Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

This is BS, everyone has the right to complain and say how the shoe fits....

I don't recall saying that complaints weren't allowed lol. I simply said I didn't understand some peoples' complaints. But thanks for actually explaining yours

Where can I get another pair of these for the best deal as of now ? ( anything below retail) please help me out

I think the VIP price on Road Runner Sports.com is the best deal right now. And you might be able to still find a 20% off code that still works. I'm not sure though. You'll have to try it for yourself. Hope this helps!

I wish the black/grey/white pair was on RRS so I could get them on a discount. Was originally holding out hope for getting one of the City Pack pairs, but that's looking less and less likely with how they're handling those releases through Mercer. Will probably just settle for the GR version.

Last edited:
Order them from RRS and get some $$$ off. Mine came on Friday.

Yea I got my volts from RRS for $128. If I can manage to get another coupon code, I think I'll pull the trigger on those blue ones next. Plus RRS seems to be the only place where I can find a size 12.5

If anyone is trying to cop from Eastbay, you can use the code URLEB273 to get them for $143.98. That's with the $7.99 shipping option included. You can't use more than one coupon code (to my knowledge)

I called Sports Authority this morning and asked if the 30% coupon was still valid and could be used on Free Flyiknits.  I was told the coupon did expire but if you go into the store and order online at the store you will get 25% off one item.  And this can be used on the Free Flyknits.

Just tried these on at my local City Sports. I like how they look, but on feet they feel terrible and look awkward. I'll be sticking with my Racers and Trainers. Maybe I'll bite one day. Lol.

I would suggest going up a half size if you are wearing these for everyday shoes.  If you are planning to run in them, stay true to size.  They don't stretch much if any at all.  I normally wear 10.5 and had to take them back after two days because they hurt my feet too bad.  The size 11 aren't as tight on my feet.  I have a wider than normal foot though, so that could be part of it.

^ ^ ^
I agree with the sizing, for workouts, stay true to size. When trying on the shoes at the store, do not let the tight fit by the ribbed cuff fool you, walk around and make sure there isn't too much room on the toe and heel. The ribbed cuff somewhat pushes your foot forward and there tends to be some room by the heel, something I did not notice when trying on in the store.

I sized up by half due to the tight fit and me wearing socks, I did some running and plyo on these last night and while running is not much of a problem, doing some jumping and hopping and calf raises, I could feel it simply being too big working on my toes. There wasn't much heel slippage per say but they definitely felt less stable and "roomy".

The tightness kind of went away as I worked out, my foot adapted to it once the blood flow got going I guess but once on cooldown with less movement, it started to get a bit tight again and uncomfortable for me. My guess is my feet could only take an hour or so of the tightness strangling my feet but that might just be me. I'll put it through some more test in the next few weeks if it stretches with more workouts/runs.

Shoes are incredible though, so light and felt lower to the ground than the Trainers 3.0, must be less cushioned insole? The knitted uppers also has a good lock down feel though not as stable with less padding, I could still see myself doing plyo & HIIT with this.

So that's just my experience so far.

The fit on these is so good that I'm thinking about just removing the laces.

And if anyone has a hookup for the Flyknit socks, please let me know. Can't find a pair.

Good stuff raf, I like how the swoosh has the lining around it. I'd suggest painting medial swoosh the same way.

Did you use angelus?

Thanks fellas!

Yessir, mixed up some angelus to get the volt color. The white around the swoosh was a last minute decision, and was just free handed :lol:

I was thinking either matching medial swoosh, or black with a white outline to give them that asymmetric feel. I'll think about it..

Thanks fellas!

Yessir, mixed up some angelus to get the volt color. The white around the swoosh was a last minute decision, and was just free handed
laugh.gif

I was thinking either matching medial swoosh, or black with a white outline to give them that asymmetric feel. I'll think about it..
Swoosh work with the neon came out lovely. Black speckles on midsole are fine as well. I personally think you overdid it with the neon speckles.

Back
Top Bottom