Nike Air Trainer Max '91 Grey Stone / Yellow

all the other colors are terrible. why have these only been re-released twice? It feels like less since I always seem to be missing out on these, then when I have guap again, they're nowhere to be found. thoughts?

View media item 354281

I would argue that they've never been properly retro'ed ever. I mean the colors and materials were so far off of what they were originally. The releases have been so poor that I didn't even consider buying them when they came out. If they retro'ed them properly, it would be another story, but I doubt Nike would ever do that.

When done right, the OG trainers are just something spectacular to look at.

From the color pop, to amazing upper material that gives a shoe some definition, and shutting it all down with that sleek shape of a shoe that makes it look like it's moving as it sits there...

View media item 357075
View media item 357076
The OGs were marvelous. It actually makes me sick revisiting that old comparison photo I took years ago. Years later, as Nike makes even more money, they are still lacking in so many areas.

Found this thread after learning that it's coming back next month (at least, in Japan).
Let's see how they look/feel this time around.

Found this thread after learning that it's coming back next month (at least, in Japan).
Let's see how they look/feel this time around.

The Grey/Yellow? That's news to me. A handful of other colors are.

Peace,
J

I love this shoe and grey yellow colorway so much but the quality was **** both times retroed and that paint cracking was pathetic

From the pic, they look exactly like the last retro set. I'll be interested to see them in person to see if they changed the upper material to the nappy nubuck or not.

Peace,
J
This was the photo that hypebeast posted. I'm definitely not a fan of this shade of yellow. As posted above the OG had a much nicer shade.

I hope the materials are closer to the OG. Will cop most likely either way, this will be my 3rd pair of these. I've beaten the last ones to death they're so comfortable and even beat, I still get random people complimenting them all the time.

If that's what releases, looks like they haven't changed a thing from the last time. If they're not gonna bother doing them right, there are several other OG colors I'd much rather see.

Peace,
J

I saw these were coming back from Sneaker Freakers post on Facebook. I had the last one and just love the shoe. Never got them in high school but I'm living the dream now. Must cop crappy or not.

Yeah they look the exact same as the last time they released as said before. I got those and will probably get these. I can use a fresh pair. I kinda messed up my current ones slightly. Rubbed some of the yellow paint off on the right shoe trying to clean then with rubbing alcohol lol smh. It's not that noticeable but I notice it. Def getting these, can't resist. They're one of my dopest pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom