Nike Doernbecher X freestyle collection 2013

got in line at NTNY yesterday, got the 10's and foams. flipped em both at sneakercon that night. didn't realize the foams were hitting 1k already, but kids were getting their pairs go for around 6 bills out there, so I was happy to get mine off for 7. I made my profit already, not gonna complain.
Wow

is it best to cop a pair now or later? when the paranorms n galaxy foams dropped, where was the price averaged at during the first week after release? Can't believe paranorms are listed higher than galaxys on eBay!
Honestly I think it would be best to get at them asap. Like I mentioned, yesterday I saw a lot of people selling for around $600, but then again that's in person and that's in cash on the spot. But if you manage to find someone just trying to make quick cash and they're around the 6-7 hundred range, I think it'd be worth it. I see them maxing out at around $1000, but that's just my opinion. 
laugh.gif
So you were one of the people loading stuff into a van. I kid.

And hell no, these aren't better than the galaxy. Not even better than the Woodland camo pair. It's a sloppy print with an uglier sole.

roll.gif

I wish.. haha. This guy right next to me in line only wanted the free runs (which are beautiful in person, by the way), and you could buy one of every shoe, but I didn't have any cash to give him to buy me another pair of 10s or foams. There seemed to be a lot of pairs to go around at first though, because the whole time I was on line, I saw almost everyone come out with a Jordan or white box. I got really lucky though, the lines were really disorganized but I managed to be at a good spot, since they were running out of pairs when I got in. Had to settle for sizes on my pickups, but couldn't get my size in free run's or my girl's roshes. 

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how the whole pickup unclaimed pairs works? Do you go a few hours before the pickup time? How does it work? And if you picked up an unclaimed pair for any of the DB's how was your experience? Thanks.

Can someone explain to me how the whole pickup unclaimed pairs works? Do you go a few hours before the pickup time? How does it work? And if you picked up an unclaimed pair for any of the DB's how was your experience? Thanks.
 you just come in after pickup time is over and hope they still have pairs, sometimes its fcfs,raffle, yesterday some did re-rsvps, I guess its up to the store(or corporate).....

I can tell you that Nike NYC had no clue what do with the db collection yesterday, and some got very lucky because of this.

I can tell you that Nike NYC had no clue what do with the db collection yesterday, and some got very lucky because of this.
So after pickup time they just allow you to buy whatever is left? Was there like some organized line waiting?

is it best to cop a pair now or later? when the paranorms n galaxy foams dropped, where was the price averaged at during the first week after release? Can't believe paranorms are listed higher than galaxys on eBay!

As far as i've seen a DB shoe has NEVER dropped back in price. they always just go up and up.

So after pickup time they just allow you to buy whatever is left? Was there like some organized line waiting?

I was one of those lucky people. They had rsvp pairs, and extra pairs. It was unorganized as hell. There was one line for everything, when it was your turn if you had rsvp you could go upstairs for your pair . If you didn't have rsvp you would wait inside on another line for the extra pairs.

Last edited:
If these DB FOAMS RELEASED as a gr they'd sit on to next release nike is full of sh*t wit these twitter release shoes it's all hype and gimmick to use these kids to sell sneakers..I've had a few DB MIKES in the past and not tht impressive after u have them in hand with that being said I hope the folks who wanted em to rock got theirs but for those who just got em to sell for a rack or better I hope a restock is on it's way bcuz these releases have becomrdn near impossible..they're dope but not 1000$ dope

I disagree these foams are crazy they would sell as many as they wanted to.

also i wouldn't blame someone who sells them for 1k + that's what the market is now. you'd be stupid to sell for less.

I kno ppl have mixed feelings about the foams in person but I promise the X's look way better. I'll upload a few shots to help persuade a few cats.

I disagree these foams are crazy they would sell as many as they wanted to.

also i wouldn't blame someone who sells them for 1k + that's what the market is now. you'd be stupid to sell for less.
IDK about that. BINs are already at $850 and sinking for size 13! Which is normally the most expensive....

I kno ppl have mixed feelings about the foams in person but I promise the X's look way better. I'll upload a few shots to help persuade a few cats.
I don't have mine yet but from others pics I like the Jordan's. Seem like they didn't add much detail to the shoe like the past Db's. Just a sloppy paint job and a tag

I think anybody reselling these foams should consider donating some $ to the hospital.

I think %10 would be a fair amount, that way the hospital gets an extra $100 and the reseller still has room to make a good profit.

that's fine if you don't agree i'm just stating my opinion.
I personally could not in good conscious sell these and make $700-800 and not donate a penny to the charity they were made for.

I've seen NT members donate ALL of their profit from DB5 sales and I thought that was a very admirable thing to do.

I think anybody reselling these foams should consider donating some $ to the hospital.

I think %10 would be a fair amount, that way the hospital gets an extra $100 and the reseller still has room to make a good profit.

I personally could not in good conscious sell these and make $700-800 and not donate a penny to the charity they were made for.

I've seen NT members donate ALL of their profit from DB5 sales and I thought that was a very admirable thing to do.
idk....nike only does this for self promotion when you look deep down into it....

producing 8000+/- pairs that sell out in a instance. when you can produce 25000+ and still sell every single one....
mean.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK about that. BINs are already at $850 and sinking for size 13! Which is normally the most expensive....

I threw the 1k out just as an example, really just making the point that nobody would sell for significantly less than market value.

People get sour when cats want to get $1,000 for a shoe that is worth $1,000. nobody is going to do you a favor and lose a few hundred on principle or whatever.

also there will be a few pairs that go for $600-800 in the first few days just like DB5's but I would be shocked if these end up being worth less than $900.

I was planning on donating half to the Philippine typhoon situation, myself being Filipino and all. That's just me though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom