Nike Air Zoom Oscillate Lux

I know there aren't many tennis fans in here, but I also know that there are a few Air Oscillate appreciators in here...

anyway, the Air Oscillate was famous for being Pete Sampras' shoe of choice during his career... this special 'Lux' edition is a tribute to hissuccess, which also includes a leather insole listing all 14 of his grand slam trophies... I'm not particularly fond of the colorway, but the leather isNICE... these shoes also come with a shoe bag listing his 14 trophies and his new logo...

Retail, if I remember correctly, is around $170...
333803-271_02.jpg
333803-271_03.jpg
333803-271_04.jpg
333803-271_05.jpg

333803-271_06.jpg
333803-271_07.jpg

333803-271_08.jpg

08025fde65670e2673326c24a2b1dbd0abd1fb4.pjpg

057259fecb65cea87e6252ef43c2de9bb9123c3.pjpg
11635da0ed2d64f4ea3d71d32d6a86d38fa8817.pjpg

Pics courtesy of the 'net and TennisTalk

Jeezus... can't they just do the lux leather thing on the classic wht/blue colorway?

This colorway is garbage.

Originally Posted by Kevco

Jeezus... can't they just do the lux leather thing on the classic wht/blue colorway?

Well, there's also an all-white colorway... but I agree, they shoulda stuck with the classic colorway, or at least with the special black/red one forPete's 23rd birthday... again, pics from the kinda folks at TalkTennis...

these aren't a Lux colorway...

other past colorways include (none of which are a Lux edition)

white/red/black - very nice

the traditional white/blue (not Lux)
AO-big.jpg

and the very unique silver/blue (again, not Lux)

I really regret not picking up a pair of the retroes that came out last year. Luckily I still have a decent pair of the clay court models. Defintiely the besttennis shoe i've ever worn, and a really simple clean casual shoe to boot.

With that said, if anyone has any size 15 oscillates in good condition, send that good ol' PM.

*edit* I'd shoot someone for those white/blk/reds sinner posted

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Kevco

white/red/black - very nice

the traditional white/blue (not Lux)
AO-big.jpg
Thanks for the pics SinnerP...

Co-sign with KevCo - just give us the white/navy OG colorway!

I love this friggin shoe....and I don't even play tennis. I used to rock these casually ten years ago. I remember buying them for $39.99 at a then-calledSportMart clearance rack.

^ You bet Flint... nice to see some Oscillate-appreciating folks in here...

SamprasFan - (frankly, I'm quite surprised to see a 'Sampras fan' in here... yeah,15's are hard to find... TennisWarehouse still has em onclearance, but they only go up to 13's as you probably already know... but the clay-court version should be just as good for the hard courts... if Iremember correctly, the outsole is just a full-herringbone pattern... close enough to the hard-court version I suppose...

FYI, they are retroing these in an all-white colorway next year...
89115be166e077277c6671b75e9c539bee4a0a4.pjpg

i'm digging all of these lux releases. now if i could only figure out where to get some.

I like the details. I would've chose another colorway
Price is too high for that colo- I like the lil bag though

so so sexy... terrible colorway.... just plain garbage... esp for a tennis shoe. Cmon, BROWN?

That silver blue colorway looks familiar. When i was younger a kid in school had a pair.

The white-red/blacks aren't that bad.

Thanks for sharing.

Any idea where I can cop the LUX at?
I remember when I first saw them and I was like
eek.gif

I'd kill for the black/red Sampra PE's though.
I grew up wearing these kicks as well as watching Sampras play tennis.

I know there was a China white/silver exclusive that popped up from time to time as well. Saw a few on eBay and then they vanished. I might have to buy up afew from TW and paint the uppers black just to have a black colorway.

The pix of the white/black/red and the silver/obsidian are actually mine. I don't own the silver/obsidian anymore though.
However I do own the original white/black/navy now

What's nice about them is that they have a nice glove like fit, so heel slippage was to a minimal. Extremely lightweight as well. To the one that asked,they don't have a carbon shank.
Older colorways don't pop up on eBay that often, if ever.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom