Nike Flyknit Lunar3 ( 698181) March 1st 2015

Arent as narrow as people are making them sound. I bought my pairs to run in and I didnt even go a half size up. I bought my normal 10, 10.5 I was swimming in, even double socked.

I am usually a 9.5 in racers. My last 2 pick ups (blk/wht and oreo/volt) actually felt tighter than my MCs and oreos. My padded trainers are all sz10, 9.5 was too tight. I don't own any lunars yet, just the 2 IDs that are on the way are a 10. I didn't want to miss out so i went the safe way. I am debating a 9.5 in the blue pair since i will be using them to work out. Any suggestions before i order both sizes of RRS?? lol

Last edited:
Anyone who has both, which is more comfy?

Speaking with racers and FL2s the lunar is way more comfortable than the zoom unit in the racers. As far as aestheticis I prefer the racers but if you are looking to treat your feet imo the only cushioning system out there better than Lunar is Adidas boost.

View media item 1433919My cart shows this message at the top so this might be why orders wont ship today.

I am debating if i should order the same size as my racers or go up .5. Everyone keeps saying they run narrow so idk if i should. Fml

They felt extremely TTS to me. Had more flexibility and softness than the FK1 (I had issues with the FK1 toe when I went TTS).

10.5 - unpadded Trainers, Racers, FK3
Between 10.5/11 - padded Trainers, FK1

I am usually a 9.5 in racers. My last 2 pick ups (blk/wht and oreo/volt) actually felt tighter than my MCs and oreos. My padded trainers are all sz10, 9.5 was too tight. I don't own any lunars yet, just the 2 IDs that are on the way are a 10. I didn't want to miss out so i went the safe way. I am debating a 9.5 in the blue pair since i will be using them to work out. Any suggestions before i order both sizes of RRS?? lol

Im a true size 10.

Racers im a 10.5 but my MC's are 10 which feel fine. The 10.5 is a tad roomy but not as roomy as a 10.5 in the Lunar 3's. I was swimming in a 10.5.

I buy Racers a half size up just cause I do workouts in em and a 10 would be uncomfortable. Otherwise, casual use a 10 is fine.

I think ill be grabbing these Lunar 3's in my TTS. Im going ro run in mine tomorrow, will let everyone know how they feel.

Id say grab your TTS, even if you will run in them. You can go up a half size to be safe and will be fine. Im just particular about how a shoe fits when I use them for performance.

.5 up for me and I'm glad i did. I like the slight extra room. TTS to me was a little constricting. I also go .5 up on racers.

Speaking with racers and FL2s the lunar is way more comfortable than the zoom unit in the racers. As far as aestheticis I prefer the racers but if you are looking to treat your feet imo the only cushioning system out there better than Lunar is Adidas boost.

I've been a big fan of boost since I got my feet in those Pure Boost. I have never had a Lunar sole shoe.

Which do you prefer?

What I am hearing is that the boost are better because (and I forgot the proper terminology for this) but it absorbs impact and sends the energy back at the shoe.

forgot to post, but I definetely would not buy any of these online. When I got my first pair at the store the right shoe was completely grey on the towbox, while the left was more black. They looked like different color ways. Just a heads up

naw. guus stressing out on female CWs, just in sane, but if u okay with it, then OK! too much pyrex,.jogger beasts playing to the tune.

guys with bigger feet compromising n self consoling demselves..

i agree on the CW, but heavily mismatched multi.colorways is just whack.

im.looking for multi.colorways, not mismatched shoes, midas whale wear difft.color.socks or.difft.color shoes. but whatever floats ya boat

Last edited:
forgot to post, but I definetely would not buy any of these online. When I got my first pair at the store the right shoe was completely grey on the towbox, while the left was more black. They looked like different color ways. Just a heads up
That's the nature of the Flyknit production process. Yarn distribution is random. A lot of people prefer the varying colors from shoe to shoe.

Last edited:
naw. guus stressing out on female CWs, just in sane, but if u okay with it, then OK! too much pyrex,.jogger beasts playing to the tune.

guys with bigger feet compromising n self consoling demselves..

i agree on the CW, but heavily mismatched multi.colorways is just whack.

im.looking for multi.colorways, not mismatched shoes, midas whale wear difft.color.socks or.difft.color shoes. but whatever floats ya boat

just stop with the whole "midas whale" stuff, you sound like a moron. and stop reiterating your point, we get it. you disagree with guys buying colorways that are intended for women

I've been a big fan of boost since I got my feet in those Pure Boost. I have never had a Lunar sole shoe.

Which do you prefer?

What I am hearing is that the boost are better because (and I forgot the proper terminology for this) but it absorbs impact and sends the energy back at the shoe.

Only ever tried on a boost shoe, waiting for the ultra boost to come down from $180 lol. That's way too much. I might grab a pair of pure boosts in the meantime but just from a little walking in the boost I can tell it is a cushier more comfy feel. Perfect for standing all day at work or whatever. I prefer the Lunars aesthetically and really dislike Adidas prime knit or whatever they are calling it but that wouldn't stop me from buying multiple boost shoes just for the comfort. (PS saying I prefer the lunars doesn't mean I think the boost shoes are ugly)

Nope, just chatted with a NDC rep and none of the Lunars from yesterday's release were able to be shipped from the warehouse yesterday due to weather.

I did score a 15% code though
tongue.gif
Im whining about orders from Monday that they sat on for 3 days and they said its my fault lol.

Just ran in my blue/black pair.

GREAT. No break in period, I came from the Pegasus 30. Im a neutral runner who needs support. The Peg 30's were great although wide and roomy. I grabbed the Peg 31 a couple weeks ago and returned them. Too bouncy for me. The Lunar 3's (TTS, normally I size up in shoes I run in) and these were amazing out of the box. Very firm, yet supportive. Lacing system works great and my feet felt very secure. A lot of room in the toebox so they arent narrow like some are mentioning. I did a quick 2 mile run on the treadmill on a 1.0 incline and my feet never hurt or felt tired. Im not a great runner by any means, maybe 5-10 miles a week and these will by my new go to running shoes. I sometimes have achilles pains when I run but didnt have them in these. I hated the Lunar 1's to run in cause my feet were always sliding around and I never felt truely planted. These are amazing.

Pros:
Great fit @ TTS
Firm and supportive ride
Lacing system works great
Roomy toebox without your feet sliding aroubd
No break in period.

those are trainers tho 
nerd.gif

the zoom unit in the trainers isn't just for show though...they're very comfy exercise shoes.

it's just when you compare them to the lunarlon counterparts, the lunarlon wins out due to the foam being so pillow-y soft.

the zoom unit in the trainers isn't just for show though...they're very comfy exercise shoes.

it's just when you compare them to the lunarlon counterparts, the lunarlon wins out due to the foam being so pillow-y soft.

Never got to run in Trainers but they are a lot more comfotable than the Racers. That being said my Trainers become very slippery in the gym as the soles began to wear out.

Never got to run in Trainers but they are a lot more comfotable than the Racers. That being said my Trainers become very slippery in the gym as the soles began to wear out.

yeah, that's the only issue. once you wear down the traction nubs down on the trainers...they're done. mine are on the last legs, but i only use them for walking these days.

the racers only have forefoot zoom compared to the trainer's forefoot and heel zoom.

any other sites carrying the b/w lunar 3's or are they just on ndc and niketowns (in-stores now?) ? this b/w hype is so odd. never have i seen people flock to such a "basic" color way. damn you kanye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom