Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

Are those Yankee trainers on ebay anywhere? I hate the Yankees but I send my bro in the Army serving in Iraq carepackages of Yank stuff

^ there are 2 pairs of 11's up on Ebay.

Another Oregon sample...
tr1-2-SC-570x385.jpg
tr1-1-SC.jpg
tr1-3-SC.jpg
tr1-4-SC1-570x247.jpg
tr1-5-SC-570x311.jpg

I love the basic nature of the vast majority of these limited releases. A few unique stitches/logos and some very basic color blocking, and YOU'RE set.

/begin rant
nice dr. damon. i think the FT has basic air, possibly full length encapsulated air, as the shoe name is simple air trainer 1 low ft. They actually need tore-release the zoom trainer 1 mid, and throw out this crap. No disrespect to this model. They just really blew my mind with forefoot zoom, and heel zoom in amid cut. Here they knew im guessing $110 wasnt a good price point (except for limited manny hype releases) and found $90 was good with a basic Phylite FOAMmidsole (tell me that wont wear out over time as if we're going back to the early 90s) and an air max heel which isnt all bad.

To really get you thinking, the zoom tennis trainer, has both heel and forefoot zoom air and had a price point of $80 bucks. so you really have to questionwhat you are buying at $90 bucks. You had the pinnacle of cross training shoes happen 5 years ago, yet digress to this model and somehow find a way to marketit just right... making a shoe to make a shoe, for almost no good performance reason, is what nike does best.. I said it awhile back but I bet Nike alreadyknows and has that ideal sneaker where you will never need anything again, but that wont sell shoes. here youre told its good and nice enough for the athletesto train in so we believe them and buy. yet fundamentally its atleast 4 stages below over cross trainers.

marketing prowess + a mediocre shoe = buying and believing what you hear.

designers from their own mouths have stated synthetic materials are lighter and more durable. Yet when you do a real world weight test, they may be in factlighter, but its a mere 1 ounce. what weighs an ounce? A mere 6 pieces of standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper. synthetics , bottom line, are atleast twice as cheap, yetcan be charged to the consumer at nearly the same price. More profit for nike giving you an inferior product. aint that nice.

with that said, with what i know, all these shoes are worth no more than $50, maybe $60 bucks. I have yet to find a deal on any set of c/ws in my size. yetmannys are going for $400 bucks when the shoes themselves are of standard material and build. Straight up joke.

/end rant.

also, be weary of ebay sellers. there ARE fakes out there on the foreign markets.

RE: the MAC trainer 1s, i just realized the heel NIKE AIR stitching is NOT like that on any other trainer 1 out there, including the bright cactus and thelegacy pack trainer. Its truly a straight replica of the air trainer 1 stitching at the heel which is a great ODE to that shoe

ie: this

equals this:
3b715f4262c2cdb87b2618e56dbc16b1210ebfd.pjpg

Which is a heck of a lot better than:
AirTrainer3_87635_large.jpg

wally, good points, especaily about the zoom tennis trainer costing only 80 bucks, which is a great shoe at a great pricepont, and were in the outlets for like60 bucks. the red ones might be found on sale on tenniswarehouse.com. i also purchased the chorophyll colorway of those and love them. are these new airtrainer 1's worth 90 bucks for a heel air bag? of course not. they look cool, but there are better deals and shoes to be had for that price. marketing oversubstance, but i just couldn't resist. The old school nike air on the heel looks much much better than the huge nike on the back. by the way, my ft'ssure feel like they have full length zoom. and i think i remember reading an article in $0lecollector or slam about the ft's saying that this wastinker's modern version of the trainer one with zoom air.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

wally, good points, especaily about the zoom tennis trainer costing only 80 bucks, which is a great shoe at a great pricepont, and were in the outlets for like 60 bucks. the red ones might be found on sale on tenniswarehouse.com. i also purchased the chorophyll colorway of those and love them. are these new air trainer 1's worth 90 bucks for a heel air bag? of course not. they look cool, but there are better deals and shoes to be had for that price. marketing over substance, but i just couldn't resist. The old school nike air on the heel looks much much better than the huge nike on the back. by the way, my ft's sure feel like they have full length zoom. and i think i remember reading an article in $0lecollector or slam about the ft's saying that this was tinker's modern version of the trainer one with zoom air.
The FT isn't a modern version of the AT1. The FT (First Take) is what the AT1 was supposed to look like way back in '87/'88. Instead, Nike released what we all consider the OG version. The release of the AT1FT in '04 was an ode to Tinkers original design....whether or notit's zoom is a different story but I'm almost positive it's a full encapsulated air cushion.

thanks for clearing up the origins of the FT.... i do remember seeing some drawings of it somewhere....zoom or not, they sure are comfortable.

those bo's are really nice. hopefully nike made plenty of these and the macs, so maybe eastbay will take off the discount restricion. hopefully they willshow up on finishline.com.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

thanks for clearing up the origins of the FT.... i do remember seeing some drawings of it somewhere....zoom or not, they sure are comfortable.

Ahhh... you'll need to talk to Wally... he should have a pic... or 10 of Tinker's various sketches... But HnT's right, FT's were an ode to hisoriginal designs...

Yu Darvish's (of the Nippon Ham Fighters) PE TR1's...
Clean... simple... I like.
nike-japan-2.jpg

I wonder when he's gonna play in the majors...
smil3ea6266f6797e.gif

Back
Top Bottom