instability. the closest I have been to injuries caused by a shoe recently was a defective 35 eclipse plate. I know those messed up my foot due to them being defective. although I think I read somewhere that some were experiencing some problems with the eclipse plate as well with some discomfort or pain in their midfoot?

Not that excited about these 2’s. not a shoe for an ailing foot as Zach said. Really good review, I believe a lot of what he said. It makes sense, all the foam and zoom, and push force, etc.

36 lows: little higher off the ground, narrower, stiffer midfoot than the Cut 1s.
Cut 1: better heel lock down and are more flexible midsole. wider and more stable base. sits lower
IMO.
I'm not a reviewer

I'd compare the Cut 1s to the Kyrie Infinity if anything.

36 have a very stable base for me. Also the entire foot dr review was about all the cushion in the drop in midsole causing instability/delay in reaction etc

36 have a very stable base for me. Also the entire foot dr review was about all the cushion in the drop in midsole causing instability/delay in reaction etc
Ya, can’t say I notice any delay. If there is it’s so minuscule you’ll never notice.

Last edited:
I didn’t think the Cut 1’s were all that, so I’m probably out on the newer version.

Not really a fan of drop-in midsoles either. Most of the shoes I’ve tried with them ended feeling kinda clunky, and just don’t feel as good as a traditional setup.
Same here, I personally prefer a traditional set up. I don't think you're missing out if you can't get the GT Cuts. KD 14s, Kyrie Infinity are just as good IMO. I haven't played in the KD 15s yet.

My favorite drop-ins were the Superhero Kobe 8. The cushion was a little firmer than the regular 8s but had more impact protection.

Same here, I personally prefer a traditional set up. I don't think you're missing out if you can't get the GT Cuts. KD 14s, Kyrie Infinity are just as good IMO. I haven't played in the KD 15s yet.

My favorite drop-ins were the Superhero Kobe 8. The cushion was a little firmer than the regular 8s but had more impact protection.
Hands down my favorite set up, felt like unlocked zoom before they were calling it that. I really think the firm insole really was the key to that drop in. As I get older I realize cushions like react are nice short term, but that much movement in the foot seems to cause more harm than good in the long run

Hands down my favorite set up, felt like unlocked zoom before they were calling it that. I really think the firm insole really was the key to that drop in. As I get older I realize cushions like react are nice short term, but that much movement in the foot seems to cause more harm than good in the long run
Is it more attributed to the movement or foam composite?

Is it more attributed to the movement or foam composite?
I think it’s absolutely the foam. I will do basketball workouts in very minimal shoes that are closer to barefoot with no real issues. I truly think the heel and the forefoot are the only places that need real impact protection. It doesn’t make sense to me to have impact protection in the mid foot, but that’s just from my personal experience

Speaking of drop in soles, remember when the whole damn shoe was a drop in? Wonder what foot doctor Zach would say 😂😂

I had both of these back in the day
Pippen 5 and Payton 3 I think

Pretty cool idea in theory. When your shoe got worn out just take the skin off and put a new one on lol

5611C21C-B748-4AA4-B2DB-D3F2D34552F7.jpeg
4E0CBCA7-D839-4FC3-81A1-79E235E7FC71.jpeg
19DBF5C3-1AF0-4CA7-85E2-C29A90C068ED.jpeg

Speaking of drop in soles, remember when the whole damn shoe was a drop in? Wonder what foot doctor Zach would say 😂😂

Pretty cool idea in theory. When your shoe got worn out just take the skin off and put a new one on lol

I always liked the monkey paw design on those and others like the Nike Air Zoom Vis Uptempo

I had the pippen V. Loved the morph series

I think it’s absolutely the foam. I will do basketball workouts in very minimal shoes that are closer to barefoot with no real issues. I truly think the heel and the forefoot are the only places that need real impact protection. It doesn’t make sense to me to have impact protection in the mid foot, but that’s just from my personal experience
what the midfoot needs though is stability and proper conformity. it doesn't need impact protection for basketball or flat surfaces.

Back
Top Bottom