Nike Air Yeezy 2 Black / Pink Best Photo Yet Page 1 Vol. LOOK AT THAT SNAKE SHAKE! Updated Nov 1st

I think a pre-order system is genius, at the end of the day, its about Nike getting their money, I would make these limited releases online pre-orders only, everyone who pre-orders gets a pair(or 2 depending on Nike limiting amounts to people), keeps camp outs away, people off the streets and safe, re-sellers wouldn't exist in this scenario, and everyone would(hopefully) be happy, and as for the stores not getting the shoe, would it really make a difference? I dont know if it does, maybe certain shoes should be kept out of stores until these campers and re-sellers fall back a bit. Nike gets their money, I get my shoes and life continues.

Just my 2 cents...

I think a pre-order system is genius, at the end of the day, its about Nike getting their money, I would make these limited releases online pre-orders only, everyone who pre-orders gets a pair(or 2 depending on Nike limiting amounts to people), keeps camp outs away, people off the streets and safe, re-sellers wouldn't exist in this scenario, and everyone would(hopefully) be happy, and as for the stores not getting the shoe, would it really make a difference? I dont know if it does, maybe certain shoes should be kept out of stores until these campers and re-sellers fall back a bit. Nike gets their money, I get my shoes and life continues.

Just my 2 cents...

Oh, and I know my post count is low, been on here for a while now, I just read what you guys write and keep it moving, if I feel compelled to write something then I write it

Another 2 cents...

Oh, and I know my post count is low, been on here for a while now, I just read what you guys write and keep it moving, if I feel compelled to write something then I write it

Another 2 cents...

Originally Posted by andrew3dc

Seeing as there's 3 colorways I think Nike should make at least 1 limited, and another a large general release. That way people can at least get one colorway without having too much trouble and the more dedicated and wealthy collectors can still have a more exclusive pair.

if only... we can dream

Originally Posted by andrew3dc

Seeing as there's 3 colorways I think Nike should make at least 1 limited, and another a large general release. That way people can at least get one colorway without having too much trouble and the more dedicated and wealthy collectors can still have a more exclusive pair.

if only... we can dream

it wouldn't eliminate resellers, but they'd have less of a market to work with (cuz people who really want the shoe will be getting it for retail)... resellers would still cop tho, and hope to shift them to buyers who missed the preorder for whatever reason.

i think they should just do it for shoes they plan to keep limited anyways (and they can still put a cap on the amount of preorders they take, and people would still have a good chance at getting them if they were limited to 1 or 2 pair per household), which wouldn't really hurt stores too much, as they don't get enough of the limited releases to make a ton of money off of them anyways...

the way things are going now, with everyone being a sneakerhead and/or reseller, 6 week camp outs, violence making national headlines, etc., nike will have to make a judgement call, do they want blood on their hands every time a limited shoe camp out goes wrong, and getting a bad name that way, or do they wanna say screw the hype, thirst, and news they create with limited shoes and just find a way to truly supply the demand.

again, that preorder idea is the only thing i could see remotely working, cuz even making these a GR won't avoid the complete chaos about to ensue...

it wouldn't eliminate resellers, but they'd have less of a market to work with (cuz people who really want the shoe will be getting it for retail)... resellers would still cop tho, and hope to shift them to buyers who missed the preorder for whatever reason.

i think they should just do it for shoes they plan to keep limited anyways (and they can still put a cap on the amount of preorders they take, and people would still have a good chance at getting them if they were limited to 1 or 2 pair per household), which wouldn't really hurt stores too much, as they don't get enough of the limited releases to make a ton of money off of them anyways...

the way things are going now, with everyone being a sneakerhead and/or reseller, 6 week camp outs, violence making national headlines, etc., nike will have to make a judgement call, do they want blood on their hands every time a limited shoe camp out goes wrong, and getting a bad name that way, or do they wanna say screw the hype, thirst, and news they create with limited shoes and just find a way to truly supply the demand.

again, that preorder idea is the only thing i could see remotely working, cuz even making these a GR won't avoid the complete chaos about to ensue...

Originally Posted by anwagbo3000

Just my 2 cents...

I don't think retailers would be too unhappy. Obviously they're missing out on a few grand profit but if I'm nike and they complain, I'd tell them that they can always choose to not sell their other Nike products if they want to
roll.gif

Originally Posted by anwagbo3000

Just my 2 cents...

I don't think retailers would be too unhappy. Obviously they're missing out on a few grand profit but if I'm nike and they complain, I'd tell them that they can always choose to not sell their other Nike products if they want to
roll.gif

Yeah .....
I have absolutely NO desire at ALL to buy the sneakers of a rapper who has not one athletic bone in his body. Wished the dentist would've wired his mouth shut permanently.

Yeah .....
I have absolutely NO desire at ALL to buy the sneakers of a rapper who has not one athletic bone in his body. Wished the dentist would've wired his mouth shut permanently.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Yeah .....
That's a little much, he can be an !%% but to make a comment on a person's unfortunate circumstances is OD

Originally Posted by HMack007

Yeah .....
That's a little much, he can be an !%% but to make a comment on a person's unfortunate circumstances is OD

ALL you dudes is buggin with this preorder non sense....It will NEVER Happen....It makes no sense....Dont you realize that Nike feeds into the hype...Nike feeds into the "cool kicks" hype....You have to think of this as a business....many of you get too emotional and forget about the economics of scale here...

Again....we are not Nikes customer (actually a very small percentage of Nike Customer)..Nikes customer is Footlocker Corp, Finishline Corp, Mom and Pops, numerous retailers....Nike is a WHOLESALE operation with a VERY SMALL percentage of retail (which is scaling back with the downsizing of NikeStores)....For every pair of Air Yeezys that Drop and every Galaxy pack...Nike Corporate forces customers to buy tons and tons of GR crap that bricks out or sits until it either turns yellow or gets stupid discounted...Only LARGE customers such as the Footlockers of the world are allowed to RTV after a certain amount of time or product rotation, the rest have to eat it...

So with that being said....you mean to tell me that I been buying FSR's of Jr Max's....Team Jordans....Nike 5.0...and every other non sense line that you never heard of...but NOW its time for those limited Jordans to come out...or Foamposite that will move quick...or Yeezy's...and you want me to be cool with you taking PREORDERS?!??!?!?!? Yea ight....

I know dudes with Mom and Pop accounts that was pricing these things at $325 BEFORE any release info had even come out...They are somewhere around $400 retail....$500-$600 for presale....That is crazy....for me its NDC or bust...Im good...I have more then enough kicks....

Just to put it into further perspective....Mercedes, Ferreri, Lambo's...Aston Martin...they all make high end vehicles...BUT they also make a small line of "superexclusive" vehicles...some are designed to "Reward" loyal customers....most are status symbols.....Yeezy's...Galaxy's...they are Status Symbols....dont fool yourself into thinking that Kanye is a GENIUS designer and thats why you want them....the FACT that they are LIMITED makes them more desirable......Retailers feed into this....Resellers are right behind them....You have to start being honest with yourself first...

You want to change the game....Stop paying $250 for sneakers that cost $20 to make...

even with a preorder resellers would still have a market. you'll inevitably have people who didn't know about the preorder or didn't have money at the time. it would, however, diminish the appeal of a being a reseller.

as for those of you saying these wouldn't make much for a shop, you're thinking of it from an msrp perspective. chances are few shops will actually charge msrp and most will pay at least one month's rest with this release...and to them, that's a nice chunk of change.

ALL you dudes is buggin with this preorder non sense....It will NEVER Happen....It makes no sense....Dont you realize that Nike feeds into the hype...Nike feeds into the "cool kicks" hype....You have to think of this as a business....many of you get too emotional and forget about the economics of scale here...

Again....we are not Nikes customer (actually a very small percentage of Nike Customer)..Nikes customer is Footlocker Corp, Finishline Corp, Mom and Pops, numerous retailers....Nike is a WHOLESALE operation with a VERY SMALL percentage of retail (which is scaling back with the downsizing of NikeStores)....For every pair of Air Yeezys that Drop and every Galaxy pack...Nike Corporate forces customers to buy tons and tons of GR crap that bricks out or sits until it either turns yellow or gets stupid discounted...Only LARGE customers such as the Footlockers of the world are allowed to RTV after a certain amount of time or product rotation, the rest have to eat it...

So with that being said....you mean to tell me that I been buying FSR's of Jr Max's....Team Jordans....Nike 5.0...and every other non sense line that you never heard of...but NOW its time for those limited Jordans to come out...or Foamposite that will move quick...or Yeezy's...and you want me to be cool with you taking PREORDERS?!??!?!?!? Yea ight....

I know dudes with Mom and Pop accounts that was pricing these things at $325 BEFORE any release info had even come out...They are somewhere around $400 retail....$500-$600 for presale....That is crazy....for me its NDC or bust...Im good...I have more then enough kicks....

Just to put it into further perspective....Mercedes, Ferreri, Lambo's...Aston Martin...they all make high end vehicles...BUT they also make a small line of "superexclusive" vehicles...some are designed to "Reward" loyal customers....most are status symbols.....Yeezy's...Galaxy's...they are Status Symbols....dont fool yourself into thinking that Kanye is a GENIUS designer and thats why you want them....the FACT that they are LIMITED makes them more desirable......Retailers feed into this....Resellers are right behind them....You have to start being honest with yourself first...

You want to change the game....Stop paying $250 for sneakers that cost $20 to make...

Back
Top Bottom