Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

your experience is shared by many of us on here. ive helped a ton of people out whether it was posting links, finding products locally and helping with a store transfer so I don't exchange any cash, doing pickups, etc. ive just learned that not every release will yield the favor in return BUT there are definitely releases were it is returned. People do tend to help people out on here. Just not really on a release like this.

Follow the sb thread and youll find one of the most family oriented, info sharing groups on NT (before the tiff stuff). Dudes in the roshe, LeBron, kobe thread all help each other out. Those are just examples and aren't limited to just those threads.

Fair enough.

i guarantee we will hear stories in the coming weeks about people getting scammed for being too greedy...

the chargeback scam is gonna be out in full force on these...

take less money and sell to people ya know if you can...

Last edited:
i guarantee we will hear stories in the coming weeks about people getting scammed for being too greedy...

agreed. I can also see stories for dudes getting scammed by buyers too. an ugly market for sure.

Lots of fakes will be mixed in inthe next couple weeks on eBay SMH , I already see people paying$1000 + for fakes

It's horrible to watch

i'm just hoping someone i've hooked up b4 got these in a size 12 and hits me up with a decent deal (besides, it's better to sell to someone ya know won't rip you off and make less money, than to get full rape, only for them to file a chargeback on you and get super screwed)...

i'm prolly gonna have to trade out some Y1's, banneds, etc... cuz i don't have that cash lying around right now, i already got plans to spend a lot on miami in march... :smh:

I am definitely trying to formulate a back up plan for sure; after market search for a size 10. Wish it were a NT'er!

Hopefully some will take your advice; even if I am not one of the lucky ones.

agreed. I can also see stories for dudes getting scammed by buyers too. an ugly market for sure.

Yeah, I agree with you. I see people pull that all the time on FB groups, especially on purchases >$1,000.

I just am PRAYING a reseller doesn't go full greed-mode and will hook me up for $2,000ish.

Hopefully some will take your advice; even if I am not one of the lucky ones.
if i had got my size, I woulda kept them...but I did not, so I did this...not worth the eBay scams/hassle or the crazy people who will try to rob you

Yeah, I agree with you. I see people pull that all the time on FB groups, especially on purchases >$1,000.

I just am PRAYING a reseller doesn't go full greed-mode and will hook me up for $2,000ish.

Locally on CL there are already a few listed at $2500 OBO; not my size however.
I just seen a pair of platinums, used 8/10, for $600.
Hopefully some deals will be available on the RO's; even if used.

that's what i was talking about, getting scammed by buyers...

some dude is gonna give you exactly the amount you're looking for, and you're gonna feel like you won the lottery, and nike handed you thousands of dollars...

and then... a couple / few weeks later, you'll feel that sinking feeling when paypal contacts you to inform you there has been a chargeback, and how it's out of their hands, and up to the buyer's CC company...

guess who their CC company is gonna side with, 99.9% of the time...

So uh...

Who wants to sell me a box of rocks?

Name your price 
wink.gif

Locally on CL there are already a few listed at $2500 OBO; not my size however.
I just seen a pair of platinums, used 8/10, for $600.
Hopefully some deals will be available on the RO's; even if used.

you need to send those people asking for 2500 my way :nerd:

lowest price I can find in cali as of right now is 3k maybe a little bit less

Last edited:
Can provide 2 sides to this coin.

As someone with a 9-5 and family. I'd be chapped if they moved to this format. I work all day and spend time with my fam on the weekends. Random release go to e-campers or people glued to their phones. As fair as it is, those who lead a fuller life never have the opportunity.

That being said, it certainly beats having the bots grab all the pairs... But at least with bots I have a chance.

As someone with a family and a full time job myself, I'm glad the way Nike did the random release. I'd rather take my chances against others who have to manually add to cart than compete against bots and early links where sometimes you have to pay for a service just to cop some shoes.

It looks like this release will finally give me the motivation to go to a sneaker convention...

I live in a REALLY small town, and only have 1 mall in an hour drive of me (that only has 1 FootLocker and 1 FNL), and we NEVER get any limited/QS releases (hell, we don't even get Retro 1s, not Breds, Shadows, Laneys, even odd mid colors).  Internet speeds cap around 12MB, and I am usually SOL on release day for anything limited from NDC.  If I wear something something pretty mild like Space Jams's to the mall on RD, I would have sworn people have just seen a unicorn...

I've gotten lucky w/ FNL w/ the Bred 1s, and have got lucky on a few random restocks, but everything else limited that I've wanted...I've had to bend over and go to ebay (DB3's in my avatar for example).  I've always liked the DB releases (cool concepts, and really enjoy the idea behind the donations), but ever since the DB9 release...it's bot/crazy internet speeds (which I have none) or resell.  

When the Yeezy tweet popped up and it finally sunk in that I actually DID get a pair...first thing came to mind was not wearing them (I have no fashion sense...I just have a childhood obsession w/ MJ and the shoes he wore), but "FINALLY A CHANCE TO GET THE DB5s!".

I've sold some of my used kicks on eBay that I've lost the box for, but nothing even close to this price.  Reading all these horror stories have made me scared s-less to even attempt to.  Online trading doesn't seem to be any safer either.  I live (I checked...why not give me a chance to see a big city) 1,200 miles away from FlightClub, and don't know of any reputable consignment stores even in my state (MO).  

I appreciate the people sharing their horror stories here...because it might have saved my butt.  I guess I'll wait until solecon comes to OKC, KC, or STL, and then bring them there.  I'm not hurting for cash, so I'm in no rush.  I wish there was a safer method, but after reading some posts...I just don't trust anyone anymore.

Maybe it because I live in small, typical "white America", suburb, but I've never had to deal with any of the madness/violence/shady stuff most talk about here on NT.  It sucks that there isn't a route to go w/o risking your shoes/money/safety, but w/ something like this...I just don't know if there is any (don't say keep them and wear them...it would be an injustice for someone like me wearing these, when there's someone out there who would appreciate them).  I wish everyone who WANTED them to wear got them...but I know from experience...that's not the case (or I'd have a pair of DBVs, BC3s, WC88s, Royals, etc. etc. etc. etc.)

I'll keep checking solecon's website and hopefully they're coming to MO or OKC sometime this year.  I've always wanted to go just to get a chance to hang around some sneakerheads (only have a few friends that are even remotely interested in shoes), and this will give me an opportunity to do so.

I know it's not a B/S/T thread, but I APPRECIATE, people sharing stories.  For someone like myself who HASN'T gotten a pair of limited shoes on RD...it's good to know the best way to go about it and not get scammed.

*edit* please don't PM me offers, that's not what this post was about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom