Nike Air VaporMax

I really really am enjoying these *****! Contemplating if I should take my plats back since og's are pretty much plats with a red swoosh and red flywire.

It looks like there are at least two more monochromatic grey releases dropping so I would keep OGs and return plats if you plan on picking up either one of those other greys.

How are you guys getting 25% off NDC codes? Most I recently got was 10% for the Lebron OONW fiasco and that's the highest I've ever received.

There was a couple weeks where people were scamming Nike because they claimed they bought the Jordan 15s that didn't have zoom in the forefoot. Sure, there were some who did buy it and had a legit complaint, but there were many who complained and said t was false advertising. Nike was quick with the 25% codes. You can check the xv thread for the details. It was happening around the end of Jan.

I went to my mall that has a footlocker and finish line. Finish line had none. Guy said he didn't like to do it but used store stock to fulfill online orders.
Footlocker had just under my size. He had had me try anyhow to see the flyknit fit or also maybe they would fit and he would of made a sale. It was narrow at the midfoot is what I noticed before the toe box.

Finish line guy had me try the triple white ultra boost they got a new batch of in stock. They were off white yellowing new out of the box on both the foam and plastic. And they just didn't look and feel like the VaporMax. Lacked the polish and precision you expect in a shoe for near $200.
So I ordered online @ Nike just now with Friday delivery.

I'd rather spend my money on high tech invisible air rather than styrofoam but who am I to say [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:

I really really am enjoying these *****! Contemplating if I should take my plats back since og's are pretty much plats with a red swoosh and red flywire.
Keep both man. Plats are so clean.
I'm on the opposite side right now, feeling like the Platinums are a more versatile and neutral colorway.
Agree. I'll receive my OG red this week and was also contemplating on returning the Plats but they are so dope, IMHO, at least. Very neutral and matches with a lot of my jeans and tech fleece pants.

FNL sucks at shipping! They take forever to actually hand the package to UPS. Anyone have this problem? Twice in 2 weeks.

FNL sucks at shipping! They take forever to actually hand the package to UPS. Anyone have this problem? Twice in 2 weeks.
Currently experiencing this myself bro, the worst... my status is stuck on "shipped" 
mean.gif

UBs always kill my feet over time but it's more of a fatigued feeling than a sharp pain on a specific part of my foot. I think the tightness of the knit also has something to do with it. I have always preferred air cushioning for all day walking.
It's that quick sand feeling with Boost which gives that fatigued feeling overtime imo. I think Nike would know better and use higher air pressure around the perimeter of the shoe for support like they always have with past Air Max models.

I haven't worn the vapormax on the street enough yet to get a good enough feel.

Last edited:
View media item 2383913

Haha, I'm biased here, but I'd keep both. The white accents will allow more color choices to work with for clothes while the red one may kinda limit you a bit.

Wish I pulled the trigger earlier on the platinums..they were swoosh price too
frown.gif
Word is there's another restock on these...just not sure when. Don't fret. Even if not, there's going to be a smorgasbord of options to chose from.

How are you guys getting 25% off NDC codes? Most I recently got was 10% for the Lebron OONW fiasco and that's the highest I've ever received.

I actually got 2 codes from the Jordan XV fiasco, but i actually bought a pair and could prove it to them

I feel you on that, but I am a person that always appreciates some color opposed to a monochromatic look. 

basically why I went with the OGs myself. I wanted the platinums first but kept looking at them and decided I had enough all white looking shoes (just kidding, I can never have enough all white) but went with the OGs because of the little color they do have. Its a nice switch up for me. Plus I dont have many shoes with red on them at all.

I feel you on that, but I am a person that always appreciates some color opposed to a monochromatic look. 

basically why I went with the OGs myself. I wanted the platinums first but kept looking at them and decided I had enough all white looking shoes (just kidding, I can never have enough all white) but went with the OGs because of the little color they do have. Its a nice switch up for me. Plus I dont have many shoes with red on them at all.
I'm the opposite I prefer the monochromatic look, I copped both and I'm only going to keep one when I see them in person. Pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Plats though, they're too clean.

Back
Top Bottom